The Winter of Discontent #2 Food, energy, transport, jobs, housing etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Things can change quickly. We weren't struggling when we decided to start trying for another baby, we had no idea redundancy was around the corner 9 months ago. Things happen that you can't allways control unfortunately 🤷🏼‍♀️
I recognised this in your post, but it wasn't yours I quoted.

I'm not going to flame you I just wonder why that is your first thought rather than why two people with good jobs are struggling so much and have already cut spending to the bone.

there could be many reasons why they are having another child, but my first thoughts are why the duck is it so damn hard for two people who work.
I guess because I know a lot of people in similar situations that would struggle if a large bill came along. No, it's not right, don't dispute that. Just don't know why you'd make it harder. Cost of living is only ever going in one direction, that's not a surprise.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I know a lot of people in similar situations that would struggle if a large bill came along. No, it's not right, don't dispute that. Just don't know why you'd make it harder. Cost of living is only ever going in one direction, that's not a surprise.
But no one is really immune to circumstance, you can be savvy but you simply can’t plan for every eventuality unless you’ve got huge amounts of family wealth backing you, surely?

We are thankfully comfortable but a large percentage of that is my husband’s salary - so I’m at his mercy wrt lifestyle! What happens if he becomes violent? If he kills himself and our insurance policies don’t pay out? Or he just fucks off and leaves us and pays his state mandated 10% pcm (and even that’s capped!). Or has a mental breakdown and can’t work his job (something we do actually consider in our long term plan). How could I possibly plan for such events?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.