The Witt Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Protein wise she’s never far off (because as a nation we tend to overdo protein portions...me included) but those plates need far more starch/ carbs.

I think if you’re an adult who perhaps struggles with your own food demons, carbs can become a bit of a tricky area...which isn’t great when children will happily have half their plates full of carbs!

She has always been very interested in health and fitness but that can sometimes lead to its own issues can’t it? Maybe a fat and calorie deficit going on :( A real shame when food becomes an area of control or stress in your life.

Someone posted Helens videos above and it’s pretty interesting to note that this is a family who eat pretty hearty portions, but are all healthy weights.
Helen buys yellow labels from Morrisons you should see the amount of food she gets in a week for a pittance ,her kids have large portions including sandwiches and sausage rolls for supper as they're short dates on them, but all the kids are very slim .What Claire dishes up for her 12yr old Helen would dish up for her 9 month old .

Reactions: 3
Her aldi haul today…
Two basic yoghurts for Violet
The chocolate pot yoghurts are always ‘for the boys’
Two salmon fillets.. They would be lucky to stretch to 2 people
She never buys a standard white loaf of bread

😂 I can’t see how what she buys lasts more than a few days.

Reactions: 2
Her aldi haul today…
Two basic yoghurts for Violet
The chocolate pot yoghurts are always ‘for the boys’
Two salmon fillets.. They would be lucky to stretch to 2 people
She never buys a standard white loaf of bread

😂 I can’t see how what she buys lasts more than a few days.
While I agree about everything else I see no issue with not buying a standard loaf of white bread I also don’t buy white bread and rarely but granary seeded as I’m quite fussy about what my daughter eats and prefer to make her things from scratch however I offer her a bigger portion than alistar gets at times and she’s 2. I do wonder if she gives a smaller portion and they can go back for seconds so food isn’t wasted.

Helen buys yellow labels from Morrisons you should see the amount of food she gets in a week for a pittance ,her kids have large portions including sandwiches and sausage rolls for supper as they're short dates on them, but all the kids are very slim .What Claire dishes up for her 12yr old Helen would dish up for her 9 month old .
Yep I definitely think her videos would reassure any parents who worry about main meal sizes and weight gain in kids. As long as they’re active, children can eat almost adult portions (if healthy/ balanced food of course!)

I don’t think there would be seconds by the amount she cooks, she definitely looked better with a bit of weight on
83CF36E2-6ED5-4AD5-B7B0-16D4CF0B9F6F.jpeg
FC0646E6-0234-4355-98B3-1336C0443AC7.jpeg
her portions were bigger 5 yrs ago than they are now

Yep I definitely think her videos would reassure any parents who worry about main meal sizes and weight gain in kids. As long as they’re active, children can eat almost adult portions (if healthy/ balanced food of course!)
Helen’s boys prefer home cooked food to takeout,her portions are huge but I think it balances out as they wouldn’t be snacking as much between meals .

Last edited:
  • Sad
I imagine the day any mother’s “awkward nightmare” with their child walking in on them watching something when reaching adolescence is completely different with allistar. *claire walks in to the sound of eating. Alistar quickly closes his laptop to prevent his mum finding out he was watching “what I eat in a day” content on YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
While I agree about everything else I see no issue with not buying a standard loaf of white bread I also don’t buy white bread and rarely but granary seeded as I’m quite fussy about what my daughter eats and prefer to make her things from scratch however I offer her a bigger portion than alistar gets at times and she’s 2. I do wonder if she gives a smaller portion and they can go back for seconds so food isn’t wasted.
It was just an example of something I noticed 😅 they never seems to have toast or sandwiches with bread, it’s always wraps or thins.

Reactions: 6
I bet Alister would like to have lunch at school some days instead of taking a packed lunch everyday, I can’t imagine her giving him any money. He isn’t in primary school anymore 😂

He will rebel massively
100%.
My daughter is the same age as Alister so it’s hard not to compare.

I’ve always been pretty laid back and let her have free access to snacks/chocolate/fizzy drinks.. They don’t interest her at all because they’ve never been seen as a restricted thing. It’s the same with her phone and tv.. All of her friends use them for Snapchat and TikTok etc, it’s one of the ways they’ve built and maintained their new friendships at this age. As long as you keep an eye on it then it’s fine. On Saturdays they often meet up as a class and go to the shopping mall type of places.

I think Claire would have a heart attack if Alister was out with his mates.

This ❤ That’s how I am bringing my children up
100%.
My daughter is the same age as Alister so it’s hard not to compare.

I’ve always been pretty laid back and let her have free access to snacks/chocolate/fizzy drinks.. They don’t interest her at all because they’ve never been seen as a restricted thing. It’s the same with her phone and tv.. All of her friends use them for Snapchat and TikTok etc, it’s one of the ways they’ve built and maintained their new friendships at this age. As long as you keep an eye on it then it’s fine. On Saturdays they often meet up as a class and go to the shopping mall type of places.

I think Claire would have a heart attack if Alister was out with his mates.

• Heart
Yeh mine don't ask for fizzy 24/7 as they know they can have it so they don't generally always want it! Her portion sizes are shocking.

Yeh mine don't ask for fizzy 24/7 as they know they can have it so they don't generally always want it! Her portion sizes are shocking.
Exactly how I am too. There is a kid at my sons school who is not allowed anything . He went to a party that was a drop off one. He ate so much at the buffet as his parents weren’t there he made himself sick. Not a healthy relationship with food at all. Most kids had a mixture of healthy and unhealthy foods on their plate.

Exactly how I am too. There is a kid at my sons school who is not allowed anything . He went to a party that was a drop off one. He ate so much at the buffet as his parents weren’t there he made himself sick. Not a healthy relationship with food at all. Most kids had a mixture of healthy and unhealthy foods on their plate.
Same in my sons class, the child is only allowed sweets at birthday and Christmas and goes crazy eating them when he's invited to parties.

Reactions: 4
When my daughter was younger and we would have kids over the ones that weren’t allowed snacks/junk were the ones that begged for it and I always hated having them over.

We all know the more we say to a child they're not allowed something the more they want it .

Did she not buy a brown coat similar to this in a sale haul View attachment 764649
Did she not buy two coats then? Never skrimps on herself while the kids are wearing cheap hoodies from Primark.

I have nothing against Primark.. I love it for basics but almost teenagers don’t want to be wearing a £5 hoodie. Don’t lynch me 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.