Theonlygirlinthehouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you guys think of her? I'm unsure. I quite like her but I also think that she is a massive humble bragger. I think she tries to be relatable but I see her as massively privileged with an easy life. I've only been following her for about 1 month so I might be wrong. That big smile, licking of lips thing that she does annoys me as well!

Reactions: 6
Looks like her and hubby have split up due to the older kids publicly fighting between themselves 😔 It must be very hard having 4 teens and a 5 year old under the same roof

Reactions: 3
Yeah I saw that. Wasn’t sure who was fighting, I thought it sounded like it was both her boys fighting and hubby couldn’t put up with it.

Reactions: 2
Shame to see things got to such a stage that they split up. Obviously none of us know what really goes on, clearly her son's behaviour has added a lot of much pressure, it's something she's talked about for quite a while. Regardless of how "privileged" or otherwise she is, it's not a nice situation for anyone involved.

Am I the only one who also liked following because Mr OG was nice to look at?! :unsure: I was surprised his older children featured as much as they did - regardless of how well the adults got on, I wouldn't allow my children to appear on the social media feed of my ex's new partner. I have a private and public instagram, my children do not feature on the public account.

Reactions: 4
I've always been a fan of Jess. Just found her down to earth and not up herself like alot of Instagrammers out there. Shame her and Mr OG have solit up. Not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Yeah even though I started to thread, it was a shame to read that they have broken up. She has handled it really well! I guess she wasn't as "privileged" as I had first thought and behind closed doors there was a lot of tension. It seems like Mr OG couldn't cope with the 2 teens punching through walls etc. She wrote that she was still a single mum to Hugo and Bruno and that he didn't help her with them.. which I suppose isn't his place but must have been hard for both of them. She also wrote that Mr OGs teenage boys didn't seem to respect her (I'm paraphrasing but that is what she seemed to be saying). I was shocked she wrote that but I suppose she is just being honest. Must be hard for her right now but I bet she feels like a weight has been lifted no longer living in tension as I'm sure her mum loves her H and B as much as she does and she is probably getting help from her.

That's why I like her so much, there's no bullshitting, she tells the truth and how it is as it's reality.

Reactions: 5
Does she do anything that isn’t an advert these days 🙄
They all end up the same. Ads ads ads. That is why they all start out in the first place. I still find her really irritating and full of herself in a faux humble way like Katie Ellison. If she was chocolate she would eat herself.

Reactions: 7
They all end up the same. Ads ads ads. That is why they all start out in the first place. I still find her really irritating and full of herself in a faux humble way like Katie Ellison. If she was chocolate she would eat herself.
She definitely fancies herself. Have you seen the Haagen Dazs ad? 🙄

Reactions: 1
I actually quite like her 🙈 she is not all smoke and mirrors like other insta mums , Most of her spendy items are from carboots or eBay and her and her mum show it’s doable to have a nice home and not spend massive amounts of money on it . She’s never been one to shy away from honest recount of her life , warts and all . I have major beef with a lot of influencers but I find that yes she does do adds but they are always very well marked up as adds or gift and aren’t just for any old crap ... unlike blossoming birds 🙄 or mrs meldrum

Reactions: 8
I actually quite like her 🙈 she is not all smoke and mirrors like other insta mums , Most of her spendy items are from carboots or eBay and her and her mum show it’s doable to have a nice home and not spend massive amounts of money on it . She’s never been one to shy away from honest recount of her life , warts and all . I have major beef with a lot of influencers but I find that yes she does do adds but they are always very well marked up as adds or gift and aren’t just for any old crap ... unlike blossoming birds 🙄 or mrs meldrum
She has done loads recently though.

Whilst I agree that she shares the realities of life, sometimes I find it uncomfortable how much she over shares regarding her teenage sons. Especially the one with behavioural issues. There is just no need. I sometimes feel as well like she tries to play down her life. So she will be posing with a perfect house but say something faux self deprecating. I dunno, something just doesn't sit right with me about her. I love her interior design style which is why I follow her.

Petit filous, tesco, readly and now Hagen Daz.

I also think she spends a lot on second hand items so it's not very budget friendly after all.

That said, I do like her and her brutal honesty about her son with additional needs

I also think she spends a lot on second hand items so it's not very budget friendly after all.

That said, I do like her and her brutal honesty about her son with additional needs
Yes she spends a LOT on car boot and eBay items. Granted, they may be cheaper than if bought new but they are high quality seconds rather than brand new Ikea, for example.

One item, some drawers for one of the bedrooms, she said was about £1,000 new but she picked up second hand for about £300. Same with the 3 new double beds and mattresses and other furniture - several hundred pounds per item plus complete overhaul of the summer house. Not relatable during a recession.

I think her logic with spending more on second hand is that she’s buying quality stuff instead of throwing money at IKEA constantly. NOT defending her but it’s refreshing to see unlike blossoming birds who’s had yet another new sofa delivered 🙄 I will agree though that the ads do seem to pop up all together at once .

I get the logic, I just don’t think it’s relatable to share. Every other day she’s buying more, which is her choice, but why share it and how much it cost? Being second hand, it’s not like anyone can get the exact same thing on eBay anyway.

It also annoys me that she shares what she buys at car boot sales but not which ones she uses, as a veteran shopper. I live not far from her (same county) and it would be handy to know where to look.

Starling Bank also.

She’s so passive aggressive with her ads ‘if yummy food ain’t your thing swipe on by’

She’s so passive aggressive with her ads ‘if yummy food ain’t your thing swipe on by’
Yes! Always! Every ad the same. She may as well say “I DARE you to complain”.

There’s nothing interesting about watching someone else paint their utility room in preparation for a free washing machine they're being paid to advertise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.