Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like that about velvet and cotton wool. Towels too, sometimes. Even thinking about it makes me wince. I always describe the feeling as similar to the classic fingernails on a blackboard. Such an odd thing, I'd love to know the reason for it and why different sensations trigger different people.
It is strange! Mine is someone scraping a pot/pan with a metal spoon 😬

Reactions: 1
I feel like that about velvet and cotton wool. Towels too, sometimes. Even thinking about it makes me wince. I always describe the feeling as similar to the classic fingernails on a blackboard. Such an odd thing, I'd love to know the reason for it and why different sensations trigger different people.
It might be genetic. I hate the texture of cotton wool/soft towels too. My 23andme genetic test said I was likely to have misophonia (extreme hatred of certain sounds - hearing people eating and biting their nails makes me feel nauseous), could be something similar?

Reactions: 5
Hearing people eating is revolting. And I can't touch peaches or inion skin
Would be an interesting new thread :)
I can't touch peaches or peeled onion skins.

Reactions: 1
Video games & the culture that comes with them

I don't get the appeal and find it so unattractive when adults still play them 😬

Reactions: 10
Video games & the culture that comes with them

I don't get the appeal and find it so unattractive when adults still play them 😬
Yes I agree. I have no interest whatsoever in games, even the app ones people play on their phone. I mean on the very rare occasion I have a chance to play one I happily will if its something fun like Mario kart but I'm not remotely bothered about seeking them out myself. And I agree it's really not a good look on adults, even if soms gamers get rich from it these days, not sure it's even worth it..

Reactions: 2
Eggs , unless they are in a cake
park run
instagram
facebook
primark
Prosecco
bbq’s

and that’s just for starters

Reactions: 4
Friends
Family Guy
Game of thrones
Love island
Ben and jerrys ice cream

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.