The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it’s a global pandemic when it suits him, so that Kai can go to school. But not when it means staying at home and not hitting the garden centres and supermarket every Friday? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
So it’s a global pandemic when it suits him, so that Kai can go to school. But not when it means staying at home and not hitting the garden centres and supermarket every Friday? 🤦🏼‍♀️
‘Kai missed most of the school year last year...’

1. So did most kids
2. Kai actually went back to school as soon as he could so in fact he missed far less school than my kids did.
3. He doesn’t need to be in all day everyday like he said ‘it’s a global pandemic’ maybe send him half the week.

I know in my kids school they have had to turn people away because they are at 75% of kids in most days, which means someone is having to choose between working (maybe in a key worker role) and packing their kids off to their grandparents.

last week when he and his husband were home, why did they still send him in? They could have told the school he didn’t need to be in.

why doesn’t he just say ‘I don’t give a flying duck about this virus or the teaching staff, supermarket workers’

because that’s basically how he is coming across.

Selfish

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The bloke is a dick. References the pandemic but absolutely refuses to change anything in their lives to reflect it. I’ve honestly never come across anyone so self entitled in my life. God help them and that feral child they’re raising

Reactions: 5
Tom’s arrogance always gets on my nerves, he’s so up his own arse and thinks him and his family are special exceptions to all rules that don’t suit them.

he is saying Kai is a vulnerable child to try and evoke the sympathy in his sheep. Technically yes Kai does on paper class as vulnerable because he has a statement of special needs, but by using the word vulnerable, he is wanting to make it sound far worse than what it is.

kai isn’t going to suffer at home, like the majority of vulnerable kids, he’s just going to miss out, like all children have... he isn’t neglected, he is loved and safe at home, which is more than what most kids who class as vulnerable are...

Reactions: 2
I remember a vid from Christmas where they dropped presents off to family and Kai pulled a cracker with his baby cousin (maybe two or so) the baby won and Kai ripped the cracker from his hand and shoved the empty bit at him all the while bleeping surrender was playing as the family crooned.

They are doing him no favours.

'He will be a dancer' he flings himself around the living room like every six year old hyped up on lollies and jam sandwiches. Catch yourself on man

I remember a vid from Christmas where they dropped presents off to family and Kai pulled a cracker with his baby cousin (maybe two or so) the baby won and Kai ripped the cracker from his hand and shoved the empty bit at him all the while bleeping surrender was playing as the family crooned.

They are doing him no favours.

'He will be a dancer' he flings himself around the living room like every six year old hyped up on lollies and jam sandwiches. Catch yourself on man
It’s the same with birthday and Christmas presents, he always opening other people’s. He needs to learn the world doesn’t revolve around him.

Reactions: 3
Why does he act like a complete dick?!

‘Before the covid police come at me’

seeing as you are out and about everywhere not taking it seriously can you blame people?! Don’t get on the defensive!

Reactions: 4
What tit will Kai get for his birthday and how many videos of him screaming, snatching and tantruming will be dubbed over by Because you loved me by Celine bleeping Dion

• Haha
What Kai wants Kai gets 🙄 why would you get a child that age nuggets and a burger? Teach them not be greedy and to pick one item, it’s not hard.

Reactions: 1
It sounds like Kai’s birth mother has passed away?! What a shock. I really don’t know if I agree thats Toms news to be posting online though

It sounds like Kai’s birth mother has passed away?! What a shock. I really don’t know if I agree thats Toms news to be posting online though
Sounds like it yes. From what he has said before, Kai was removed at birth by social services.
It does seem a little odd he would share this, why do his followers need to know? Poor Kai, when he grows up he will learn that not much about him is private, like most children of social media parents, it’s sad.

I unfollowed about 3 months ago because the Covid rule breaking was irritating me, but gosh Kai’s grown up in that time. Sad news for Kai though, I can’t imagine how difficult a situation that must be.

Sounds like it yes. From what he has said before, Kai was removed at birth by social services.
It does seem a little odd he would share this, why do his followers need to know? Poor Kai, when he grows up he will learn that not much about him is private, like most children of social media parents, it’s sad.
I have always kind of wondered what the situation was because Tom has always been adamant there was absolutely no risk sharing so much publicly about his adopted child, which is at odds with what many adoptive parents believe... how was he so sure?!

I have always kind of wondered what the situation was because Tom has always been adamant there was absolutely no risk sharing so much publicly about his adopted child, which is at odds with what many adoptive parents believe... how was he so sure?!
From what he said before, Kai was removed at birth, but the biological parents were a part of the adoptive process. Although he did say that they weren’t overly pleased about having two dads adopt Kai, but ultimately that wasn’t their choice. It seems that everything was amicable between them though or as amicable as it can be in that situation.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with the over sharing, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable oversharing any child, biological or not.

From what he's said I also believe he has met them? It was horrible to hear she had died and even worse that it was published on social media before Kai is really old enough to understand. What happened to 'it's his story to tell?'

From what he's said I also believe he has met them? It was horrible to hear she had died and even worse that it was published on social media before Kai is really old enough to understand. What happened to 'it's his story to tell?'
Yeah Tom and Danny met the biological parents when they’re were in the adoption process.
Honestly I’ve never like Tom, his attitude is just horrible most of the time.

Yeah Tom and Danny met the biological parents when they’re were in the adoption process.
Honestly I’ve never like Tom, his attitude is just horrible most of the time.
He's just gone so incredibly poncy. Everything 'feels right' or 'is what we're gonna do' and 'all that matters is Kai's comfort', he seems to have fallen out of touch with normality and just become so insular. It's quite sad because he used to seem like a laugh. He just thinks he's brilliant and the best parent in the world.

He also lets him bully the cat but that's for another comment.

Yeah the way they Kai behave is a bit concerning to be honest. They claim they don’t punish bad behaviour or even try to stop it because it’s harmful... putting in boundaries is how you make well rounded adults, not preventing bad behaviour is what is harmful... Children need to learn right from wrong and respect.

it is worrying to think what he will be like when he is older, and of course if he does do anything seriously wrong, it will be excused because he has additional needs...

not teaching your child to take responsibility for their behaviour is a dangerous thing.

Are they actually allowed to feed those horses? Most people don’t allow you to feed their horses as they need certain diets...