The Radford family #4 Quick! Doctor sew up Sue, she can’t have tax credits for more than 22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People in your sector are heroes. The resilience and skill they show on a daily basis is astonishing, and that was before they were playing a key role in fighting this pandemic. They truly are selfless.
Thank you. We are all exhausted and frightened but still showing up each day to do the absolute best we can by the people who need us. I hope that if I'm ever in a position of vulnerability or need that I'm looked after by a team of people as fantastic as mine. I'm glad some people see the value in us and don't still view us as unskilled with crap jobs.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
As someone managing a team of utterly brilliant, dedicated, highly skilled (and quite honestly frightened) care workers during this covid crisis I cannot tell you how much this comment annoyed me.
I absolutely agree that care workers are incredible and hard working people, as proven by this current situation. Sorry if my comment came across as offensive towards that, it’s not how I intended it to be. I was meaning to show that she had 2 part time jobs that she left when she became pregnant. So she mustn’t have been earning too much, as people tend to need more money when they are expecting a baby but she’s gone down the opposite route. Unless her parents or the baby’s father are paying for everything then she’ll have to be doing some kind of work. Sorry again if my comment came across as rude to care workers, it wasn’t my intention at all.

Reactions: 2
Thank you. We are all exhausted and frightened but still showing up each day to do the absolute best we can by the people who need us. I hope that if I'm ever in a position of vulnerability or need that I'm looked after by a team of people as fantastic as mine. I'm glad some people see the value in us and don't still view us as unskilled with crap jobs.
The comment was made within the context of earnings. I'm sure you'll agree that carers are on an absolute pittance for the work that they do. It was not about undervaluing them in terms of their skills at all.

Reactions: 3
Thank you for everything you do. Do you work in a care home?

My Nan god bless her had carers and they became like extended family. We wouldn’t have managed without our carers. Thank you for doing an awesome job x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.