The Royal Family #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally, I think it would be daft, if not slightly frowned upon, to loan a tiara from your MIL’s family when you’re marrying into the RF, who have some of the most spectacular jewels in the world. Imagine the column inches generated from Meghan not wearing something from the Royal vault, forced to ask Earl Spencer to wear their family tiara etc etc 😄

or look at it another way, wearing your husband's Mum's tiara when she has passed away might be a nice thing to do.

Totally agree that is a bit part of why its so off but also that women like to choose their engagment rings and it would have been more appropriate if she had some input into her ring and received Diana's ring as a dress ring that she could wear with other Royal jewellery .
I wonder if she has two rings: Diana’s for show and something small and simple for every day?

Reactions: 1
What does everyone think about the HBO cartoon show?

The photos with the captions were alright (what the creator did on his Instagram originally) but they are mocking young children. Find it funny that I’m Gary’s Instagram you have all these American celebrities fawning over how ‘funny’ it is. It all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Dan Stevens is getting a bit of a bollocking on his instgram. I wonder if he would like Willow, Eden and Aubrey mocked in a similar fashion?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
also where is archie? no children should be being made into mocking caricatures by grown adults but why is it that they've chosen to focus on certain children and not others?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
i'll be honest i think it's cruel to make a cartoon about a little boy. it also doesn't seem funny at all as a show. george is only small and this is unkind
I think its a bit mean. Other parody shows like The Windsors are very funny, but draw the line at the adults.

Reactions: 15
I think its a bit mean. Other parody shows like The Windsors are very funny, but draw the line at the adults.
yes i'm not a die hard royalist (AT ALL) so i think satirisation is perfectly fine and other shows have managed that in a funny way but george, charlotte and louis are little kids and i think it rubs wrongly because it seems as if they intend their caricature of george to be the main character in the show,

also gary's limited his comments which is why you can only see the american celebs fawning over him. bit of an echo chamber thing to do tbh

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
also where is archie? no children should be being made into mocking caricatures by grown adults but why is it that they've chosen to focus on certain children and not others?
That’s what I’m thinking. He was very against Meghan and mocked her on his Instagram but hasn’t included Archie from what I’ve heard?

Reactions: 5
I think the cartoon is funny BUT I think it’s out of line as it’s based on real children. As with all formats that way I just wish everyone gets mocked and not just some. I hate it if series have an obvious untouchable favourite. A Stewie like parody of George could be extremely good though (as build him similar to Calvin). Being snarky about the BRF is definitely a favourite pastime for Brits. A snarky eccentric George could be well received and liked.
But as I said, I totally see the pros and cons and I hope he gets to laugh about it and won’t be negatively affected by it.

That’s what I’m thinking. He was very against Meghan and mocked her on his Instagram but hasn’t included Archie from what I’ve heard?
My extremely bitchy side thinks he didn’t because he would probably be called racist, get cancelled and fired.

Reactions: 11
My extremely bitchy side thinks he didn’t because he would probably be called racist, get cancelled and fired.
I think that’s what he’s done too. Which makes sense because his bitchy posts on Instagram about her have stopped and it’s for an American audience. I guess mocking children is ok as long as they are white.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I think that’s what he’s done too. Which makes sense because his bitchy posts on Instagram about her have stopped and it’s for an American audience. I guess mocking children is ok as long as they are white.
I'm thinking he is afraid to get sued. H&M have a very enthusiastic team of lawyers that seem to jump at any chance to sue.

Reactions: 5

Didn’t realise how hairy Jack was. Also why is a business trip for a tequila ambassador involving larking about on a boat in Capri. (I still don’t get what Jack’s job really is)

• Sick
Reactions: 4

Didn’t realise how hairy Jack was. Also why is a business trip for a tequila ambassador involving larking about on a boat in Capri. (I still don’t get what Jack’s job really is)
Ooh dear - good luck to Jack explaining to Eugenie……….

Reactions: 6
Ooh dear - good luck to Jack explaining to Eugenie……….
Before I read the article, I thought it just looked like some rich people on a yacht at an event, but he has his arms all over those women. She has just had a baby, so I would think she would be feeling very insecure seeing those pics.

Reactions: 7

Eugenie deserves better. One of the better royals. She generally keeps herself to herself, isn't fame hungry and has a brain and good job to use it.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s a nothing story. They look as if they are posing for a picture. Probably the Mail stirring up trouble
He didn't need to have his arm around those women. It's not good.

Eugenie deserves better. One of the better royals. She generally keeps herself to herself, isn't fame hungry and has a brain and good job to use it.
What does she do?

Reactions: 3
The photos with the captions were alright (what the creator did on his Instagram originally) but they are mocking young children. Find it funny that I’m Gary’s Instagram you have all these American celebrities fawning over how ‘funny’ it is. It all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Dan Stevens is getting a bit of a bollocking on his instgram. I wonder if he would like Willow, Eden and Aubrey mocked in a similar fashion?
Same with Sophie Turner, kicked off when her baby was photographed by the paps and demands privacy, but will happily play Princess Charlotte ? Imagine someone made a Jonas cartoon and someone played her child, same for Orlando bloom playing Harry, his children get privacy 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.