Things everyone loves but you hate #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby showers/reveals... and I can't be alone in my hatred for hen night/weekends.

Reactions: 16
Madonna. I don’t get the fuss over her to be honest. Her songs are quite bland and her voice is too nasal for my liking. I do love Kylie Minogue’s voice though as it’s not as nasal. Her music is also catchy.

Reactions: 8
The BBC. Supposed to be impartial but over the last 4 or 5 years it is abundantly clear they are not. Plus in this age of cable, satellite and streaming competition they shouldn't be given easy leverage with enforcing a TV licence on people who no longer want it.

Reactions: 10
Trampolines (especially when kids are on them!).
Neighbours (the real ones not the TV show)
The daily coronavirus cases/hospital admit/death toll every night on the BBC!!!!!
Mirror selfies..says looks at me I love my self!
Zoom
Russell Howard (not funny)
Slug Brows and over contoured heavy make up
Skin tight flesh coloured body suit things (especially on a fat person 🤢)
Plant based (trendy fad)..we all know your eating bacon butties!!

Reactions: 5
Birthdays that extend past a day. We all have a day that we were born, you don't need a whole effing month. Get over yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The BBC. Supposed to be impartial but over the last 4 or 5 years it is abundantly clear they are not. Plus in this age of cable, satellite and streaming competition they shouldn't be given easy leverage with enforcing a TV licence on people who no longer want it.
Stopped watching the bbc . Stopped paying my tv license . Got fed up with their BS

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Stopped watching the bbc . Stopped paying my tv license . Got fed up with their BS
I feel inclined to do same, but I know they send out inspectors (from Capita) to harass you for prove that you have no means of picking up any BBC channels from any source, and not just the TV aerial. Talk about "money with menaces"

Reactions: 3
Birthdays that extend past a day. We all have a day that we were born, you don't need a whole effing month. Get over yourself
It depends, I’ve always had 2 birthdays because my parents are separated and refused to talk to each other or be in the same room, so I’d have a celebration on my birthday with whatever parent that had me on the day the custody fell on and then one with other parent the nearest day to my birthday that was their day. Technically I had two separate birthdays as a kid but it wasn’t really my fault as they wouldn’t communicate to figure out how to have me on the same day🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I feel inclined to do same, but I know they send out inspectors (from Capita) to harass you for prove that you have no means of picking up any BBC channels from any source, and not just the TV aerial. Talk about "money with menaces"
They do but you’re under no obligation to let them in. They went to a guy’s door I know and he said he didn’t have a TV. The inspector said but you’ve got a Sky dish and the guy replied aye and I’ve got a pint of milk in the fridge, doesn’t mean I’ve got a cow out the back 😂. If you don’t watch live TV or BBC iplayer you don’t need to pay it

They do but you’re under no obligation to let them in. They went to a guy’s door I know and he said he didn’t have a TV. The inspector said but you’ve got a Sky dish and the guy replied aye and I’ve got a pint of milk in the fridge, doesn’t mean I’ve got a cow out the back 😂. If you don’t watch live TV or BBC iplayer you don’t need to pay it
Exactly i got sick of the bbc and did the same we told them we have a tv but we only watch dvds on it and that was fine as long as you inform them.

Exactly i got sick of the bbc and did the same we told them we have a tv but we only watch dvds on it and that was fine as long as you inform them.
I had a TV that for some reason wouldn't work so just used it for Netflix and I got a series of letters over months that they were investigating if it was true I didn;t connect to TV

That sounds promising, but would they ask if you viewed the BBC on PCs, laptops or tablets?

To be honest the £150+ licence fee isn't the problem (fortunately I can afford it). But its the fact you have to have one in order to watch channels I have little interest in that bugs the hell out of me.

If I don't like Netflix or Amazon Prime channels, I don't have to subscribe - job done. But the BBC are clearly stuck in the Stone Age with their monopolistic "hand over your cash or else" attitude. More so now that the Over 75s will have to pay it, despite giving its so-called stars significant pay rises and sacking lesser minions.

Food fights.
What is the point of them?
You have all the mess to clear up afterwards and it’s so wasteful. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 9
They just said we had to register that we didn’t want a license . But they sent us lots of threatening letters until we did.
But no one can come in ur home without permission or a warrant. And they can only get a warrant if they have proof of you breaking the law. (Which we are not.)
They’ll get a F O if they knock on my door !

They just said we had to register that we didn’t want a license . But they sent us lots of threatening letters until we did.
But no one can come in ur home without permission or a warrant. And they can only get a warrant if they have proof of you breaking the law. (Which we are not.)
They’ll get a F O if they knock on my door !
Actually I've just noticed some older threads further down the forum covering this very subject! (y)

It depends, I’ve always had 2 birthdays because my parents are separated and refused to talk to each other or be in the same room, so I’d have a celebration on my birthday with whatever parent that had me on the day the custody fell on and then one with other parent the nearest day to my birthday that was their day. Technically I had two separate birthdays as a kid but it wasn’t really my fault as they wouldn’t communicate to figure out how to have me on the same day🤷‍♀️
Oh I don't mean it like that. That is acceptable and understandable. Its the people who, as adults, want multiple parties and people fawning over them because its their birthday month/week etc

Oh I don't mean it like that. That is acceptable and understandable. Its the people who, as adults, want multiple parties and people fawning over them because its their birthday month/week etc
I was about to post this, 2 (necessary) celebrations is fine, but the amount of adults now talking about "birthday week/month" is insane. I don;t know if this is a consequence of social media or people always did this and it is just more apparent now?

At the minute I think a lot of mine are redundancy related:

- having to fill in application forms that are the exact same as your CV. Just read my CV!

- not hearing back from jobs you really wanted and spent time writing cover letters

- insecure managers who project their insecurities onto you (ooo you can tell that one’s personal)

- Marketing jobs not paying enough

- House prices are literally ridiculous

- Boomers. I literally don’t understand why or how they think they have the right opinion.

- Those with success being very secretive about how they make their money. It’s never, ‘Do this, then this, then that.’ It’s always wishy washy, ‘Live, laugh, love’ or, ‘Think positive’ mantras.

Ok...
Ed Sheeran
Beyoncé
Game of Thrones
New Years Eve
Cats
Hen do holidays. Why?? Just have a few drinks and piss off
Jo Brand
Zoflora. Fabulosa. Or anything the reeks
Stormzy is 72 years old
The new female Dr Who

Reactions: 4
Oh that makes sense! I get what you mean, those people who are like "it's my birthday week", yeah pretty sure your birth was only 1 day but sure

I was about to post this, 2 (necessary) celebrations is fine, but the amount of adults now talking about "birthday week/month" is insane. I don;t know if this is a consequence of social media or people always did this and it is just more apparent now?
I think it's social media. It's like that standard posing with age balloons thing. I have no idea why you'd want a birthday month! I cba to celebrate on the actual day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.