The Witt Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why she doesn't sort out a proper nap schedule and work to try to help his early morning wakings I don't know.. He is 1 years old now so more than capable of being able to have 2 good naps a day and staying in his cot or sleeping to a reasonable time in the morning - anything before 6am is night time in our house!
I could not cope with a 1 year old who may nap once a day and who doesn't normally have a good 2 hour nap after lunch plus gets up at 4/5am in the mornings. The days must be so long!

Reactions: 3
My daughter didn’t nap beyond 10 months unless she was out in her pram but she was a very easy baby/child.

I couldn’t stand the constant whinging and early wake ups. Part of me wonders if Claire is far too soft.

Reactions: 4
Why she doesn't sort out a proper nap schedule and work to try to help his early morning wakings I don't know.. He is 1 years old now so more than capable of being able to have 2 good naps a day and staying in his cot or sleeping to a reasonable time in the morning - anything before 6am is night time in our house!
I could not cope with a 1 year old who may nap once a day and who doesn't normally have a good 2 hour nap after lunch plus gets up at 4/5am in the mornings. The days must be so long!
Yes exactly mine always had two naps .I think he's still a bit young to have one nap so early in the morning and then be expected to go through till bedtime ,if she put him down after lunch he's be awake in time for the school run and she could stretch his bedtime a bit. I'd also be inclined to offer him a weetabix or something before bed to make sure it's not hunger that's waking him.

My nephew is a few weeks younger and he is down to one nap a day. He wakes at about 5.30/6am (suits them as my sister has to get out to work early) and is in bed by 6.30. But he dropped down to one nap recently, so I guess it’s not that strange. He also naps about 12pm, so maybe later than Myles?

That said my 3 would still have been on 2 naps until about 15mos.

Reactions: 1
Yeah every baby is different. Myles takes a really early nap I think it’s around 7/8 in the morning then only a power nap on the school run he’s constantly whinging she said he could be over tired .She's also trying to wean him off the breast before she goes back to work.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yeah every baby is different. Myles takes a really early nap I think it’s around 7/8 in the morning then only a power nap on the school run he’s constantly whinging she said he could be over tired .She's also trying to wean him off the breast before she goes back to work.
Jeez that is early!!! My lot are only waking up then 🙊 it’s so hard when they are constantly whinging but won’t sleep for long. Bloody kids. Who’d have them 🤣

• Haha
Jeez that is early!!! My lot are only waking up then 🙊 it’s so hard when they are constantly whinging but won’t sleep for long. Bloody kids. Who’d have them 🤣
Myles usually wakes up at 3/4 in the morning ( with the time change) she said on her last vid he was up from 1am till 5am how she does it I don't know...I'd be zombified 😂

Myles usually wakes up at 3/4 in the morning ( with the time change) she said on her last vid he was up from 1am till 5am how she does it I don't know...I'd be zombified 😂
We’ve never had early riser (thank heavens) but around that age my son also went though a delightful stage of waking up for hours during the night. I then had to get up for work the next day and many days I thought I would actually drop dead of tiredness. It’s horrific having that time stolen during the night.

Yes I know mine went through stages too but Myles has never really been a good sleeper he doesn't seem to self soothe like a lot of them do I think that's why she's finding it so hard ...nothing worse than sleep deprivation she's lucky the older two are able to help out a bit

My kids are crap sleepers, all of them. I’m a crap sleeper too, it must be in the genes (such a shame they didn’t get my husband’s ability to sleep through anything and everything). It is so tough going. None of mine have slept through until they are 4 or older.

I’m now used to the lack of sleep, but I remember how horrendous it was first time round, and I suppose Claire is there again. Not her first time, but her body used to lots of sleep after so many years of the older two.

• Heart
Aw poor Claire.
ive got a crap sleeper. It’s so frustrating esp when you want to get on with work/life.
I assume A n V were good sleepers so it must be a shock esp as she had it sweet two older (more) independent children.
I’d never go back to the beginning again - love my children but babies are a bit tit 😂

• Haha
Yeah she said the other two were no problem she thinks maybe lockdown has something to do with Myles being so clingy

Oh.. Ha!

Didn’t Alister sleep just as badly? He used to wake at 5/6am and get himself up.
She said she can cope with that time as that's the time she usually gets up anyway but Myles is more a 3/4 am riser it must be hard going

So she’s got a job. I always felt like at the gym they had to jump to the hours she wanted to work, I can’t imagine a retail job being quite so accommodating if that’s what she’s doing now. I’m assuming so, not a lot else is open.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.