The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed her vlog but it’s completely put me off having a second after a 10 year age gap 😂.
It looks hard to go back and start over.

Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed that vlog, it made me yearn for those newborn days! She looks great I think, and seems to be coping really well (although of course she did say Graham has been taking on a lot of the stuff she usually does). He’s a very sweet baby, and I think he is very like Alister.

I did get a bit of fear watching her with that wrap tied so loose though 🙊 she needs to YouTube some help for that.

Reactions: 4
She does need to sort that wrap out, eeeek 😩 he’s a sweetie but then aren’t all newborns! he’s very like Alister and Graham.

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed her vlog. He's a gorgeous baby. I do hate those wrap things though.

Reactions: 1
I forgot to mention another thing I noticed, she really should be eating more. One English muffin and an apple is not enough food when your breastfeeding. I’ve always felt she’s very restrictive with her portion sizes but when you’ve just had a baby and are feeding is not the time to be restricting.

Reactions: 7
I think the way Claire and Graham work together is great. Yes, Graham contributes the bulk of the money but there’s a lot more to keeping a family and home than money.

Claire does the cooking, cleaning, laundry, food shopping, decorating and the bulk of the childcare. As well as bringing some money in from her job at the gym, bootcamp and YouTube revenue. It seems more than fair to me.

They’re Graham’s children and it’s Graham’s home, why shouldn’t he be helping out. Especially when Claire just gave birth 5 days ago! Plus I would guess that Alister and Violet are enjoying the novelty of Daddy taking and picking them up from school.

I’m no fan of Claire but give the woman a break! There are a lot of other YouTubers that I could fault for doing f all all day but Claire isn’t one of them.

Reactions: 18
I think the way Claire and Graham work together is great. Yes, Graham contributes the bulk of the money but there’s a lot more to keeping a family and home than money.

Claire does the cooking, cleaning, laundry, food shopping, decorating and the bulk of the childcare. As well as bringing some money in from her job at the gym, bootcamp and YouTube revenue. It seems more than fair to me.

They’re Graham’s children and it’s Graham’s home, why shouldn’t he be helping out. Especially when Claire just gave birth 5 days ago! Plus I would guess that Alister and Violet are enjoying the novelty of Daddy taking and picking them up from school.

I’m no fan of Claire but give the woman a break! There are a lot of other YouTubers that I could fault for doing f all all day but Claire isn’t one of them.
Totally agree with you on all this.. spot on.
I also think that the other mums at the school are enjoying the fact that Graham is taking the kids to school. Lol.

• Haha

Agree with every word. It’s ridiculous to say that she doesn’t contribute anything

Reactions: 7
It is a bit worrying that she left him for 4 hours without a feed when hes only a week old though , not sure a newborn should go that long without feeding however they are fed
Guidelines say anything from 2-4 hours is fine so it’s not a problem unless they are premature etc.

Reactions: 5
I breastfed all of mine and as newborns I fed on demand. Sometimes that would mean every half an hour and other times every 2-3 hrs. They never went 4 hours at that age to be honest but as long as there’s no weight issues it’s fine to let them go that long.

Reactions: 6
Was I the only one who cringed a bit when she went back into the bedroom having been with the older two in the lounge and baby had been left in the bed on his own partially under the covers? 😬

• Sad
Was I the only one who cringed a bit when she went back into the bedroom having been with the older two in the lounge and baby had been left in the bed on his own partially under the covers? 😬
No no I thought exaclty the same she was in lounge watching a film and left the baby in her bed 🙄 isn’t the guidelines baby should be in same room when they are asleep morning and night till 6 months. Also wouldn’t be happy with my other half going to a quiz night when I had a week old baby.

🤔
She's heading for problems letting him nap in her bed, he'll get too used to it if she's not careful. Very surprised with her leaving him alone like that though!

🤔
She's heading for problems letting him nap in her bed, he'll get too used to it if she's not careful. Very surprised with her leaving him alone like that though!
I suppose that depends on the individual though. My youngest two have only ever slept in my bed, naps and at night time, and we have never seen it as a problem.

I can’t condone the use of the duvet on him at all, though 😱 that’s shocking. And right up by the pillow as well, such disregard for safe co sleeping guidelines. At 5 days old he is also totally unable to regulate his body temp and a massive duvet is not the way to keep him warm. A thin muslin or something would be ideal.

Reactions: 5
Was I the only one who cringed a belive when she went back into the bedroom having been with the older two in the lounge and baby had been left in the bed on his own partially under the covers? 😬
No I saw that and thought I can’t bet she’s left the baby in a bed with a duvet on them!! 😳 Why doesn’t she put him in his crib?? I’ve watched her last two videos and he seems to be in the bed a lot which petrified me!!

• Sad
Guidelines say anything from 2-4 hours is fine so it’s not a problem unless they are premature etc.
My oldest came out at a whooping 9.5 pounds. We were regularly going 4ish hours from the get go. My 2nd was bigger and she ate more frequently.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.