The Stranger (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years back Harlan Coben created a show for Sky called The Five. Did anyone see it? Is it worth a watch?

I did enjoy The Stranger for the most part but found Safe to drag a bit. I think Safe didn’t work for me because the main leads didn’t work. Can’t separate Michael C Hall from Dexter 😂 and I realllyyyy don’t rate Amanda Abbington as an actor I think she’s really poor.

I've started watching Safe as well, and I am just as interested in the storylines, but I connected with the characters WAY more in The Stranger.

A few years back Harlan Coben created a show for Sky called The Five. Did anyone see it? Is it worth a watch?

I did enjoy The Stranger for the most part but found Safe to drag a bit. I think Safe didn’t work for me because the main leads didn’t work. Can’t separate Michael C Hall from Dexter 😂 and I realllyyyy don’t rate Amanda Abbington as an actor I think she’s really poor.
I did ... I just had to go and Google as I recalled the name but needed to familiarise myself.

From memory it was good ... but better to binge-watch all in one go.

I preferred safe to the stranger. I wasn't sure if I would like safe. I gave it a go and was hooked. The ending of the stranger made me think there will be a follow up season.

I enjoyed it until the last episode which I found totally unbelievable.

As if the police officer would let him off the murder. Also what was the point of the children’s stories?
Also
how would katz get done for the guys murder in the woods when he was shot after katz had been arrested?

I know this thread has been dead since 2020… but I have a few questions!!
1) Surely they’ll work out the time of death and know Tripp was killed AFTER they arrested Katz…
2) Why would Katz kill Tripp? What would have been his motive? Surely he would deny that in court too… I know all the blackmailing links together but Tripp is only linked to the money from the club?

soo many things I want to know!! Like what did they say to the police about how they found Corrine and Tripp?! I’m gutted ‘the boys’ will never know the truth about their mum and Adam will love the rest of his life in a secret… which is ironic because that’s what started the whole thing off!!

We guessed that the stranger was linked to Adam and was the result of an affaire.

I think the story line with the kids was only linked because of Olivia and Katz? Like Dante etc had no link… wait he did because he mentioned the guy from the club…. Ohhh it’s all so confusing my head is fried lol

the whole thing with the other blackmailing was just for the story line…they’re not linked.
I really enjoyed it! Also recommend Stay Close which is based on a book by the same author.

1) Surely they’ll work out the time of death and know Tripp was killed AFTER they arrested Katz…
2) Why would Katz kill Tripp? What would have been his motive? Surely he would deny that in court too… I know all the blackmailing links together but Tripp is only linked to the money from the club?

soo many things I want to know!! Like what did they say to the police about how they found Corrine and Tripp?! I’m gutted ‘the boys’ will never know the truth about their mum and Adam will love the rest of his life in a secret… which is ironic because that’s what started the whole thing off!!

We guessed that the stranger was linked to Adam and was the result of an affaire.

I think the story line with the kids was only linked because of Olivia and Katz? Like Dante etc had no link… wait he did because he mentioned the guy from the club…. Ohhh it’s all so confusing my head is fried lol

the whole thing with the other blackmailing was just for the story line…they’re not linked.
I really enjoyed it! Also recommend Stay Close which is based on a book by the same author.
Yes stay close was very good as was Safe also by

Yes stay close is very good as is Safe also by Har

Yes Stay close is very good as is Safe also by Harken Coben. There are some very good adaptations of his books made in France, you can find some of them on the channel 4 app.

Reactions: 1
Stay close was the biggest load of crap I have watched in a long time. Only stuck with it because of Richard Armitage