The queens gambit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Just finished it all. Need a season 2. The times she treated people badly were more to do with grief. Loved her friendship with Jolene. I think this could be a real winner with netflix. I now have an interest in chess :ROFLMAO: I would like a few more seasons. Need to find out about her father and so much more.

Reactions: 2
I watched the whole thing through but struggled to understand why everyone loved it so much. I felt the same I do while watching the Titanic - like something really bad is going to happen. She was just a car crash and I couldn’t warm to her at all. I usually have to be rooting for a character to enjoy a show and the way she left Mr Shaibel, only ever asking him for the $5 she needed to enter the contest, never paying him back, never writing or visiting him just broke my heart.

Reactions: 5

Just finished it all. Need a season 2. The times she treated people badly were more to do with grief. Loved her friendship with Jolene. I think this could be a real winner with netflix. I now have an interest in chess :ROFLMAO: I would like a few more seasons. Need to find out about her father and so much more.
Couldn’t disagree more, it was perfect as a limited series I think if they made more episodes it would ruin it!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I loved it, it was aesthetically beautiful but also a good storyline. I also like Ana Taylor-Joy, I first noticed her in 'Split'.

I really enjoyed it. I actually looked forward to watching it which is unusual with me at the minute as everything seems blaaah (but I think that is more to do with the way I am feeling more than anything). I really love a character who says what she thinks (again, more to do with me not being able to).

Fab show. I don't want them to make more as it'll ruin it.

I don’t see what a second series could bring, it’s all been covered in series 1.

Definitely no more series please! I hate when shows create a second (third, fourth...) run just for the sake of it. Ruins it for me.

Overated garbage. I watched the whole series to see what the fuss was about and couldn't see it. An whole series based around someone being good at a board game and the lead character I couldn't feel sorry for even though she had demons.