The Royal Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you have mis-read the post.

Meghan Markle is of mixed race heritage, the majority Caucasian. She has chosen to identify as Caucasian on her acting resumé and has undergone cosmetic procedures and possible surgeries to make her appearance more Caucasian. It is only now, when she feels there is an advantage to her, that she is identifying as a person of colour under the ‘one drop’ principle.

Can you clarify what cosmetic procedures and possible surgeries she has had to make her appearance more caucasian?

Reactions: 3
The rest of your post makes perfect sense, however re the bib, @emsie’s comment regarding afros was a clear misinterpretation of the post she was commenting on.
My point was to identify someone as non black because they don't look the way the op wants a black person to look is wrong, ignorant and stupid.
The op said that Megan is trying to look white or something along those lines. I'm making the point that Megan doesn't have to look a certain way to fulfil the ideal of what a black, brown whatever person is supposed to look like.
This is where the accusations of racism come from.

Reactions: 9
While yes the majority of her heritage might be Caucasian, we don’t know the percentage do we? As Doria is African American it’s to be assumed that there is a percentage of Caucasian blood in her eye to rape of slaves but she’s clearly mostly black? So Meghan is probably like 60/40, not 25 as said above, right?

I find it really uncomfortable when non black/mixed race people talk about racial identification, it’s a very nuanced thing, especially in the states where the one drop principle is still rife and not exactly used towards our benefit. Identifying as white when you’re younger to assimilate and then becoming more comfortable with your identity as you get older is a real thing - just take a look at the Sammi Maria thread on here.

Call her a social climber all you want - anyone who gets involved in the firm is - but to start making assumptions on the reasons why she identified the way she did when she was younger vs how she feels now I think is a bit disgusting tbh.

To add, this is exactly why a lot of people stay out of the Meghan and Harry threads. There is a real struggle of identity politics that comes from being mixed race that few people on either side understand, and while I always stay cynical this is just one thing an outsider can never and will never be able to brush away as ‘oh she’s doing it when it suits her’. It is SO much more complicated than that.
You have worded what I wanted to say so well.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.