The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And not two children are parented the exact same way. Even siblings. You as a parent change, children are individuals as well. Personalities clash or compliment each other. What works with one, is not ideal for the other.
I think that Wilian had his own struggles to come to terms with his father. At least around George’s birth that was heavily hinted on. He was very open to seek out therapy and he found a second family in the Middletons. I wonder if they are close now, or just realised they had to build something new. If Wiliam has set his eyes to the throne and therefore goes along? The Cambridges were pretty clear about doing this differently and making different choices regarding their children. All without publicly pointing the finger on tv.
I think they benefited because Kate had a relatively normal family life and could bring that and adapt it to their circumstances. William and Harry bounced between the traditional upper class/royal childhood of Nannies and boarding school and only seeing family at set times to being swept along by Diana. Their attention was either feast or famine. There’s no wonder their views on parenting are a bit skewed.

Reactions: 7
Yes, and many children also had emotionally unavailable parents as those parents had money worries or other issues that came on top of it.

In addition, it didn't sound like he had forgiven Charles. Or does it?

Maybe he simply wants to raise awareness but it sounds like he blame his father?
It's easy to forgive the parent who has long passed and has been turned into a Saint pretty much since then. Diana was hands on but she was also toxic in her own way - venting to William about her marriage problems etc. I'm sure Harry would remember it differently since he was younger, and didn't Diana go out of her way to make the two feel as equal as possible? Which is great but as he's grown up he's had to get used to realising that he isn't, in fact, on the same level as William at all.

Reactions: 7
I'm not British so I don't really follow much of the Royal family, but what would happen if William died. When Charles is finished his reign would the title go to Harry or would they wait till George was of age? It all seems a bit mad.

I'm not British so I don't really follow much of the Royal family, but what would happen if William died. When Charles is finished his reign would the title go to Harry or would they wait till George was of age? It all seems a bit mad.
George as he is third in line to the throne, I imagine if William & Charles were to both die before he reached adulthood a senior Royal would act as Regency on his behalf until he reaches age which would possibly be Charles’ siblings if they are still alive too or perhaps even Kate

Reactions: 5
George as he is third in line to the throne, I imagine if William & Charles were to both die before he reached adulthood a senior Royal would act as Regency on his behalf until he reaches age which would possibly be Charles’ siblings if they are still alive too or perhaps even Kate
If only Anne could step up until George is of age.
All that experience & wisdom just there for the making.
Were Anne not available, Edward has proven himself to be reliable & Catherine is trusted.
Never never ever Andrew &/or Hazzard.

If Geo. sadly extant, then it’d be Charlotte.
Imagine three female monarchs in rapid succession...

Reactions: 2
There are various Regency Acts - I think the last one was when George VI came to the throne because Elizabeth was under 18. From memory, it said that the Regent for her should be the next person in the line who was over 21 and living in the UK, so unless things change with Harry and unless there is an updated Act to take into account the 3rd, 4th and 5th in line all being well under 18 then as it stands currently, Andrew would be Regent.

edit

they also have to be capable of succeding to the crown,so that’s Kate out of official regency duties.

Last edited:
I bet the Royal Family have been busily updating the Regency Laws, as my understanding was it would be Harry as Regent for George if W died while Charles is King, this is as a result of being the next Male Adult in direct succession of the King; or if Charles and W both died before Queen then the next adult male (in succession to the Queen this time) is God forbid Andrew to be Regent for George!

So, I'd imagine the suits behind the scene are looking into alternatives - possibly Kate as Regent for George or Edward.

Interesting.....

There are various Regency Acts - I think the last one was when George VI came to the throne because Elizabeth was under 18. From memory, it said that the Regent for her should be the next person in the line who was over 21 and living in the UK, so unless things change with Harry and unless there is an updated Act to take into account the 3rd, 4th and 5th in line all being well under 18 then as it stands currently, Andrew would be Regent.
We came to the same conclusion of Harry or Andrew, just in different ways. Let's hope 🙏 it's not needed.

Going back to previous generations, a much warmer greeting between Charles and his grandmother.

Screenshot_20210513-200258_Google.jpg

Reactions: 8
“They duck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you."

Philip Larkin Prince Harry 2021

Hardly a stunning revelation, and a matter that should be between him and the therapist he's not had to wait 18 months to see like the rest of us.
Love that poem! Harry should add it to the family crest.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.