The Unlikely Dad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does any one follow the unlikely dad?
I want to like him, and I did at first, but the more I see the more I’m starting to think wtf.

First of all the COMPLETE over sharing of the life of his adopted child - when he’s posting stories of their days out etc does he not worry that Kai’s birth parents could easily see where they are?

Secondly, Kai could give Isla (lil and life’s daughter) a run for her money - his manners are awful! TUD doesn’t seem bothered either, posting stories yesterday of Kai taking his ice lolly off him. I get that he wants him to be happy and independent but it won’t be so cute when he’s 14 will it?

He’s just posted about going to meet his mum and how Kai gave her a cuddle but is ‘being so good about the distance, oh and ignore my mum in the background talking about an nhs letter telling her she should be shielding’ 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I used to follow & to begin with - it was lovely to see their adoption journey but soon tired of all the idealistic posts of countryside walks & diy.

I agree re. over sharing - for children in general but particularly for an adopted child; you don’t know who is watching you on social media

Reactions: 3
Wonder why he put Kai to school when they both work from home don’t they?
He said that due to some ‘condition’ Kai was encouraged to still attend one day a week. I think his husband works in a school too so probably classed as a keyworker.

I believe Kai has ADHD/ASD or something similar. He has spoke about how challenging the behaviour can be, how he has struggled with school/behavioural issues and so on. It was also hinted at when he was berated for going for more than one walk a day despite them being allowed.
Kai might also be categorised as vulnerable due to being adopted and his birth circumstances.

Reactions: 1
That makes sense. I just wish he wouldn’t over share so much. Considering most people I know of who have adopted children don’t even post pics of their face on social media, but he’s sharing so much personal info!

That makes sense. I just wish he wouldn’t over share so much. Considering most people I know of who have adopted children don’t even post pics of their face on social media, but he’s sharing so much personal info!
I actually think it's all down to the circumstances of the adoption and whether they are legally allowed to in their own situation.

Reactions: 2
I follow this account and do think that he does over share at times. But I do think that they are a lovely family and there are way more annoying people on the gram than them. But I am a bit intrigued by his hair.....

Reactions: 1
By no means am I a fan but I do genuinely believe some adopted children cannot legally be allowed on social media (forgive my reference point but Carly from Teen Mom). I doubt he has such restrictions.

I've always found him and his husband an odd coupling.

I’m on the fence, sometimes I enjoy the content but Kai is so spoilt, they hardly seem to tell him off, like the snatching of the ice cream yesterday.

The dad also comes across as being very smug, I don’t know 🤷‍♀️

I’m on the fence, sometimes I enjoy the content but Kai is so spoilt, they hardly seem to tell him off, like the snatching of the ice cream yesterday.

Yes the ice cream thing yesterday was quite telling, I don’t think they’re doing Kai any favours by letting him behave like that- he can’t go through life just taking whatever he wants!

I've followed for a while. They're both good parents to Kai but agree as above, he is majorly spoilt and never ever gets told off. They let him do whatever he wants..

Also pisses me off when kai is being a little monkey and he always says "oh it must be a phase, oh must be the moon, must be hormones, must be so hard for him blah blah blah"
It's never he's being a little tit because he is a little tit.
Kid just needs abit of discipline. I know he has additional needs too, but still firm/fair approach is always needed from the start.

I've followed for a while. They're both good parents to Kai but agree as above, he is majorly spoilt and never ever gets told off. They let him do whatever he wants..

Also pisses me off when kai is being a little monkey and he always says "oh it must be a phase, oh must be the moon, must be hormones, must be so hard for him blah blah blah"
Kid just needs abit of discipline. I know he has additional needs too, but still firm/fair approach is always needed from the start.
Yes! Every kid misbehaves, every kid is a little tit sometimes, just say it.

It’s like parents who always say ‘oh they must be tired’ when their kids are playing up 🙈

Yes! Just own it, all kids misbehave at times, but making excuses and not disciplining isn’t helping. Kai is young and cute right now so it’s not an issue but what is he going to be doing at 14... “oh he’s started a fire“ ~must be those pesky hormones, better buy him something...

They’ve been annoying me for years and I thought I was the only one!

He has never been able to say no to Kai, I’ve followed them since he was young and he’s always been the same. When he was very little he used to ask for toys in the shop and instead of saying no, Tom would pick up the toy and then hide it on a shelf when Kai had lost interest.

then there’s the constant eating, they are lucky he is high energy and burns it off, but allowing him to help himself all the time isn’t healthy, he isn’t old enough to understand when enough is enough, I’m surprised he doesn’t vomit. One day he helped himself to a lolly at like 7am and tom tried to take it off him, but then he let him “hold” it until later, but he kept licking it anyway...then there’s letting him climb all the furniture in coffee shops and things...

There was a DM convo shared once where Tom says “sometimes he listens to me and he sometimes he doesn’t, I respect that, if he doesn’t want to listen then that’s fine, if he does then that’s fine also.” Then he went on to say how they believe in gentle parenting because they think that children who have boundaries and discipline end up with mental health problems as adults...

Oh and the constant snatching of things, the lack of manners, ignoring people when he’s being spoken to...I’ve just watched his tantrum on insta because he couldn’t hit the ball, don’t they realise how damaging this all is? He’s going to end up one very unadjusted unhappy adult, yeah they might argue he’s healthy bla bla bla, but is he really? He only seems happy when he’s getting what he wants exactly when he wants it...

sorry for the essay😂.

Yes! Just own it, all kids misbehave at times, but making excuses and not disciplining isn’t helping. Kai is young and cute right now so it’s not an issue but what is he going to be doing at 14... “oh he’s started a fire“ ~must be those pesky hormones, better buy him something...
Exactly this, they don’t ever let him take responsibility for his own actions, it’s totally unhealthy, they’re going to have serious problems when he’s older.

You can see where he gets his attitude from sometimes with the way Tom acts, Tom always seems very entitled, having his husband doing all the cooking and rubbing his feet and then there is his sassy replies on insta when people offer him advice, like how he was criticising someone the other day who messaged him reminding him to wash his hands after they’ve been to the garden centre...

Last edited:
I agree that they are setting themselves up for big problems when Kai is older

Totally agree with all what has been said recently. Tom needs parenting lessons. Gentle approach parenting works for SOME children but it's clear with kai and his additional needs, it isnt working.

If you read his Twitter it is very eye opening... it’s ADHD they suspect he has, mainly because of his lack of attention span.

From what I’ve seen on insta, he doesn’t come across as a typical ADHD child, he sleeps perfectly fine at night and he can focus when he’s interested.

plus adhd doesn’t excuse or explain his rudeness, lack of manners and just general bad behaviour, that’s all down to the parenting or lack of...

if you read his tweets it’s all about Kai shouting and screaming over simple requests, kai having meltdowns over being asked to do anything and then Tom saying he will just say to yes to everything to make life easier...

there are a lot of children who are suspected as having ADHD and then when professionals have come into the home and watched the family, it’s just been down to the parenting or lack of that they are showing these behaviours.

i 100% believe ADHD exists, my own brother has it, I’m just not convinced that’s what kai’s problem is.

Reactions: 4
It also annoys me how he constantly has to justify why he’s sending Kai to school...if you have made that decision about your child, own it, don’t make others feel bad for not sending their kids in and don’t justify your reasons!

If you read his Twitter it is very eye opening... it’s ADHD they suspect he has, mainly because of his lack of attention span.

From what I’ve seen on insta, he doesn’t come across as a typical ADHD child, he sleeps perfectly fine at night and he can focus when he’s interested.

plus adhd doesn’t excuse or explain his rudeness, lack of manners and just general bad behaviour, that’s all down to the parenting or lack of...

if you read his tweets it’s all about Kai shouting and screaming over simple requests, kai having meltdowns over being asked to do anything and then Tom saying he will just say to yes to everything to make life easier...

there are a lot of children who are suspected as having ADHD and then when professionals have come into the home and watched the family, it’s just been down to the parenting or lack of that they are showing these behaviours.

i 100% believe ADHD exists, my own brother has it, I’m just not convinced that’s what kai’s problem is.
Quite frankly, Kai’s ‘problem’ is indulgent parenting out of guilt and excuses being made for anything bad he does

It sounds harsh but with a name like Kai, and his behaviour, he’s going to be pre judged by plenty of adults.

Reactions: 5