The shortening of words 😡

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im so glad you started this thread, I love my husband dearly but he has to shorten everything like we have booked an all inclusive holiday and the conversation went like this from him " its ages since we went all inc, I cant wait to have a full eng on holiday " it annoyed the life out of me, he also says when hes working a long weekend , hes doing Fri , Sat , sun , that's just two examples he knows it drives me mad and does it all the more, he thinks its hilarious how worked up I get

• Haha
Reactions: 4
God, I did the most awful thing the other day. Can't remember what I was talking about, but I said "lol" while I was chatting to my husband, as in speaking face to face to him, not online 🙈🙈 I will not ever do that again!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Im so glad you started this thread, I love my husband dearly but he has to shorten everything like we have booked an all inclusive holiday and the conversation went like this from him " its ages since we went all inc, I cant wait to have a full eng on holiday " it annoyed the life out of me, he also says when hes working a long weekend , hes doing Fri , Sat , sun , that's just two examples he knows it drives me mad and does it all the more, he thinks its hilarious how worked up I get
Sounds like something off Towie. It’d drive me nuts too. 😂

Reactions: 1
My dentist keeps calling me a shortened version of my name, even though I've never referred to myself as this and it's only three syllables long!

Her first name is double barreled - and her assistant and myself always call her by this! Bet she would be annoyed if I just missed half off.

She seems to make the secretary and receptionist call her by Dr Surname. I think she thinks she's above other people.
People keep doing that with my daughter. Her name is Charlotte (and admittedly we do call her Lottie) but people keep calling her Char and it gets on my last nerves.

People shortening words is my pet peeve. I know someone who calls daffodils ‘daffs’ and I want to scream every time she says it.

The corruption and misuse of -v-/versus by casters.
E.g.
1) In today's match, X is versing Y, as the verbalisation of X v Y, when the caster means 'X is sparring with/fighting against Y'
2) in a versus battle, (Joe Sugg), when he means going 'head to head with' or 'highly competitive'.

Not just shortened words but people who write in an accent. For example if from Yorkshire using the word reyt for right and theesen for yourself ...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not just shortened words but people who write in an accent. For example if from Yorkshire using the word reyt for right and theesen for yourself ...
I noticed one or two Glaswegians doing this over on GG too (in their accent, obviously). I don't mind it that much but it just takes a bit longer to understand if you're not from there lol.

I think I'm in the minority who finds it annoying when people write "y'all" ;) I'm ok with it when I hear it but not written down for some reason.

Reactions: 2
Some are on with me like uni, but so many of them irritate me. Also, on a related note, when people use the wrong form of a word/just completely cock up a fairly straightforward phrase. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, CHESTER bleeping DRAWS.

• Haha
'Lil' bothers me.
'My lil man'
'Can't wait for our lil holiday'
'Love my lil family so much'

Reactions: 2
This! I’m a Yorkshireman, I speak like that, but I don’t write with a Yorkshire accent. It’s not difficult to write properly.