"The Syndicate"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a tweet earlier encouraging people to vote for Neil Morrissey in the TV Choice (I think!) awards for best actor...out of interest, I opened the link, I got as far as Olly Alexander for It’s a Sin before I gave up. Those two performances are polar opposites 🙈
Ummmm yeah no competition between those two. Olly Alexander should definitely win, he was superb

Reactions: 4
I don't know why i assumed Theo was a vet student and he said he was about to go into his final year (year 5?) so he would of had to be around 23 and didn't Colette say he was 5 years younger then her last week or was it even 10? who knows it was such an unbelievable programme
I’m pretty sure it said he was studying animal behaviour in one of the episodes

Reactions: 1
I quite liked the last episode, some of it was over done, but I liked seeing more of their stories. I always liked seeing in the previous series the winners stories. They should have spent less time on the Monaco stuff and more time on the winners back stories!!

Reactions: 8
This is a typical bit of light entertainment about groups of people who formed syndicates, and won the lottery. The series explore, and dramatize the characters, and how their lives changed after winning. There are the usual story lines with intrigue, personal secrets, struggle between good and evil, all the necessary elements for this type of show. Some of the acting is better than others but at other times it's just overdone. The portrayal of the "idiot savant" gardener in series 3 by Lenny Henry is a case in point. Just seemed to be a poor copy of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman. The actors do get the Midlands accents right and that helps introduce the feeling that winning the lottery does happen for the ordinary folk. If you just want a bit of light TV with a story that has a good dose of predictability, and "feel-goodness" in it, then the series will work for you. The concept does lend itself to repeat series, and so far there have been 3 seasons. Overall, it's not terrible but also not great TV!

Reactions: 1
The actress who plays the girl trying to buy a gun said they did film more scenes about her back story but they got cut out.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The actress who plays the girl trying to buy a gun said they did film more scenes about her back story but they got cut out.
Such a waste! Yet they kept in pointless scenes about her being hungry and eating the contents of the mini bar 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think the other seasons were better because the winners were more of a mixed age group so they were at different points in their lives with varying problems. They must've felt they needed to change it.

Reactions: 2
Well I’ve just watched it all and I thought it was a pile of shite 🤣 definitely light “entertainment.”

I like watching the syndicate because I like seeing people win the lottery and then seeing how they spend all of the money! And this had none of that! It was such a poor series.

Reactions: 4
I'm 100% sure the police will be looking for Gemma after revealing to the press she was going to bump off her dad, who then gets bumped off in a hit & run.

Reactions: 5
I think where Tanya’s slightly delusional is thinking that because of ‘who’ she is and how many followers she has/had that it will get her into big roles.

You all must know who Noel Gallagher is! His daughter, Anais was on JaackMaate’s happy hour podcast and she put it perfectly, because of she is she can get her foot in any door but you still have to prove that you can do the job and if you can’t then in doesn’t matter ‘who’ you are, you’re out!
I have to say I'd never heard of her, until I read about her on here.

Thouroghly disappointed in this series! Previous series so much better!!

Joe Sugg and Tanya Burr in it.........sooooo bad.
Tanya Burr's acting was so bad I couldn't work put of she was sarcastically trying to insult Roxy for being pregnant or genuinely being nice.
Acting in the previous series have been such a high standard. Hope they return to the previous format if they make more, and don't feel the need to include Youtubers for the sake of being current. I didn't know who either of them were so just looked like really bad casting choices that never should have made it on.

Reactions: 3