Thenursemum #6 GP, it’s me, it’s Kathy, On the phone again... So many vooooooooooms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live quite close and locally the news on the grapevine is that she's going to get to keep her Kieras because they know she's just going to keep appealing forever. I really hope they stick to their guns. This week she will have a few nights without j as he's gone to his dad's and then she'll use her kiera allowance back to back every night every night when he's back. How on earth can she possibly be tired!
You’re right in the sense of that coordinating meetings constantly with very well paid people, collating evidence, reviewing details, attending the meeting and all the associated post meeting work which probably happens every 3-6 months costs considerably more than giving her a low paid carer for 13 hours a night and getting her to piss off.

Reactions: 3
Whilst she's getting special treatment there's other families being denied help from CHC or those with only small packages not even a quarter of the size of Kathy that should get more. If she gets to keep them then that's a huge injustice to other families and I for one shall be complaining because the divide in funding throughout the country for help with support, equipment etc is disgusting. Whilst some like her don't have to lift a finger for their child with minimal needs there are families crying out for help with a child with high care needs.
What she needs to apply for is social care not a health care package but she won't get the hours she gets now and she knows that. She knows his needs now won't get her the hours she wants so she doesn't have to parent her child. I also believe she's never qualified for the package she has.
I think she dreads the time she has him. Counting down the hours until she's got kieras or school ... or his dad who must be fuming with the way she fabricates him being a dead beat dad.

Reactions: 15
I live quite close and locally the news on the grapevine is that she's going to get to keep her Kieras because they know she's just going to keep appealing forever. I really hope they stick to their guns. This week she will have a few nights without j as he's gone to his dad's and then she'll use her kiera allowance back to back every night every night when he's back. How on earth can she possibly be tired!
How can he need carers so badly if his dad takes him and has no carers? Surely this would be evidence against her endless appeals. It’s so sad that potentially a family who really need carers are struggling while she’s abusing the system

Reactions: 16
How can he need carers so badly if his dad takes him and has no carers? Surely this would be evidence against her endless appeals. It’s so sad that potentially a family who really need carers are struggling while she’s abusing the system
I'd also like to know if caters know about his dad having him as that will affect how many hours she gets too. They take into consideration any support elsewhere and I can bet ahes not told them that.

Reactions: 6
I'd also like to know if caters know about his dad having him as that will affect how many hours she gets too. They take into consideration any support elsewhere and I can bet ahes not told them that.
They must do as wouldn’t they wonder where Jaxon has gone and why Kathleen doesn’t need carers for a few nights?

Do we know that the carers don’t just go to where he is when he’s with his dad?

Reactions: 1
I absolutely agree that she should use the time she has carers /school /his dad to sleep, I don't think it's right to compare the sleep deprivation of caring for a complex child to typical parental sleep deprivation. I have two children, one with (daughter) and one without complex needs and the wake ups with my daughter are unlike anything I had (and still have some nights) with my son.

Reactions: 2
I absolutely agree that she should use the time she has carers /school /his dad to sleep, I don't think it's right to compare the sleep deprivation of caring for a complex child to typical parental sleep deprivation. I have two children, one with (daughter) and one without complex needs and the wake ups with my daughter are unlike anything I had (and still have some nights) with my son.
Yes you're right she should. But she doesn't. She has gym sessions, nail appointments, goes out for lunch with friends, hair extensions, dental appointments. She moans and moans about her sleep deprivation yet doesn't use her free time to sleep and then puts it out there for all to see 🤷🏻‍♀️ and I'm not saying she shouldn't use her free time for all of the above because everyone deserves time to themselves when they can, yet she flaunts it every single day and is still so so tired.

Reactions: 5
I'm sure I am not alone in being frustrated that as an SEN mum I don't get half the amount of time she gets to do all those things, nails, hair, full face make up every day, lunching with friends. Nor do I get carers to look after my child at night so I can get full nights sleep. Very very few SEN parents get the help of night carers, and many have children more in need than what she shows J needs. She makes a mockery of the whole system

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.