The scales show it’s a gain, SW instagrammers struggling to maintain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think that the most popular Slimming World Instagrammers are struggling to maintain their weight and starting to distance themselves from the plan? I myself followed the SW plan and lost 1 and 1/2 stone but then after a year gained it back and more. I feel like they are all beginning to realise it’s not sustainable long term and instead turning their accounts into ‘lifestyle’ accounts.

Reactions: 13
It's not sustainable long term.
All my ex consultants were over weight
It doesnt teach portion control .
Many members go for years.

Reactions: 7
I totally agree, an now they're all claiming to be happy with their weight after years of posting about losing it an reaching target. I could name quite a few

Reactions: 4
I’ve seen the majority of Sw members gain all their weight back unless they’re ultra obsessive which turns them into psychos 👀👀 I’m looking at you Fopps

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Absolutely agree, it’s not long term unless you’re a slave to SW and counting syns for the rest of your days. No thanks, I’ll have an avocado over a crappy muller light, thanks SW.

It's not sustainable long term.
All my ex consultants were over weight
It doesnt teach portion control .
Many members go for years.
My SW consultant would stand there with his buttons popping open, his shirt was straining at the seams! Nice bloke but not exactly inspirational.

Reactions: 3
I’m yet to see one person successfully maintain their weight once they get to target.. I guess that is their business model.. keep them coming back and paying their £5 weekly.
Who wants to spend the rest of their lives making pie from lasagne sheets and pizza from flimsy wraps anyway..

Reactions: 6
The worst thing about all the SW accounts is all the carb fest, fake “naughty” food meals they post, the bloody “syn plates” and overloaded fakeaways and then they tag it with #healthyeating
Just coz it doesn’t contain any made up “syns” doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
They don’t learn a thing about nutrition or how to control their portion sizes and then wonder why they have to rejoin and “get back on the wagon” 10 times a year.
There’s a very very small minority of SW members who get the weight off and keep it off.

Does anyone remember a young as infleuencer called Fiona think she was from northern Ireland and had a little girl.
She was lovely and often featured with a few of the others at slimming world tower can't remember how they used to call it then there was the ball.

Reactions: 2
The worst thing about all the SW accounts is all the carb fest, fake “naughty” food meals they post, the bloody “syn plates” and overloaded fakeaways and then they tag it with #healthyeating
Just coz it doesn’t contain any made up “syns” doesn’t mean it’s healthy.
They don’t learn a thing about nutrition or how to control their portion sizes and then wonder why they have to rejoin and “get back on the wagon” 10 times a year.
There’s a very very small minority of SW members who get the weight off and keep it off.
Umm not all thank you! When I followed SW I never did fake food, syn plates or guzzle 20 mullerlights a day. What it did do was encourage me to cook from scratch, increase the amount of fresh fruit and veg and get out side and workout. I’ve got issues with food and I’ve so far not found anything as effective as SW was - WW, Calorie Counting...the list is endless. I lost weight on them all and soon put it back on 😔 SW was the only plan I felt happy and in control on. Just need someone to examine my head now 😂

Umm not all thank you! When I followed SW I never did fake food, syn plates or guzzle 20 mullerlights a day. What it did do was encourage me to cook from scratch, increase the amount of fresh fruit and veg and get out side and workout. I’ve got issues with food and I’ve so far not found anything as effective as SW was - WW, Calorie Counting...the list is endless. I lost weight on them all and soon put it back on 😔 SW was the only plan I felt happy and in control on. Just need someone to examine my head now 😂
I’m just talking about the majority of the “insta famous” SW accounts. Thats all you ever see on them, the ones with the sponsorship with the seasoning companies and all that. They make it look like a really unhealthy diet. Then add #healthyeating to the crap they eat.

Reactions: 1
i think most people who struggle with weight know the issue can’t be fixed by limiting calories for a few months,
All of these “diets”, ones like weight watchers and slimming world, are short term fixes.
You can’t put a bandaid on a broken leg. The leg is still broken. You need to go deeper. These programs don’t do that, they encourage “cheating”, using up “points” or syns, and it’s such a unhealthy attitude towards food.
Just my opinion, I know they work for some so no shade intended.
I would be surprised if any of these accounts keep the weight off long term.

I’ve noticed that the only ones who seem to keep the weight off long term are the ones who really get into exercise and fitness. And they tend to ditch SW eventually because presumably they realise that so many healthy foods are restricted on slimming world. But mug shots and mullers are ok 🙈

Does anyone remember a young as infleuencer called Fiona think she was from northern Ireland and had a little girl.
She was lovely and often featured with a few of the others at slimming world tower can't remember how they used to call it then there was the ball.
I remember this girl. She just stop posting really abruptly. She was lovely

I remember this girl. She just stop posting really abruptly. She was lovely
Yes I liked her account then it disappeared often wonder what happened.
I like we gem x as despite the gorgeous pics her health and her daughters not always great.

Is slimming Millie still positing.

Yeah she called herself Fifi, she literally just came off Instagram 1 day. She was so lovely and seemed so down to earth

I lost over three stone with SW and I’ve kept it off for over five years. Still go to group and follow the plan and 100% still have a life. I think the problem is most treat it as a diet rather than a lifestyle and it’s all to easy to give up when you reach target and just fall back into old habits.