Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Inspired by a post from Zoella, thoroughly mocked and parodied in her thread...but I thought it still sounded fun
(Could also be done the other way round, but probably trickier.)

Some off the top of my head:

- Brighton. I’ve just never got what was so great about that town.
- Mince pies
- Tom Hanks films
- David Dobrik . Extremely punchable face.
- superhero franchises
- The Manic Street Preachers - yes it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest people love them, does anyone even know who they are anymore? But I’ve always thought they were the most overated band in history.
- Hamilton
- The Olympics
- Disney songs

I’m sure I’ll think of more.

Please add your own...

Reactions: 12
Coke
Cadbury’s chocolate
Love Island & similar shows
Slogans on clothes, especially random tit (New York University 1984 Star Baseball or something)
The plastered on make up/fake tan/false nails look (no hate, just don’t think it’s flattering)
The 90s dad look that seems to be in (even less flattering)
Disney films
Lazy feminism/eco warrior-ism
Billie Eilish (I just don’t get the hype)
White people using AAVE
Wearing branded everything
Tea

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Coffee... smells nicer than it tastes. I don't hate it but prefer tea, and will never understand why so many people are complete wankers over it.
Candles in the bathroom... fking pointless, what's relaxing about having a bath in a bathroom where you can see fk all?

I'll probably think of more but that will do for now.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Game Of Thrones...no I haven’t watched it, no I won’t love it and I know it’s not for me so please don’t patronise me and tell me to try a few episodes 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Coke
Cadbury’s chocolate
Love Island & similar shows
Slogans on clothes, especially random tit (New York University 1984 Star Baseball or something)
The plastered on make up/fake tan/false nails look (no hate, just don’t think it’s flattering)
The 90s dad look that seems to be in (even less flattering)
Disney films
Lazy feminism/eco warrior-ism
Billie Eilish (I just don’t get the hype)
White people using AAVE
Wearing branded everything
Tea
Agree with a few of these -the makeup thing, absolutely. Lazy feminism, even worse. Have you heard of Lauren Duca? I just discovered her last night and she is truly ghastly, approach with caution. But she is the epitome of that.

And I had a laugh about the slogans on clothes thing. When I was about 12 I thought anything with a vaguely sporty aesthetic and a US place name was the height of sophistication ... which makes me want to add

- Those school leavers hoodies with peoples names forming the graduation year on the back (feel like you don’t see them so much, or am I just not in places where they are commonly worn as much?)

- waffles. Give me pancakes any day.

- Lana Delray - inspired by billie eiliish being listed above, but even more dull in my view . Good god so dull.

- made in Chelsea

Reactions: 8
Avocado - slimy, tasteless gunk.
Tea without sugar.
Tonic water.. Tastes like acid reflux

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Paris. Theres some beautiful architecture, but it's dirty, full of pick pockets and theres too much gold. Been twice and always glad to leave

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Bananas-the smell makes me want to puke.
Game of thrones
teenagers talking like gangsters
prawn cocktail flavor crisps
facebook
smoothies
avocados
most reality shows like Towie, real housewives etc.

Reactions: 15
Inspired by a post from Zoella, thoroughly mocked and parodied in her thread...but I thought it still sounded fun
(Could also be done the other way round, but probably trickier.)

Some off the top of my head:

- Brighton. I’ve just never got what was so great about that town.
- Mince pies
- Tom Hanks films
- David Dobrik . Extremely punchable face.
- superhero franchises
- The Manic Street Preachers - yes it’s a bit of a stretch to suggest people love them, does anyone even know who they are anymore? But I’ve always thought they were the most overated band in history.
- Hamilton
- The Olympics
- Disney songs

I’m sure I’ll think of more.

Please add your own...
My heart hurts... Tom Hanks... Mince pies... Manics 💔😭 The Holy Bible is in my top 5 albums of all time. 😂

things I hate everyone seems to love:-

Love Island and reality tv in general
Tic tok
Snapchat (I’m 31. Maybe too old? Just don’t get these two)
Words like “influence” “platforms” “engagement” “opportunities” “working with” to describe essentially modern day MLM scams. 🙄
Stone Roses - urgh.
Oasis - fairly overrated

oh forgot the one that bugs me the most:
cancel culture and everyone just being so bleeping “woke AF” 😳🙄😡 Some of this Twitter generation and their campaigns have remarkable resemblance of a dictatorship state. They allow for NO dissent of thought or opinion, cannot be challenged or disagreed with. Generally very ironic considering the mos “woke” consider themselves progressives fighting for democracy and equality...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Bond films
Mexican food
All you can eat buffets
Cruises
Fancy dress parties
Fairground high rides
The trout pout/filler look

That's it for now

Reactions: 9
Coca Cola
Gin
Music festivals
New Years Eve
Soaps (the TV variety!)
FaceTime
Costa
Nightclubs
Selfies
Stormzy is 72 years old
British Summertime when it stays light til 10pm
Most desserts
Beyoncé

God that makes me sound miserable :ROFLMAO:

EDIT - how did I forget Love Island? Watching that tit causes rapid brain cell loss

Reactions: 12
Agree with a few of these -the makeup thing, absolutely. Lazy feminism, even worse. Have you heard of Lauren Duca? I just discovered her last night and she is truly ghastly, approach with caution. But she is the epitome of that.

And I had a laugh about the slogans on clothes thing. When I was about 12 I thought anything with a vaguely sporty aesthetic and a US place name was the height of sophistication ... which makes me want to add

- Those school leavers hoodies with peoples names forming the graduation year on the back (feel like you don’t see them so much, or am I just not in places where they are commonly worn as much?)

- waffles. Give me pancakes any day.

- Lana Delray - inspired by billie eiliish being listed above, but even more dull in my view . Good god so dull.

- made in Chelsea
Never heard of Lauren Duca, I’ll have to check her out!

The slogan clothes seem to be permanently in shops, I don’t understand the appeal at all. Agree with the leavers hoodies too, complete with cheesy nickname 🤣 I never bought one and have no regrets

Reactions: 3
Bond films
Mexican food
All you can eat buffets
Cruises
Fancy dress parties
Fairground high rides
The trout pout/filler look

That's it for now
I love actual Mexican food but am yet to find a good UK Mexican restaurant

also hate all you can eat buffets 😂 and carvery!

Reactions: 4
Stranger things.. i just didnt like it i dont understand the fuss over it

Didn't like the sabrina one either..

Reactions: 11
The over use of the word’s LIKE and Literally.

like i was like literally like omg and like they like..

If you all get what I mean 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Those birthday cakes that have sponge of every colour of the rainbow inside. 😡

Who wants to eat a green, blue, indigo desert? Surely it's just adding extra artificial stuff, and who can be arsed to go to all that effort. Rant over!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Jason Mamoa
Billie Eilish
Lewis Capaldi
Oat/Almond/Coconut Milk
Ben & Jerry's
Louis Vuitton
iPhones
Tea & Coffee
Probably a million others 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.