The Radford Family #10 now Ophelia has been born, Noel and Sue will be shagging till dawn!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not the brightest 😂
Nor are their minions, anyone pointing out that it's not 3 generations are being told it is because it's Sue with her daughter and granddaughter 🙈

Heidie is not Ophelia's mother! They are the same age, so they are the same generation. I can't deal with the stupidity!

Reactions: 7
Nor are their minions, anyone pointing out that it's not 3 generations are being told it is because it's Sue with her daughter and granddaughter 🙈

Heidie is not Ophelia's mother! They are the same age, so they are the same generation. I can't deal with the stupidity!
I’m not even going to go look. It’s like the blind leading the blind 🤦‍♀️😂

Reactions: 1
I had to double check but she is right.

Generation has two meanings - those born in same time period or those born with the same amount of steps from an ancestor.
The second definition makes zero sense. They are growing up the same age, in the same time. They will go to school together. The idea that they are different generations makes no sense. We talk about generations in terms of decades, such as '80s babies', 'kids of the 00s' etc.

I guess it just shows how fucked up their family dynamics are, as anyone who came up with that bizarre definition surely can't ever have imagined of aunties and uncles growing up the same age (or younger in some cases) than their nieces and nephews!

Myself and my nieces are different generations, sure. There's 30 years between us. Heidie and Ophelia?! Ridiculous!

Reactions: 3
There's a difference between social generation and familial/kinship generation. Social generation would be everyone born in a certain number of years. Kinship generation simply is about people born in certain steps. So it's correct that Nan, Daughter, and grandaughter are three generations because they are all three different steps.

Doesn't make Sue smart, though. I doubt she knew there was a difference. She probably just thinks it's so amazing that her child is the same age as her grandchild. Doesn't realize how stupid it all it.

Reactions: 23
So Daisy is a younger generation than Heidie by that 'steps from ancestors definition?! Man the Radfords family dynamics are fucked up! 🙈

There's a difference between social generation and familial/kinship generation. Social generation would be everyone born in a certain number of years. Kinship generation simply is about people born in certain steps. So it's correct that Nan, Daughter, and grandaughter are three generations because they are all three different steps.

Doesn't make Sue smart, though. I doubt she knew there was a difference. She probably just thinks it's so amazing that her child is the same age as her grandchild. Doesn't realize how stupid it all it.
Oh Sue won't have a clue. To get the true ancestral definition it really needs to be Millie in the picture. She's Ophelia's mother.

The photo op she went for was to show off matchy outfits. No more, no less. Otherwise she may as well have posted a random pic of her, Ophelia and Tillie (for example) and claimed it's 3 generations in one picture. Unless it's the baby's mother, it makes no sense.

Reactions: 6
So Daisy is a younger generation than Heidie by that 'steps from ancestors definition?! Man the Radfords family dynamics are fucked up! 🙈
Yes, so fucked! Any Radford child younger than Daisy is technically a 'step' above her in the familial generation model. If you're purposely having children after already having children then you have mental problems. In America our big families tend to be fundamentalist christians and it's very common for the generational dymanic duck up to happen. Some of the most well known fundamentalist families are like the Radfords, still having kids even though they have a handful of grandchildren.

Reactions: 5
Yes, so fucked! Any Radford child younger than Daisy is technically a 'step' above her in the familial generation model. If you're purposely having children after already having children then you have mental problems. In America our big families tend to be fundamentalist christians and it's very common for the generational dymanic duck up to happen. Some of the most well known fundamentalist families are like the Radfords, still having kids even though they have a handful of grandchildren.
Like the Bates and Duggars? I have been reading about the FLDS, the stories are horryfying.

Reactions: 4
Like the Bates and Duggars? I have been reading about the FLDS, the stories are horryfying.
if anyone wants to read up on these families Reddit is a good source - DuggarsSnark and fundiesnark are both great.

They make the Radfords look normal, and I do not say that lightly

Reactions: 10
I still can't get my head around the names, to be perfectly honest!
Millie, Ellie and Tillie - what the?
Luke James and James Edward?
Alfie and Archie?
Phoebe and Ophelia?
Jack and Jacob?
Daisy and Maisie?
Hallie and Heidie?
I still can't get over Bonnie and Heidie to be honest. Bonnie is one of those names that just doesn't float my boat and Heidie is just awful. Who names their kid something with the word 'die' in it? It's like they want the kids to be picked on.
I dont get what you mean 🤷‍♀️ their names are ordinary nice names!

Reactions: 5
if anyone wants to read up on these families Reddit is a good source - DuggarsSnark and fundiesnark are both great.

They make the Radfords look normal, and I do not say that lightly
They really are messed up with the life principles stuff and taming of the child.
I find fundie stuff fascinating as I do most religious stuff and cults, just trying to understand how people get caught up and believe the crap

Reactions: 8
Anyone got a link to the comments? I can’t find them
I dont get what you mean 🤷‍♀️ their names are ordinary nice names!
She means they are very similar, and some rhyme i think x

I still can't get my head around the names, to be perfectly honest!
Millie, Ellie and Tillie - what the?
Luke James and James Edward?
Alfie and Archie?
Phoebe and Ophelia?
Jack and Jacob?
Daisy and Maisie?
Hallie and Heidie?
I still can't get over Bonnie and Heidie to be honest. Bonnie is one of those names that just doesn't float my boat and Heidie is just awful. Who names their kid something with the word 'die' in it? It's like they want the kids to be picked on.
I agree, no sense of imagination (No offence to anyone with kids with this name x). Kind of seems like they she just typed on Google “Baby names” and chosen the first one 😂 Ofeliaaaa definitely has got more of her dad’s looks, glad she doesn’t look like sue. The kids scare me, they all have the same eyes, mini Sue’s everywhere 😂

Last edited:
They really are messed up with the life principles stuff and taming of the child.
I find fundie stuff fascinating as I do most religious stuff and cults, just trying to understand how people get caught up and believe the crap

Same here! The Duggar parents were normal teenagers before they got caught up in it all and went onto have way too many children.
blanket training is disgusting!

it’s also interesting to me that the Duggar’s have a deep religious reason behind having so many kids (it’s weird as hell, but it’s what they believe), while the Radfords don’t have anything like that spurring it on from what I can see?

Frankly, it's also nice to hear people talk about the ugly parts of giving birth. I've known a lot of women who had no idea that things like tears could happen because all the women around them thought it was too "unladylike" to talk about their underneaths.
Oh definitely and especially amongst the ‘omg shut up!’ section of mums (regardless of age; the worst I knew was a hypnobirther who shut down any talk of ‘bad births’) - I’m such a cynic though, now if Millie does speak out about birth injuries I’d immediately be thinking it was for a paid ad rather than raising awareness.

Reactions: 2
it does seem to shock me how sue can get pregnant so easily, she must start just after she’s giving birth. May just be me but i remeber with my last, it took me 6-7 months to fall pregnant.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Why leave it till your 5th (?) grandchild though to make that statement? She’s got older grandchildren also similar in age to some of her kids - she could have used that photo opportunity before now.

Reactions: 9
it does seem to shock me how sue can get pregnant so easily, she must start just after she’s giving birth. May just be me but i remeber with my last, it took me 6-7 months to fall pregnant.
she dont always fall easily, i remember the tests one after the other

Sues Mum, Sue, Millie and I feel ya would make a cute pic.

Your welcome for the content granny!

I know, same here with my second it took a year. Someone said it earlier up the thread but there is no regard for Sues health. They can say oh she copes fine etc but internally she must be shot to pieces and each time risks of having a severe bleed. Mentally she must internalise it aswell.

Reactions: 3
I know, same here with my second it took a year. Someone said it earlier up the thread but there is no regard for Sues health. They can say oh she copes fine etc but internally she must be shot to pieces and each time risks of having a severe bleed. Mentally she must internalise it aswell.
She’s had an issue with bleeding at least twice after birth in the time I knew her.

as she’s got older it’s taken longer to fall. Honestly she would post constant tests, she had quite a few chemicals.

Reactions: 1
Surprisingly the Bates and Duggars don't have as much generational overlap as one would expect. There is one family, the Rodrigues family, who are currently actively trying to have both mom and eldest (newly married) daughter pregnant at the same time. Some other families, like the Caldwells, will have many years of overlap due to the very young ages of marriage for the women. It's sickening. The Quiverful movement is horrific and unfortunately it was given a quaint and cute image boost with the Duggar and Bates tv shows.

As another said, fundiesnark on reddit is a great resource. That's where I usually hang out for my big family interest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.