The Points Guy UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That James Asquith is another annoying tone deaf freeloader too. Don’t know if he’s anything to do with Points Guy but he is cringy.
Can’t stand the guy and can’t decide who is worse him or he’s freeloading girlfriend. Pair of morons.

Reactions: 1
Can’t stand the guy and can’t decide who is worse him or he’s freeloading girlfriend. Pair of morons.
I’m baffled about what James Asquith actually does. He seems hellbent on convincing his audience he does ‘work’ by using every opportunity to say how many meetings he has each day, while lounging about in an infinity pool or from a first class lounge.

Noel Phillips Was near to Tears during some of his Videos during Covid Travel Restrictions, No Meal service available only snack Box's. The poor poor man ,How dare the Deadliest virus for years stop ME having a Hot Meal in Business or First Class, And why do they insist on putting News stories on the Seat back entertainment system with people in hospital!! I can't have my Silver service Salmon dish . Also he does have one of the most Punchable faces I've ever seen.
oh so want to smack that guy!!!

Reactions: 2
My son likes his luxury when flying, he always seems to get good deals on business class etc but he can't stand Noel Phillips, on the air travel forums he is known for being a prize tit and for breaking covid rules - he was called out on this numerous times. My son refuses to have anything to do with him, even his name makes him cross.

And what's with his wife? Does she ever crack her face?

Noel Philips seems to be doing ok as a full time covid rule breaker because on his channel last week he flew his entire family, including in-laws, to Atlanta in Virgin Upper Class. The whole lot of them were wearing Noel Philips branded sweat tops with his face on like he’s some sort of celebrity.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Noel Philips seems to be doing ok as a full time covid rule breaker because on his channel last week he flew his entire family, including in-laws, to Atlanta in Virgin Upper Class. The whole lot of them were wearing Noel Philips branded sweat tops with his face on like he’s some sort of celebrity.
Well here's such a handsome chap, how could you resist? He's another one with a patreon, I believe they do get content for that, but I wouldn't give him a brass farthing

I find Nicky a bit smug.

Though someone who I used to like but have grown to dislike is Nonstop Dan. He's increasingly entitled and up himself.

Reactions: 3
I find Nicky a bit smug.

Though someone who I used to like but have grown to dislike is Nonstop Dan. He's increasingly entitled and up himself.
The Oskar and Dan channel where he and his bf are trying to visit every country in the world is better than Dan’s solo vids. I do wish they’d stop going on about being vegan though. I’m delighted that they’re vegan, I just don’t need to hear about it every thirty seconds. Also ethical opinions from people pumping Co2 into the atmosphere from endless unnecessary air travel is hard to swallow.

What is it with these points/luxury travel bloggers/influencers. Why are they always so so smug, entitled, superior and patronising

I get it's generally luxury products but still, can't you be a bit more humble, gracious . I don't fly business class with a massive smug look on my face. And most people I know who fly premium cabins just act normal.

I've tried to follow comedanwithme who has occasionally worked for the points guy but much as I want to like him he still has an air of superiority

Trek Trendy is very likeable. He likes his luxury but he’s not a cock about it. Also the Vicarious Voyager’s vids are super high quality and he is very funny in a dry/sarcastic way. He doesn’t upload very often these days, he has a proper job.

Latest is comparing all the classes on Virgin.
Icky gets Upper Class again. Quelle surprise! That sour faced witch Joan (as Icky calls him) got economy Lol.

The Oskar and Dan channel where he and his bf are trying to visit every country in the world is better than Dan’s solo vids. I do wish they’d stop going on about being vegan though. I’m delighted that they’re vegan, I just don’t need to hear about it every thirty seconds. Also ethical opinions from people pumping Co2 into the atmosphere from endless unnecessary air travel is hard to swallow.
Sorry this is a massively delayed reply! When you posted that, I'd have agreed with you, but I unsubscribed from Oskar and Dan a couple of months back. The smugness was spilling over into their channel too. I'd like to have heard more from Oskar but he seems quite shy, so Dan dominates it all. There's something annoying about him. 😂

Latest is comparing all the classes on Virgin.
Icky gets Upper Class again. Quelle surprise! That sour faced witch Joan (as Icky calls him) got economy Lol.
That must be an old video since Jean hasn't been at TPG for a while. Latest sidekick appears to be the young guy Liam.

Sorry this is a massively delayed reply! When you posted that, I'd have agreed with you, but I unsubscribed from Oskar and Dan a couple of months back. The smugness was spilling over into their channel too. I'd like to have heard more from Oskar but he seems quite shy, so Dan dominates it all. There's something annoying about him. 😂
I'm shocked as an openly gay couple that they have no qualms at all about going to less accepting countries. I wouldn't set foot in some of them. Dan is OK in small doses but I can see why he'd annoy many.

I'm shocked as an openly gay couple that they have no qualms at all about going to less accepting countries. I wouldn't set foot in some of them. Dan is OK in small doses but I can see why he'd annoy many.
Yeah to be honest that surprised me, too. I did ask a question along the lines of if they were ever worried going to certain countries as a gay couple and they replied. They said they basically have to pretend to be friends or brothers in certain countries, eg twin beds and no sign of affection in public, etc.

I'm not saying I want to be all over a partner when I'm on holiday, but I wouldn't want to pretend we were friends or brothers. Plus I'd just be on edge the whole time and I wouldn't particularly want to spend my tourist money in homophobic countries.

I'm not shaming anyone else for doing it -- to each their own -- but it's not my idea of a fun holiday.

I noticed Jean pop up in comedanwithmes stories. Both used to work for tpg and wonder if there is a story there, or they just left

So much smugness though.

I do like trektrendy but even he has his moments. And the Nasa obsession without ever seeming to explain it just screams 'I need a gimmick'

I liked that mum who wrote about families (Katherine?) but she seems to be gone now to. The diversity issue at Points GUY U.K. is astounding for 2022.

I liked that mum who wrote about families (Katherine?) but she seems to be gone now to. The diversity issue at Points GUY U.K. is astounding for 2022.
Thank you! Have ended up not watching anymore because it bugs me. Just these bros flying around and trying to look pretty. Nicky and the endless selfies etc. Try those trips as a single female or a family and see how you're treated! Guaranteed not the same experience as a pretty boy type very obviously on a press junket. Head for Points fairer, imo. Often male too but thankfully barely know what they look like and think only not as many from Sinead etc because she's travelling less now with the baby. Turning Left for Less has Michelle travelling and she was treated horribly on one Aer Lingus flight, I remember...when I'm sure they would have been all over TPG. That's not even to start on them all being so white!