The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t been on this thread before but I’ve just seen his latest stories and i’m surprised believe they’re still sending Kai to school? Doesn’t he work from home?
Also stories just posted to say they had a date day at a national trust place whilst he was at school..

Haven’t been on this thread before but I’ve just seen his latest stories and i’m surprised believe they’re still sending Kai to school? Doesn’t he work from home?
Also stories just posted to say they had a date day at a national trust place whilst he was at school..
Absolute joke. I'm unfollowing now. How detached from reality is he? Single parents out there struggling having had no respite since march. Parents with SEN kids who'd love a date day I'm sure. If you've got a day off, you don't send your kid to school that day to help the teachers load. Absolutely disgusting.

Rather ironically isn’t his partner a teacher too? Or at least works in a school? So surely they’d understand that it’s best to keep children off unless absolutely necessary at the moment.

I think Kai has special needs so technically he can be at school (whether he should or not is another thing!)

I couldn’t send my kids to school right now, covid is literally everywhere here right now, I feel so sorry for the poor teachers!

Reactions: 2
Just unfollowed this cretin. Taking your child into a supermarket is bad enough but letting them touch the magazines and put them back is another level of stupidity. The garden centres situation was bad enough but this is another level

Reactions: 3
His husband is a teaching assistant so he won’t be working full time, because most people won’t be wanting to send their kids to school if they don’t have to 🙄
Kai will have a place as he’s a previously LAC (looked after child) and he has SEN

I get sending him some of the time, especially as he has additional needs, but not a full week. It’s a bleeping pandemic! My younger brother is at a special needs school, which has bloody closed. The self righteousness 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 1
His husband is a teaching assistant so he won’t be working full time, because most people won’t be wanting to send their kids to school if they don’t have to 🙄
Kai will have a place as he’s a previously LAC (looked after child) and he has SEN
our school is still 75% full as people are taking the piss!

Kai really does come across as insufferable 😩 “guess who came and demanded we go to the skate park” Well get a grip on him then Tom, they don’t always get what they want and if my kid “demanded” anything they’d be in for a disappointment 🤦🏼‍♀️

Kai really does come across as insufferable 😩 “guess who came and demanded we go to the skate park” Well get a grip on him then Tom, they don’t always get what they want and if my kid “demanded” anything they’d be in for a disappointment 🤦🏼‍♀️
Totally agree! It’s always, Kai demanded this and Kai demanded that. If I had a child that demanded anything they’d be being taught some manners and they certainly wouldn’t get that wanted. I wouldn’t like to see him as he gets older, he’s already a brat.

everything he wants he gets, trips out, lip balm, makeup, a new toy, a magazine, a McDonald’s. Tom does surely realise that he’s ruining that child by letting him have whatever he wants?

it used to annoy me how he would let him climb all over the furniture in coffee shops and such and he didn’t see anything wrong with it because apparently, “sometimes Kai listens to me, sometimes Kai doesn’t, we don’t push it, we don’t believe in shouting at children and punishments because it creates unhappy adults”.

Yeah right, what a load of hippy rubbish, the child comes across as miserable most of the time and most miserable children are miserable because they are spoilt and being spoilt means they are never satisfied.

I do sometimes wonder though if Tom uses language such as "demanded" to make Kai's behaviour seem worse, to back up the "he has some additional support needs" line. I am not saying all children with ASN are demanding and bratty - far from it - but that Tom picks his language to make it seem like Kai's behaviour is 100% down to the diagnosis they are waiting on and not because they haven't set any rules as parents.

So the word demanded is uses instead of "he whinged (which is a perfectly normal thing and all children do) and we gave in (lazy parenting)"

I do sometimes wonder though if Tom uses language such as "demanded" to make Kai's behaviour seem worse, to back up the "he has some additional support needs" line. I am not saying all children with ASN are demanding and bratty - far from it - but that Tom picks his language to make it seem like Kai's behaviour is 100% down to the diagnosis they are waiting on and not because they haven't set any rules as parents.

So the word demanded is uses instead of "he whinged (which is a perfectly normal thing and all children do) and we gave in (lazy parenting)"
Possibly yeah, he really does try to push the fact that it’s Kai’s special needs that make him behave like a brat, rather than accepting it’s the way they have raised him. As you say, not all children with additional needs or ASD demonstrate behaviours that could be confused with brattiness.

because allowing kai to touch all the magazines in the shop wasn't enough covid-spreading, he's now been allowed a new toy from one of those novelty toy machines which involves touching the handle. but hey, kai's demands are prioritied, right? who cares about all the people losing their lives! if kai wants to touch things, kai's gonna touch things, pandemic or not! 😡

I really don’t know why Kai is still at school. Yes I know he has SEN, but he spends the six week summer holidays at home with no routine or structure from school... for me it’s more about Tom not wanting Kai to miss out, rather than it being something Kai actually needs. It’s not fair on the teachers, if he doesn’t need to be there, keep him at home.

his excuse last time was that Kai won’t do his school work if they ask him to, well teach him some respect and get him to do what he is told to do. 🙄

I really don’t know why Kai is still at school. Yes I know he has SEN, but he spends the six week summer holidays at home with no routine or structure from school... for me it’s more about Tom not wanting Kai to miss out, rather than it being something Kai actually needs. It’s not fair on the teachers, if he doesn’t need to be there, keep him at home.

his excuse last time was that Kai won’t do his school work if they ask him to, well teach him some respect and get him to do what he is told to do. 🙄
everyone is having that trouble, my 11 year old is an absolute nightmare for doing his work but you know I’m the parent sohe doesn’t get a choice!
If they actually punished/reprimanded him when he is misbehaving maybe he would actually do as he is told!

everyone is having that trouble, my 11 year old is an absolute nightmare for doing his work but you know I’m the parent sohe doesn’t get a choice!
If they actually punished/reprimanded him when he is misbehaving maybe he would actually do as he is told!
Yeah I can imagine, but they won’t push Kai and actually find ways to get him to do the work. I think it’s a bit different when they’re a pre teen/teen as they have their own mind more, but I’m really shocked that they can’t manage to get him to do anything at all when he’s 6. What will they do about homework in the future? Tell the teacher he’s an exception and shouldn’t be made to do it?

Yeah I can imagine, but they won’t push Kai and actually find ways to get him to do the work. I think it’s a bit different when they’re a pre teen/teen as they have their own mind more, but I’m really shocked that they can’t manage to get him to do anything at all when he’s 6. What will they do about homework in the future? Tell the teacher he’s an exception and shouldn’t be made to do it?
preteens are a bloody nightmare 🙈😂 imagine when Kai is a teen he’s going to be insufferable!
I have a 7 year old in Y2 and he’s a dream to do his school work, we find different things to do if he gets bored, there’s so much free educational content if need be he could sit on the iPad and do it!

preteens are a bloody nightmare 🙈😂 imagine when Kai is a teen he’s going to be insufferable!
I have a 7 year old in Y2 and he’s a dream to do his school work, we find different things to do if he gets bored, there’s so much free educational content if need be he could sit on the iPad and do it!
He’s already insufferable!😂 they’re going to have an absolute nightmare with him when he’s teen though you’re right. I can imagine them not being able to get him out of bed for school. One of my friend’s brothers was the same, her mum let him do whatever he wanted because she couldn’t be bothered and he had no respect at all. Once he got to high school he didn’t even go to school at all because he refused.