The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite bit, but they don’t like it when you squidge them! 😹
I cannot remember if i mentioned it before, but in japanese they have a specific word for this texture apparently! I would say their little toe pads are the best but pretty much everything about cats is the best :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey none of you cut your cat’s nails right? I saw this on YT recently and I was utterly horrified! Is it really a thing? I know I would never! 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Never ever clipped the cats I’ve owned. They had scratching posts to file them down!
Her would be like daggers if we didn’t clip them every week. She’s an indoor cat, and has several scratch posts that she uses but if we didn’t clip them they would be dangerous. I guess with outdoor cats it may not be necessary, as hard roads etc will wear them down too. Our vet does it for her when we take her for a check up (she made her bleed once), and otherwise we do it ourselves. Just 1-2mm off the ends, never anywhere near to the quick.

I really don’t see the problem. You cut your own nails, right?

Reactions: 2
Her would be like daggers if we didn’t clip them every week. She’s an indoor cat, and has several scratch posts that she uses but if we didn’t clip them they would be dangerous. I guess with outdoor cats it may not be necessary, as hard roads etc will wear them down too. Our vet does it for her when we take her for a check up (she made her bleed once), and otherwise we do it ourselves. Just 1-2mm off the ends, never anywhere near to the quick.

I really don’t see the problem. You cut your own nails, right?
Yeah true. Mine were outdoors and quite adventurous so imagine they had a lot of natural wear and tear!

Yeah I guess so. Sorry wasn’t criticising, it just never occurred to me that it was a thing until I saw it on a video recently and the cat was going mental. I also didn’t know cat’s get bathed/showered, but it appears they do.

Yeah true. Mine were outdoors and quite adventurous so imagine they had a lot of natural wear and tear!

Yeah I guess so. Sorry wasn’t criticising, it just never occurred to me that it was a thing until I saw it on a video recently and the cat was going mental. I also didn’t know cat’s get bathed/showered, but it appears they do.
No, I didn’t think you were… I had no idea people didn’t!! She loves it, sits there purring away, I couldn’t put her through it if she hated it.

I don’t bath or shower her though, I like my fingers intact 🤣

Reactions: 1

Pixie hates water so doesn't get baths. Usually get her stoned with catnip to do her nails 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.