The Royal Family #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread:

Jubilee is imminent! So is the jubilee tat…

We were last discussing Kate’s pink outfit (a winner for me), The Jubilee and, well, The Jubilee. It’s big news! Not many people stay in the same job for 70 years!

Plus the Queen survived thread 13! I was so excited I forgot how to count. Hopefully the mods can change this to thread 14…

👸 👑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I didn’t grab the quote to answer the poster on the other thread. The cushion I bought was from Next online.
D1A5797F-1FF2-4C92-9723-1F2696DE4656.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was reading about Margaret. She seemed like a right twit. Absolutely entitled. An alcoholic chain smoker too.

Reactions: 15
I was reading about Margaret. She seemed like a right twit. Absolutely entitled. An alcoholic chain smoker too.
I thought this then read the book Lady in Waiting by Anne Glenconner and it gave a whole new perspective to her. She spoke about how her son eventually passed from AIDS but during his illness Margaret would regularly visit hospices for HIV and AIDS patients and took a lot of interest in it, but she did it without a film crew so Diana was seen as the trailblazer of the family.

I think she probably was still very entitled, but after reading that book I was disappointed in The Crowns portrayal of her as some crazy heartless mad woman.

Reactions: 18
I thought this then read the book Lady in Waiting by Anne Glenconner and it gave a whole new perspective to her. She spoke about how her son eventually passed from AIDS but during his illness Margaret would regularly visit hospices for HIV and AIDS patients and took a lot of interest in it, but she did it without a film crew so Diana was seen as the trailblazer of the family.

I think she probably was still very entitled, but after reading that book I was disappointed in The Crowns portrayal of her as some crazy heartless mad woman.
There was something about her I found endearing as well - she was fiercely loyal and I think disappointed in love.

As for her hauteur that would make me laugh my socks off, I have an aunt who is similar!

Reactions: 7

Interesting. I've never seen the crown so I wouldn't know about their portrayal of her. I guess it's difficult to know who the true person is from a couple of anecdotes. It was pretty crazy to read she would smoke between 50 to 60 cigarettes per day.

Reactions: 5
Interesting. I've never seen the crown so I wouldn't know about their portrayal of her. I guess it's difficult to know who the true person is from a couple of anecdotes. It was pretty crazy to read she would smoke between 50 to 60 cigarettes per day.
And starting on her gins at 11am apparently.

Reactions: 4
What an interesting lineup!

For a moment I thought this was real 😂
Though the actual line up is really tit too. Why on Earth is Diana Ross there? And Lin Manuel Miranda, he’s like herpes, he’s everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is this real or a joke line up for the Platinum party ? Or is it the line up for another street party? Feel like going back to 1996 and my childhood 😂

Reactions: 2
Is this real or a joke line up for the Platinum party ? Or is it the line up for another street party? Feel like going back to 1996 and my childhood 😂
15F207AA-CEA1-4269-94A8-65D1F43E6E2F.jpeg

This is the real line up. Quite a few American acts for something that is meant to celebrate the Commonwealth.

Reactions: 8
I think the black part of the dress looks great on her. I don't really like the neckline or the way it cuts across her arms. She's pure muscle with no body fat at all by the looks of it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.