The war against bonkers Zoflora use (incorrect use of products)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i use the warm cinnamon ones but only because our house is very old so it has a weird musty smell weve never worked out what it is because i clean the house every other day and i use it down the sinks which works for us but people using it neat are stupid. weve also had people out to try find the smell and no one can work out where it is coming from so were thinking under the house it is a victorian terrace
Don’t know if your still following this thread?. I’ve only just found it. My house is an old victory terraced too.. and no matter what I do I can’t get the same type of smell to go completely away. I have plug in, mist diffusers and sprays and I can never actually smell any of the scents. Did you find out what it was causing it?

Don’t know if your still following this thread?. I’ve only just found it. My house is an old victory terraced too.. and no matter what I do I can’t get the same type of smell to go completely away. I have plug in, mist diffusers and sprays and I can never actually smell any of the scents. Did you find out what it was causing it?
we still cant find out whats causing it and like you we never get the scent of anything must be an old victorian terrace house scent

I bought a bottle of Zoflora once, not sure what fragrance, original? and used it to clean out my kitchen bin by diluting a small amount of it with hot water. I hated the smell then, even diluted and cannot understand how it’s become so dangerously popular and overused.

I was zoflora addict way before I even knew Instagram existed. And I have akways put it in the iron diluted so the steam smells nice.

And I also use it instead of fabric condition for all our laundry .

When I get the Christmas tree out of the loft I soak all the branches in the bath in zoflora at least 2 full bottles in the bathwater .before I put it up and decorate it to get rid of the dusty loft smell.

All the insta zoflora witches piss me off as it's so hard to get hold of the good flavours now.

I have actually started to try cut back as I was concious of the amount of empty bottles of it going in my recycle bin. !!

I no longer clean the bathroom with it neat on a cloth I use a super diluted mix sprayed on the surfaces of bath toilet then use the hand held steamer ( new steamer and don't put it in the steamer anymore as I broke my old one doing it )

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I was zoflora addict way before I even knew Instagram existed. And I have akways put it in the iron diluted so the steam smells nice.

When I get the Christmas tree out of the loft I soak all the branches in the bath in zoflora at least 2 full bottles in the bathwater .before I put it up and decorate it to get rid of the dusty loft smell.

All the insta zoflora witches piss me off as it's so hard to get hold of the good flavours now.

I have actually started to try cut back as I was concious of the amount of empty bottles of it going in my recycle bin. !!

I no longer clean the bathroom with it neat on a cloth I use a super diluted mix sprayed on the surfaces of bath toilet then use the hand held steamer ( new steamer and don't put it in the steamer anymore as I broke my old one doing it )
I hope this is a parody??!!

Reactions: 9

That sounds incredibly dangerous. Especially the Christmas tree. Flammable zoflora mixed with hot Christmas lights on the tree sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I give it a bit of a rinse after 😏

Sorry 100% guilty truth

I am aware I have some unhealthy cleaning fixations. Have ruined my oven seal and elements countless times too by over cleaning and using wrong products on them.
Yikes... I just use e-cloths and the odd squirt of cleaning product where needed. I don’t use fabric softener at all anymore. I think Zoflora/flash etc stink to high heaven. Maybe I under-clean?

Reactions: 1
Yikes... I just use e-cloths and the odd squirt of cleaning product where needed. I don’t use fabric softener at all anymore. I think Zoflora/flash etc stink to high heaven. Maybe I under-clean?
I don't like any of the flowery flavours but the really fresh citrus ones, grapefruit, apple etc I love .

I also love the really cheap 30p Asda disinfectant , I cut back on the bleach use massively a few years ago as sometimes when I walked in my bathroom my eyes stung about and it smelled a bit like a public swimming bath !

What is this e-cloth 😲

Until I had baby I used Zoflora like it was going out of fashion! Same with bleach. I used to clean almost everything in my house with bleach once per week and used zoflora as a "top up" during the week. Now I'm just using hot soapy water, a little bit of method and an occasional spritz of the no wipe dettol. (Still use bleach in the toilet of course) . As much as I miss my old ways the new way is safer for my child and kinder to the environment.

Reactions: 3
There is a brilliant professional cleaning account on instagram called sweeping_beauties_homelife if anyones interested, she has been sharing lots of tips on safer cleaning to try and spread awareness of the dangers of mixing chemicals etc, also gently explains the difference between actual cleaning and "hinching"

Until I had baby I used Zoflora like it was going out of fashion! Same with bleach. I used to clean almost everything in my house with bleach once per week and used zoflora as a "top up" during the week. Now I'm just using hot soapy water, a little bit of method and an occasional spritz of the no wipe dettol. (Still use bleach in the toilet of course) . As much as I miss my old ways the new way is safer for my child and kinder to the environment.
I'm a cleaner and I honestly use soapy water and white vinegar for a good 98% of everything I clean. You're doing it right 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There is a brilliant professional cleaning account on instagram called sweeping_beauties_homelife if anyones interested, she has been sharing lots of tips on safer cleaning to try and spread awareness of the dangers of mixing chemicals etc, also gently explains the difference between actual cleaning and "hinching"

I'm a cleaner and I honestly use soapy water and white vinegar for a good 98% of everything I clean. You're doing it right 🙌
I do my taps, shower glass and downstairs toilet (as for some reason that gets limescale ) with white vinegar but not a fan of the lingering vinegar smell, so usually end up doing a second clean with something else after to cover the smell

Zoflora doesn’t even smell that nice + the scent disappears after about half an hr. I use it only for mopping the floor but nowhere else. I’d rather use an actual surface cleaner for things that are dirty... it makes me cringe how people spray that tit all over soft furnishings and use it on their clothes. Just why 😳

I use it for floors when not using the steam mop, drains and in the toilet brush holder.

I don’t get the huge obsession with using it everywhere.

This whole obsession with sanitising absolutely everything baffles me. Their immune systems must be absolutely shite. Zoflora doesn’t smell nice, it smells cheap. I don’t want my house smelling cheap, I want it smelling clean. In about 20 years all these idiots will be dropping down dead with toxin induced lung failure.

Reactions: 4
The whole fascination with the pink stuff is starting to annoy me!!!! I wish People would stop using it on ovens it states on the tub it shouldn’t be used with heat and people are wondering why their doors are shattering

and the one that really took the biscuit was someone putting fabric conditioner in a STEAM MOP
I mean what actually posses someone to think that it’s safe???
What’s the obsession with highly flammable products being put into electrical items???!!!

and don’t get me started on the dishwasher tablet in the washing machine- why can’t products be used for what they are intended

Reactions: 5
The whole fascination with the pink stuff is starting to annoy me!!!! I wish People would stop using it on ovens it states on the tub it shouldn’t be used with heat and people are wondering why their doors are shattering

and the one that really took the biscuit was someone putting fabric conditioner in a STEAM MOP
I mean what actually posses someone to think that it’s safe???
What’s the obsession with highly flammable products being put into electrical items???!!!

and don’t get me started on the dishwasher tablet in the washing machine- why can’t products be used for what they are intended
That's down to mrs Hinch using it everywhere.