Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheOrganisedMum

This is awks 😂 Like Mumsnet but the gloves are off!!

I love dancing, doesn’t mean I CAN dance 😂 but it makes me happy so I’ll carry on. I don’t know what dancing like a PTA mum means but I’ll take it 🙌 Clearly I won’t be on Strictly, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief there.

I LOVE that episode of Friends. I think it comes a close second to when Ross gets a spray tan. I’ve passed on to Mike that you think he can dance like the great and immensely talented Danny DeVito and he’s thrilled and currently practising his moves. It’s months since he did his dance so he’s glad he’s finally got his encore!! You have quite the memory recall for that one, so thanks for reminding us!

I’ve just checked ... I have blocked 5 people. 2 are men who sent me messages that you wouldn’t want to read on an empty tummy. And the other 3 are trolls. One of whom sent an awful message that my eldest son saw and was deeply upset by. I haven't bought a single follower. Nor will I ever. That I am very serious about.

Thank you for coming to the event I organised last summer. Yes, you’re right I organised a picnic in a park, open to all. It was lovely there were 8 of us in total plus kids. I spoke to everyone, we sat on picnic blankets in a circle. I know everyone who came so this comment doesn’t make much sense to me. However, if I upset you for whatever reason then I am truly sorry. Please DM me so I can apologise properly, doing it via Tattle doesn't feel right.

I try my hardest to reply to everyone, it isn’t always possible but I do try my best. In way of an explanation, I also run and mod the 60k member FB group which takes up hours each day and up until very recently I have been personally matching TeamTOMM members for the buddy scheme which had a waiting list of over 1k people.

Sorry you didn’t get on with TOMM. Thank you for trying it out and for giving me a chance.

Oh and TOMM isn’t a 172 week plan it’s an 8 week method that is free to download. Please let me reassure you that if you decide not to follow your house WILL NOT burn down.

.. I have to run ... I'm late for the PTA meeting. I'm co-chairing tonight and Mike is dancing for the entertainment. If I remember I will story it.

Toodle Pip!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 116
S

SherlockHuns

I messaged a few times about stuff never ever got a reply or a heart or anything.
I think the whole Hinch thing last year Gemma played it up... Poor Me... While making digs.. Not innocent at all.
I don't like the buddy system either of team tomm. There is no security, you don't know people's backgrounds etc. I think it could be dangerous and if anything happened to someone I doubt she would take any responsibility.
I had to unfollow her with the fake happy smiles & dancing. 🤢
You know people you don't know on social media don't owe you a reply or heart or whatever don't you?! It's become a pretty common theme round here to hate someone because they didn't reply to your messages. It's a bit petty really. People do have families to look after, jobs etc.

I like Gemma, she's a nice person, she's ad free, and I like her background story, as it's very much like mine. I also had post natal anxiety and was exhausting myself over cleaning among other things I won't go into. Anyone that can come out of it and use it to genuinely help others while not even earning anything gets my respect. If anyone deserves to earn its Gemma.

She cares about people's safety, unlike Hinch, and dealt with the bullying from the Hinch Army in the most dignified way. She also makes movement to natural products and proves you don't need a narnia to clean your house.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m sorry but is anyone actually buying this fake, over rehearsed crap??! Here’s my 172 week programme on how to clean your house. Make sure you stick to it, or your house will burn down! Here’s me dancing round my kitchen like one of the PTA mums at the school disco who thinks they’re “way cool and rad”... with my husband who looks and dances like Danny Divito in that episode of Friends when he’s a stripper....oh and don’t forget the odd video of me making out I’ve got so much intergrity (even though I buy followers and block anyone who might have a similar page). Just what we need, another Instagram nobody with a book telling us what to do and when 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22

MrsBarker

I love Gemma! She has always replied to anything I’ve sent her. Seems genuinely lovely.
There was a bit of a thing between her and Mrs Hinch last year. Basically she said it was stupid to mix chemicals, and shouldn’t be advised (she didn’t mention any names at all). Then the Hinch Army got on her back and she was receiving abusive messages. Mrs Hinch was in a position where she could have ‘influenced’ her army to lay off a bit, but didn’t. Instead spouted all this shit about ‘always having her back’etc. So no, I doubt Gemma does like her much. Ironically they share the same birthday though - my random fact for the day!

Reactions: 15

Beyondthebrink

Much much MUCH prefer organised_motherhood_ - her account is more about cleaning less, owning less etc.

Reactions: 14
I love Gemma! She has always replied to anything I’ve sent her. Seems genuinely lovely.
There was a bit of a thing between her and Mrs Hinch last year. Basically she said it was stupid to mix chemicals, and shouldn’t be advised (she didn’t mention any names at all). Then the Hinch Army got on her back and she was receiving abusive messages. Mrs Hinch was in a position where she could have ‘influenced’ her army to lay off a bit, but didn’t. Instead spouted all this shit about ‘always having her back’etc. So no, I doubt Gemma does like her much. Ironically they share the same birthday though - my random fact for the day!
I love her too. I think she is very genuine and she actually wrote her book herself rather than get a ghost writer to do it for her like Mrs Hinch did!

Reactions: 12

powderpower

Chatty Member
Out of all the instagramers I follow I do find Gemma the most genuine. I honestly don't think she buys followers as her interaction to followers is pretty spot on.
Tomm is a great way to clean and lets face it she does it all for free we don't have to follow.
The dancing is a little cringe but I just skip past it I actually really like Mike ( Derrick) he seems really down to earth and her boys seem lovely. I have also always had a response from her and I love her recipes.

Reactions: 10

Thevacmat

Well I bloody love Gemma she's given me nothing but support in tough times and got my account though tough times and got it to where it is now!

Thanks Gemma I couldn't of done it without your help

Reb14

I love her too. She’s been incredibly lovely when I’ve messaged for advice, she’s helped save my sanity on numerous occasions. My life has been insane since my daughter was born and thinking I only need to fit an hours max housework into my day is great.
And in terms of her whole ‘don’t mix chemicals’ thing? Yeah, what a cow, encouraging people to keep themselves safe. I did it once, completely by accident, and there are people who do it on purpose. I honestly could have seriously hurt myself and my husband.
If it’s not your cup of tea, don’t follow her account. Don’t just slate someone online that you don’t know. And also, it’s refreshing to see a couple who obviously love and respect each other on social media, rather than just moaning about who achieved other. If they want to dance on Instagram, let them.

Debarkle

Chatty Member
Yeah it’s fucking huge but wah wah we have to refurb it all on a tiny budget.
Let me find my violin!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Gemma is great and will only give the best truthful advise :) and won’t cause us to spontaneously combust as we’ve doused ourselves in too many chemicals. I follow team Tomm

MummyB

Another Gemma fan here! She always replies to my messages, she answers my cleaning questions and her methods work for me! She actually cleans stuff too unlike Hinch!

RubyShoe

I’m sorry but is anyone actually buying this fake, over rehearsed crap??! Here’s my 172 week programme on how to clean your house. Make sure you stick to it, or your house will burn down! Here’s me dancing round my kitchen like one of the PTA mums at the school disco who thinks they’re “way cool and rad”... with my husband who looks and dances like Danny Divito in that episode of Friends when he’s a stripper....oh and don’t forget the odd video of me making out I’ve got so much intergrity (even though I buy followers and block anyone who might have a similar page). Just what we need, another Instagram nobody with a book telling us what to do and when 🙄
What a load of crap. Have you even tried it? She is one of the most down to earth on here. Her system does not last for 172 ffs. And at least she knows how to clean a house and not just spray shite airfresheners and zoflora everywhere ffs

Prgirl_cesca

VIP Member
Sorry I thought this was a new thread so I’ve been liking old posts 😳

I just recently found her but I’ve went off her straight away. One day all her stories were just songs! I was like I’ll just put on the radio thanks!

I didn’t like how she jumped on the troll bandwagon recently. Considering she knows what it’s like to get trolled by fans of another Instagrammer (Hinch Army) I thought it was ridiculous of her to support Mrs Meldrum and doxxing.

The cleaning thing I also don’t get. So she does half an hour every day so she doesn’t have to clean at the weekend. Well I do 1.5 hours on a Friday so I don’t have to clean 6 days a week. Should I also write a book?!

Organised motherhood is much better. She only cleans her bathroom once a month and it looks very clean the rest of the time. She doesn’t have little boys though 🤨
You clean the bathrooms daily actually, not once a month.

The whole point is you do daily jobs which keep on top of everything then focus on one room for 30 mins a day and do a deeper clean there, it basically means that your house overall feels cleaner all the time. I used to do one huge blitz clean on my day off and a few days on it felt unclean again. This method works for me and thousands of others to keep on top of the house little and often.

She also does really good spotify playlists to clean to, and unlike all the other instagrammers she doesnt do many ads and is really focusing towards easy eco cleaning which is helping our family be more environmentally friendly.

Reactions: 7

Icantbelieveitsnotbutter

I think she’s trying to be relatable because there’s no hiding that she is living in a big period property. I’m happy for her but she is coming off a little smug and her trying to be relatable and how she does all this for her followers and doesn’t make much money is all feeling a little trite and contrived.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Organised motherhood. She’s not really a cleaning account she does eco and minimalist living. She does clean the bathroom every few days but she only does a proper deep clean every month. She has a YouTube video about it and her bathrooms always look very clean. She also tries to use natural products where possible.

And she’s just done lots of stories on Instagram calling Meldrum out on shady behaviour 🤣🤣🤣
Just checked her stories out and she really nails the whole situation doesn’t she. She seems like a thoroughly lovely person

• Heart

Debarkle

Chatty Member
I don’t mind Gemma but her latest insta video made me laugh - talking about non stop work but it’s 6 hours a day! She doesn’t start till 10 and the last 2 hours are replying to DMs... these instagrammers have no idea about real life!