The Witt Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is her amazon shop a thing she makes money off too? The one she always links on vlogs. I’ve seen others have them but they always declare it as a affiliate as they make money from it. But Claire doesn’t declare it either. Hers might not make her money I’m not sure how it was works ?
She does earn money from it, if you buy any of her featured products it says that on the amazon page when you click it. Claire Witt earns money from this front .

Reactions: 1
Yeah ok if you believe that she turns down ads that’s good for you. But over the years seeing her peddling any old tit I think otherwise . Or the free holidays she went on that were so amazing but she has never returned .

Jess doesn’t do ADS . She is really down to earth and humble. She genuinely sticks to a budget and doesn’t do videos on Louis Vuitton handbags . She also works really hard looking after the home while working every weekend and looking after her nephews too. Obviously she will be on maternity leave just now so won’t be bringing in much money. That’s not to say that Claire doesn’t work hard she clearly does. But I really don’t think they are similar.
Jess lives within her budget, and I think Claire does too (I would doubt they have lots of debt), just that Claire’s is a lot more.

Jess has rent to pay and I wouldn’t think Claire does. I would imagine that house is owned free and clear, as it was Graham’s granny’s and is on the family land. Also, they don’t have to buy meat, eggs or cow’s milk. And income from the farm must be very good.

Reactions: 3
Or the free holidays she went on that were so amazing but she has never returned .
We’ve had holidays (paid for them obviously!) which were amazing, but we won’t return. I don’t like going back to the same place twice, as there are so many more places to see. It doesn’t mean the holiday wasn’t great.

Reactions: 4
We’ve had holidays (paid for them obviously!) which were amazing, but we won’t return. I don’t like going back to the same place twice, as there are so many more places to see. It doesn’t mean the holiday wasn’t great.
I always thought she gave a good review and filmed everything they got up to . Unlike a good few other Influencers..

Reactions: 4
Um... Coronavirus. She couldn’t have been working a fitness job anyway.
Ummm.............that is why I said I thought the rules were allowing outside exercise now. No one said she should have been working when the rules said otherwise.

She does earn money from it, if you buy any of her featured products it says that on the amazon page when you click it. Claire Witt earns money from this front .
I wonder why she gets away with just not following any of the rules . It must be because her following is so small compared to the likes of Emily Norris and fopperholic who declare every affiliate link and ad now. Will report her to ASA.

Reactions: 2
Ummm.............that is why I said I thought the rules were allowing outside exercise now. No one said she should have been working when the rules said otherwise.

I wonder why she gets away with just not following any of the rules . It must be because her following is so small compared to the likes of Emily Norris and fopperholic who declare every affiliate link and ad now. Will report her to ASA.
I've noticed most of the small time YTers don't ! but the Amazon page clearly states what the page is before you click in to purchase anything..

Emily Norris doesn't have her Amazon shop marked affiliate link ?

I've noticed most of the small time YTers don't ! but the Amazon page clearly states what the page is before you click in to purchase anything..
Yeah just reported it looked on the Asa site and she has to make it clear it’s an affiliate before people even click on it. Ie it has to be in the title of the vlog or in the description box. Claire does neither. You aren’t to just assume that people will go on and read that after they clicked the link. It’s got to be made clear that it’s an Ad or affiliate so people know that they are making money so that they have an alterer motive and might not be truthful in reviews etc. Will see what they say.

Yeah just reported it looked on the Asa site and she has to make it clear it’s an affiliate before people even click on it. Ie it has to be in the title of the vlog or in the description box. Claire does neither. You aren’t to just assume that people will go on and read that after they clicked the link. It’s got to be made clear that it’s an Ad or affiliate so people know that they are making money so that they have an alterer motive and might not be truthful in reviews etc. Will see what they say.
Emily Norris hasn't hers marked either I thought maybe the Amazon shop was different ? ( I mean the page ) obviously they have to mark the product with affiliate link..

Emily Norris hasn't hers marked either I thought maybe the Amazon shop was different ? ( I mean the page ) obviously they have to mark the product with affiliate link..
I just checked her last few vlogs and they all have then disclaimer in the description box about affiliate links .

I just checked her last few vlogs and they all have then disclaimer in the description box about affiliate links .
I checked too but her Amazon shop link is not marked affliliate she's just a notice at the bottom of her page...If you didn't scroll to the bottom you wouldn't see it ...

I checked too but her Amazon shop link is not marked affliliate she's just a notice at the bottom of her page
Yeah but I guess that counts as ASA rules about informing people before they click on the link. So people are aware before they click on it. Will see that they say back. Either way she should 100% be marking her ADS there was no need not to declare an AD on the Danone one . I follow about 8 people who also done that the same AD last week everyone of them marked it as an AD except Claire.

Yeah but I guess that counts as ASA rules about informing people before they click on the link. So people are aware before they click on it. Will see that they say back. Either way she should 100% be marking her ADS there was no need not to declare an AD on the Danone one . I follow about 8 people who also done that the same AD last week everyone of them marked it as an AD except Claire.
I follow a few that rarely declare AD on anything but they should let people know beforehand...

Even if they are she’s presumably still on maternity though? Not sure what the rules are as I don’t partake in indoor or outdoor exercise 🙊

I didn’t realise the amazon shops were affiliates 😱

Even if they are she’s presumably still on maternity though? Not sure what the rules are as I don’t partake in indoor or outdoor exercise 🙊

I didn’t realise the amazon shops were affiliates 😱
I don’t know the rules in England either I was just going on what I picked up. Yeah she will no doubt still be on maternity most people take a year don’t they. I just said that if she didn’t get it up and running this year most people will have moved on to another trainer as they wouldn’t wait till next year. Loads of people don’t realize they are when you click on the link to their Amazon shop that they get a commission each and every time. This is the ASA rules

Vloggers are free to highlight their advertising content however they wish provided that it is obvious prior to engagement which specific links and associated content are advertising. This can be done in any number of ways within the video; for example, by including on-screen text/holding up a sign when they’re talking about affiliated products (e.g. “Ad’) or verbally explaining which parts of the content are ‘advertising’ (and/or that they receive a small share of sales through the related link(s)), before talking about affiliated products. It should be equally obvious in the description which products/links are advertising.

So each and everyone time Claire says on her vlog I bought this on Amazon I’ve linked it in my amazon shop. She should be mentioning in the vlog that she makes money of every purchase. While also telling everyone in the description box too.

Last edited:
They could just not want to potentially bring Coronavirus into the property. Who knows. That’s their business. Just because you can work doesn’t mean you have to. She’s had a busy time looking after 3 kids.

• Haha
They could just not want to potentially bring Coronavirus into the property. Who knows. That’s their business. Just because you can work doesn’t mean you have to. She’s had a busy time looking after 3 kids.
Yes Claire is the only woman in the world to have three kids. Most people including myself have three kids and hold down a full time job even in the pandemic . I have no sympathy for her she has it easy.

Yes Claire is the only woman in the world to have three kids. Most people including myself have three kids and hold down a full time job even in the pandemic . I have no sympathy for her she has it easy.
I have 3 kids and don’t work. My sister in law has three kids and doesn’t work. My close at friends with 3 or more kids either work part time or not at all. I know very few mothers with a few kids who work full time. Edit: I don’t know any one with 2+ kids who works full time.

And just because you don’t work doesn’t mean you have it easy. What a judgemental load of nonsense 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have 3 kids and don’t work. My sister in law has three kids and doesn’t work. My close at friends with 3 or more kids either work part time or not at all. I know very few mothers with a few kids who work full time. Edit: I don’t know any one with 2+ kids who works full time.

And just because you don’t work doesn’t mean you have it easy. What a judgemental load of nonsense 🤣🤣🤣
Not judging in the slightest. I couldn’t give too flying fucks if she works or not. Infact it sounds like your judging me for working full time? I’m sorry I need to work to put food on the table if that offends you. My children are perfectly happy and loved even though I work full time . Sorry to upset you . But they know Mummy needs to go to work for the NHS and they are proud of me . Maybe saying she has it easy was wrong of course it’s not easy but others manage it . I find it amazing that you don’t know now anyone with two kids who work full time. Must be the area I live in most people here don’t wait till their kids are 18 before they go back to work full time.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.