Thecraftyfox.uk - Victoria Emes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She racially stereotyped a load of kids outside her house using tired old tropes like rap music and white trainers and “boyz” etc.

Screenshot is at the top of page two on her thread here.

Reactions: 6
Anyone else just see the apology video for the post before it was swiftly deleted... First of all she apologised for it being deemed racist rather than her own racism. Secondly she then waffled on about how she has been using her platform to raise awareness about black lives matter for two weeks. Eeek I don't see how centering herself is going to go down very well. I do like her but no wonder she swiftly deleted it 🤦🏼‍♀️

She has re posted it now. I can see she's struggling to say the right thing but she hasn't said the right thing unfortunately.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Like all of the other influencers, the apology is all ‘me, me, me’. And the comments underneath are vomit inducing, apart from one person who’ve said they’re unfollowing. The apology is a bit ‘I don’t see colour, so I can’t imagine why anyone else would’ve taken those references as racist’ 🙄

Reactions: 8
She should have owned what she said, not said sorry people took it that way. Then she shouldn't have mentioned what she's been doing for two weeks which centres herself but instead stated what she is going to do from now on to promote the cause and educate herself, her family, her friends, her followers and her kids and then finally included links to resources, petitions and accounts of black activists. Poorly managed imo

• Heart
Yeah I feel like the way she said ‘someone brought my post to my attention and they deemed it racist’ was said with some venom 😂. She seemed quite shaken by it though, the thing is this is what BLM is all about, waking us up and learning to do better! I doubt she’d make such a comparison again and perhaps it will make her work harder to be anti racist going forward

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Okay I’m just trying to get my head around this. So she had gangs of drug dealers outside her house. Young men, cars, loud music etc. She referenced a film which depicts gangs, young men, cars etc but because the film was about young black men that means she was being racist?

I really don’t understand how? If she had referenced a film with white actors but all the same characteristics..gangs, loud music, cars etc.then it would’ve been ok?

Not trying to be argumentative or anything just genuinely confused?

Reactions: 2
Okay I’m just trying to get my head around this. So she had gangs of drug dealers outside her house. Young men, cars, loud music etc. She referenced a film which depicts gangs, young men, cars etc but because the film was about young black men that means she was being racist?

I really don’t understand how? If she had referenced a film with white actors but all the same characteristics..gangs, loud music, cars etc.then it would’ve been ok?

All I can conclude is she didn't state in the original post that it was white men hence why people have dragged it up as it seemed due to the film reference she was referring to black men 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also interesting how it’s mostly white people in her comments telling her how she hasn’t done anything wrong and how humble and honest she’s been to own up to it and look at all the ‘good work’ she’s been doing i.e two posts that reference BLM (otherwise known as jumping on a bandwagon). As a POC has pointed out in the comments, it’s not up to white people to decide whether it’s offensive or not.

Google racist dog whistles. I’d argue it was steeped in classism too tbh.

She knows what she was doing by referencing east London (historically diverse area), boyz in da hood, Nikes and urban music and flash cards (who could that possibly dog whistle to!) etc etc. She KNOWS it was inappropriate else she wouldn’t have put this non apology out there. She thought it was a funny anecdote to tell her followers because omgosh she lives in EAST London but it’s totally fine *now* you know you know, yes it’s a shame sometimes some of the locals hang around outside the property but hey ho we couldn’t afford property in a “safer” borough so we just have to take the rough with the smooth, yes of course we will be moving before the kids hit secondary heaven forbid they’re educated alongside.... the poors. And her audience bleeping bit on that at the time nd all, check the comments!

I said this on the SOD thread but I cba to engage or deconstruct these awful white MC women’s tit because they’re like rats running up to top deck of their sinking ship, ultimately she shared her vile world view & opinions of the young men in her area loud and clear for all to see. If people choose to excuse it because she didn’t bust out a racial slur then good for you but the rest of us have her clocked 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I think it’s that it’s inferred that the trouble makers outside are black men because the gangs in the film are also black

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it’s that it’s inferred that the trouble makers outside are black men because the gangs in the film are also black
I agree with you and I think She has twisted it in her apology.
To me it reads in her insta post that she assumes that the group of men with nice trainers and cars are drugs dealers because they are black, hence the Boyz in the Hood reference.
However when she apologises she goes in to a huge explanation of the local drug dealing scene and how we assumed they were black because she mentioned Boyz in the Hood but actually the boys were white.

Since white boys were dealing drugs she wasn't making assumptions she was simply explaining the situation and threw in Boyz in the Hood because its a reference about drug dealing.

• Heart
Ugh I can't even deal with the comments....
On her post that is not here x

It’s quite cringeworthy to see all the white women in the comments forgiving her and pumping her up. It’s our job to listen not to keep trampling over and drowning out black voices

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s quite cringeworthy to see all the white women in the comments forgiving her and pumping her up. It’s our job to listen not to keep trampling over and drowning out black voices
Exactly, exactly exactly. I’m sure she’ll invite black women to DM her to discuss now she’ll have read this 😂

also the: boyz, the fact all she got from that movie is oh drugs! Cultural reference to drug dealings aren’t I smart! Shows she’s pig ignorant anyway. The movie is brilliant and brilliantly illustrates so many of the systemic disadvantages faced by black men in the US & also their mothers / sisters / daughters, it’s a lot more than a punchline of ur crappy racist anecdote.

I don’t care what race you claim they are, you’re hardly gonna say yeah uno what... they were black oopsy! Like it’s such a null point it adds no value so shush on it. I don’t wanna hear ur pathetic conspiracy theories about drug dealing in your area, she must have the only drug dealers that want to get caught outside her yard? I’m impressed you have cracked the case tho hun maybe give Cressida Dick a call 😂

These women are all covering their arse cos they want a free ticket to Bestival and a free Regetta onesie for the kids. They’re doing their market research and posting the right things, for now. But the values hard coded deep within them, those they’ve shown in their old posts, will still be there. Behind closed doors trust me she’ll still be doing her little skits on living in “the hood” to her pals. There hasn’t been any time for introspection or growth or action so I’m amazed she thinks she’s fixed everything with this flop post.

Anyway back on brand for tattle: her and KDIL should spend less time looking out the window passing judgment on people in their area and more time cleaning their filthy houses the cretins. Same applies to their partners before I get done for misogyny, KDIL’s carpet should be condemned by environmental health x

• Heart
  • Haha
I can’t get over the comments. I almost couldn’t bring myself to watch her apology in case she broke in to song. That mouff gives me night terrors.

• Haha
2 years ago? Wasn’t that post she made just last year?
I stopped following her around that time, I thought it was only a year or so too.

On another note... When did she start using her name instead of The Crafty Fox? Was it when she started hanging round with Knee Deep in Filth? (That woman makes me bails.)

Reactions: 3