Theonlygirlinthehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why on earth should one child receive so much support when most others (a significant minority of whom could benefit from it) don't? she's very infuriating. Poor little H, chucking chairs around in class.

Reactions: 3
"Easily led and influenced". PLEASE make your son take some responsibility for his behaviour ffs will she say this if at 18+ he goes out and along with some mates assaults another person?

Reactions: 4
I find it really odd how he doesn’t blow with his mates. My son alienates all his friends due to his meltdowns. He’s had so many friendship groups. The summer was awful as he has hardly anybody now. I know everyone’s different and on different levels of the spectrum but H seems to be able to pick and choose. Overall my sons school barely think there’s a problem as he doesn’t lash out at teachers although has walked out of classes etc. They have been no help at all. It seems if he doesn’t disrupt his class he’s fine in their eyes.
Ever since I read up about Oppositional Defiant Disorder I’m convinced that seems to fit H’s presentation. The way she describes him just doesn’t come across as autistic to me. Autistic kids have social-communication issues. They struggle to make and keep friends. They’re socially awkward. School is difficult and overwhelming. And then you have H who seems to have a roaring social life and is desperate to stay in a mainstream school and stay with his mates 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.