The Stranger (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe what she meant by there being more to it - she was hinting that at the time she knew he was having an affair but didn’t let him know she knew, so ‘the pregnancy’ was her weird way of dealing with it 🤷🏻‍♀️ Wow that’s sounds so confusing 😂

Last edited:
It was addictive watching but I think the casting was a bit off, the eldest boy was in school but he looked about 20 something, plus I just couldnt get Dennis Penis out my mind (hey 90s were great).

I liked it but I guessed by about the 7th episode what the connections were, didnt expect one specific thing in ending though (no spoilers).

It sort of annoyed me but I guess that makes it good in a way doesn't it, I know I wanted to watch it till the end to find out.

I started thinking that the police officer had lovely hair and her style was nice, and the houses were amazing and how the hell could a teacher afford a house like that and why was a police station in what looked like a town hall..... and then I remembered its suppose to be a thriller 😁

Reactions: 5
It was addictive watching but I think the casting was a bit off, the eldest boy was in school but he looked about 20 something, plus I just couldnt get Dennis Penis out my mind (hey 90s were great).

I liked it but I guessed by about the 7th episode what the connections were, didnt expect one specific thing in ending though (no spoilers).

It sort of annoyed me but I guess that makes it good in a way doesn't it, I know I wanted to watch it till the end to find out.

I started thinking that the police officer had lovely hair and her style was nice, and the houses were amazing and how the hell could a teacher afford a house like that and why was a police station in what looked like a town hall..... and then I remembered its suppose to be a thriller 😁
're the nice houses and police station being a town hall... I live in the north West and specifically in the town where all the market hall and cafe scenes were filmed, and found it really distracting with all the location spotting! Yes the police station looked like Bolton town hall to me, and the nice houses were filmed where they film Cold Feet ie a very nice suburb of Manchester where anyone on a normal salary was priced out about 25 years ago. Despite the ocation distractions I still enjoyed the series and sure i wouldn't have questioned the houses if I hadn't lived local and known it was filmed local.

Reactions: 2
God this was crap i only got to episode 5. When he was calling the bank about the transaction they didn't ask any security questions!! This show was poor almost laughable, bad acting reminded me of an adults Tracy Beaker.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They had lunch on the steps of Bolton Town hall, which were also seen in Stallone's Warburtons Ad, the Police station was the old Bolton Magistrates , which was also used for Peaky blinders, Bancroft Series 1 and Last tango in Halifax. The 'emergency' police car drive was filmed one street at the back of the Mags took from diffrent angles etc and actually went backwards (if you know the street you will notice they start at the top and finish at the bottom) - was very off putting. They also filmed at Bolton School as i saw all the catering trucks and lights last summer so googled it.

Reactions: 2
They had lunch on the steps of Bolton Town hall, which were also seen in Stallone's Warburtons Ad, the Police station was the old Bolton Magistrates , which was also used for Peaky blinders, Bancroft Series 1 and Last tango in Halifax. The 'emergency' police car drive was filmed one street at the back of the Mags took from diffrent angles etc and actually went backwards (if you know the street you will notice they start at the top and finish at the bottom) - was very off putting. They also filmed at Bolton School as i saw all the catering trucks and lights last summer so googled it.
Glad it wasn't just me getting distracted by knowing some of the locations.... the cafe scenes did my head in because the cafe interior was filmed in a cafe next to Manchester cathedral, some of the outside shots were of the cathedral too but loads of other outside cafe shots were of Stockport market I wondered where the school was as I didn't recognise it.

Bolton School is very posh private school, usually used in last tango in halifax (when she was a headmistress)
I am sure i spotted some Bury in there to.

I enjoyed the spotting more than the show.

Reactions: 1
Just finished this, had to get it done 😂
Really enjoyed the first few episodes and not knowing how everything was connected as of yet, ending did disappoint me won’t lie!

I enjoyed it,it's made me go back and watch safe as I gave up after a couple of episodes.

God this was crap i only got to episode 5. When he was calling the bank about the transaction they didn't ask any security questions!! This show was poor almost laughable, bad acting reminded me of an adults Tracy Beaker.
Loool! I thought the acting was terrible but no one agreed with me

Reactions: 4
So glad someone else feels this way! I got to ep4 & gave up... crap!!

I did enjoy this and binged it in a few days . Is it just me or was anyone else expecting a bit of a bigger ending to it?

Reactions: 12
I did enjoy this and binged it in a few days . Is it just me or was anyone else expecting a bit of a bigger ending to it?
Yeah, I think a lot of us were the same, really enjoyed it, but thought there was going to be a bit more to the ending. I certainly felt the same way.

Reactions: 4
Richard armitage was excellent in this but the story wasn’t great. Maybe I watch too many crime dramas. 🤷🏻‍♀️