The unmumsy mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are peoples thoughts? I think she seems normal, quite funny. But this whole filming your son while he’s having a tantrum is rubbing me the wrong way! Anyone else?

Reactions: 4
What are peoples thoughts? I think she seems normal, quite funny. But this whole filming your son while he’s having a tantrum is rubbing me the wrong way! Anyone else?
I see your point. It is a snippet however of the tantrums. I think she is who she is because she shows that side of her life but I do just want to pick him up and say it'll be ok little fella. She is hilarious and I do like her.

Reactions: 1
I like her. She does a few ads & doesn't pimp out her kids.... One of the few remaining IG mum's who I feel is relatable . Normal house etc. Yes she's plugging a new book but she knows her limits. Her 1st book helped me massively when I thought I was failing as a mum.

Reactions: 14
Ahh I love the unmumsymum. She's honest which is one of my favourite things about her and always declares ads and responds to messages!
Maybe Wilf wouldn't like to think of his tantrums being online when he's older, but it definitely helps other mums feel more normal by comparison and it is real life. Nothing more damaging than the constant portrayal of perfection you always see on insta!

Reactions: 10
I agree about filming tantrums, but at the same time Sarah has said he’d been at it for an hour so I think it goes past the point of being cuddly about it and more towards letting them get on with it.

I like her anyway. She doesn’t often take ads and in fact things she’s been gifted she’s often given away. She shows quite a real side to the parenting lark and doesn’t get hung up on ‘oh wait mummy needs a wine’ like some do.

She’s definitely my fave 🥰

Reactions: 10
I love her! So relatable, normal and funny! I have all her books, they are equally as funny as she is 🤣
She doesn’t pretend life with kids is always perfect like most of these mums on insta. Anyone with kids knows it’s sometimes a bit tit and she shares that so we don’t feel alone 💜

Reactions: 6
I don’t agree with posting any pics of your kids online and I don’t allow anyone to post pics of mine , that said in comparison to others she’s careful about what she posts. She’s frustrated and made a mistake , that she owned up to

Reactions: 5
Love her, her books have helped me massively when I became a mum- made me feel like I wasn’t a failure and wasn’t alone when I found things hard

I think filming her children having a tantrum is undignified and, if I'm being brutally honest, unethical. There's no need for it, it's unnecessary and unhelpful. If she's finding it difficult to manage her son's emotions then she could talk about HER experience of this, rather than attempt to document his distress. Disgusting. The lengths some mothers will go to to create content makes me sick.

I did like her at first but like with all once they get the hype they are searching for content and they start doing things just for the hype again.

I really like her. Yeh I personally wouldn’t share pics of my kids online but she’s far better than most other instamums are with that level of following.

Pretty certain she could make thousands and thousands more on #ads but chooses not to and whatever she does choose tends to benefit her kids (eg gifted/#spon holiday to butlins at the other end of the country so her kids can try the new water park).

She also handles criticism well and doesn’t seem to block or delete people. I saw a fairly rude/blunt comment once below one of her posts that said “I saw you in the park and you were on your phone ignoring your kids. They looked bored and sad”. She handled it really really well and said that she does need to sort out balance and never gets it right or something like that anyway. She also made it clear she didn’t want the poster being attacked. So refreshing.

I think she must be going through a really difficult time at the moment too. That renovation looks hardcore. Living in that amount of dust and mess for so long with 3 kids honestly looks like hell. I think she tries not to complain too much because she knows she’s lucky to have a nice house that she can afford renovations on. She’s clearly not loaded though. Can you imagine MOD/FOD living through renovations like this?! I mean they wouldn’t because they’re loaded so their life would never play out like this.

Plus I think because Sarah clearly isn’t from a ‘monied’ family (I don’t mean that as an insult. The vast majority of people are not - including me!) I think writing her books and sharing a bit of their lives will have made a significant financial difference to those kids lives. Most instamums are loaded already so the justification and greed for oversharing and getting even wealthier must be a harder sell to the kids once they reach adults. I think Sarah’s 3 will see what Sarah has achieved. She’s like a breath of fresh air as far as I’m concerned.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I really like her. Yeh I personally wouldn’t share pics of my kids online but she’s far better than most other instamums are with that level of following.

Pretty certain she could make thousands and thousands more on #ads but chooses not to and whatever she does choose tends to benefit her kids (eg gifted/#spon holiday to butlins at the other end of the country so her kids can try the new water park).

She also handles criticism well and doesn’t seem to block or delete people. I saw a fairly rude/blunt comment once below one of her posts that said “I saw you in the park and you were on your phone ignoring your kids. They looked bored and sad”. She handled it really really well and said that she does need to sort out balance and never gets it right or something like that anyway. She also made it clear she didn’t want the poster being attacked. So refreshing.

I think she must be going through a really difficult time at the moment too. That renovation looks hardcore. Living in that amount of dust and mess for so long with 3 kids honestly looks like hell. I think she tries not to complain too much because she knows she’s lucky to have a nice house that she can afford renovations on. She’s clearly not loaded though. Can you imagine MOD/FOD living through renovations like this?! I mean they wouldn’t because they’re loaded so their life would never play out like this.

Plus I think because Sarah clearly isn’t from a ‘monied’ family (I don’t mean that as an insult. The vast majority of people are not - including me!) I think writing her books and sharing a bit of their lives will have made a significant financial difference to those kids lives. Most instamums are loaded already so the justification and greed for oversharing and getting even wealthier must be a harder sell to the kids once they reach adults. I think Sarah’s 3 will see what Sarah has achieved. She’s like a breath of fresh air as far as I’m concerned.
You said this a lot better than I could!!

Reactions: 2
Love unmummsy mum! I’ll support her all the way. Much better than the London insta crowd they’ve ruined it for everyone

Reactions: 12
She’s the only one I really like! She’s honest, relatable and funny.

Obviously the renovations are taking their toll on everyone and wilf is having mega tantrums and filming him probably wasn’t the best idea but she’s admitted her mistake x

Reactions: 11
I like her and I have no issue with the filming of the tantrums. She shows real life and what it’s actually like to be a parent. Sometimes it’s just s**t and your kid won’t stop screaming for no reason no matter what you do. By showing that her kids are no different she helps me to feel like maybe im not doing such a bad job with my 2 year old who is going through a bloody annoying screeching phase.

Reactions: 6
Actually shocked to see she now has a thread here. The Unmumsy Mum is probably the only one I do like. Very relatable, usually mindful of her content, not #gifted or trying to sell to us all the time. I think she’s really down to earth and she doesn’t get involved in any spats with other mummy bloggers/influencers. I enjoyed her books. She admitted she got it wrong with the tantrum videos - whether it was brought to her attention by someone else or she realised it herself. That content is part of what makes her relatable and I don’t think she’s excessive with it either. The stories will disappear after 24 hours. She seems a lovely person and a good mum.

Also, if her youngest is anything like mine (2), he could tantrum for ages and picking him up mostly just makes him worse. I don’t pick my child up every time he throws a paddy, I let him ride it out unless he needs comfort. I find it better to just let him ride it out in order to learn self-regulation. Plenty of cuddles after.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Unlike practically every other insta mum I’ve come across, if Sarah recommended a product I would actually trust her recommendation. I hope brands compensate her accordingly. There’s zero trust with most of the others I follow or have followed.

Reactions: 14