Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Potatoes
Facebook
Baked beans
Tuna pasta bake šŸ¤®
Fake tan
Holly & Phil
Influencers on Instagram
Prawn cocktail crisps
Wine
People who lick the yogurt lid

Reactions: 3
Inspired by a post from Zoella, thoroughly mocked and parodied in her thread...but I thought it still sounded fun
(Could also be done the other way round, but probably trickier.)

Some off the top of my head:

- Brighton. Iā€™ve just never got what was so great about that town.
- Mince pies
- Tom Hanks films
- David Dobrik . Extremely punchable face.
- superhero franchises
- The Manic Street Preachers - yes itā€™s a bit of a stretch to suggest people love them, does anyone even know who they are anymore? But Iā€™ve always thought they were the most overated band in history.
- Hamilton
- The Olympics
- Disney songs

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll think of more.

Please add your own...
Totally agree about Brighton - the Lanes are OK but everything else is tit, including the beach.

Reactions: 5
Agreed, I like it too, but itā€™s no way the genius cutting edge comedy or original expression of feminism and female sexuality itā€™s been lauded as. Itā€™s an enjoyable show, 7/10.
The hype around it however, that is really quite annoying, that is what I hate. The way the west end revival sold out in like 5 minutes AND they had all those cinema screenings too. Do people know there are other plays available ?I just pictured an audience of millennial ā€œwhite feministsā€ laughing every time they are supposed to and felt glad to stay away.
White feminists? Double standards much. If I posted this the other way I would be pulled to the ground on this site and my comment removed, yet people can make racial and offensive comments like these against white people on here. I find that comment quite offensive and attacky. Please be careful how you write things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
White feminists? Double standards much. If I posted this the other way I would be pulled to the ground on this site and my comment removed, yet people can make racial and offensive comments like these against white people on here. I find that comment quite offensive and attacky. Please be careful how you write things.
White feminism is an expression referring to the more privileged groups within the movement who lack awareness or refuse to acknowledge, the struggles more marginalised groups face on a daily basis. It is what makes us need to appreciate 'intersectionality' and why I wrote 'white feminists' not white feminists. It does not refer to literally every feminist that is white.

Reactions: 5
I canā€™t deal with anything velvet/velour. The feel of it sends chills throughout my body I canā€™t touch it or wear it or sit on it. Horrible stuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My friend can't touch cotton wool šŸ˜‚
I feel like that about velvet and cotton wool. Towels too, sometimes. Even thinking about it makes me wince. I always describe the feeling as similar to the classic fingernails on a blackboard. Such an odd thing, I'd love to know the reason for it and why different sensations trigger different people.

Reactions: 9
I feel like that about velvet and cotton wool. Towels too, sometimes. Even thinking about it makes me wince. I always describe the feeling as similar to the classic fingernails on a blackboard. Such an odd thing, I'd love to know the reason for it and why different sensations trigger different people.
Yes the fingers on a blackboard is a great comparison to how it feels. Itā€™s quite a physical reaction with me like I get chills and goosebumps! My family joke about it as Iā€™ve been like this since I was little.

Iā€™ve heard about the cotton wool thing too, I donā€™t mind cotton wool myself, or towels. Velvet is my kryptonite it seems! It is really interesting how people react certain ways to certain textures.

Reactions: 2
Some tissues also make me feel the same. :sick:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.