Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Calabria

VIP Member
I love the AHA/BHA product that looks like strawberry jam. My skin feels amazing after every use!

Reactions: 2

toffeejelly

I love The Ordinary as well. I have blemish/oily prone skin and I use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% every morning and night and notice such a difference. I've also got the peel as well, which is really good! You won't be dissapointed :)

hrh89

VIP Member
It depends what your skin type is and what you’re looking to improve? I’ve tried lots of their products and haven’t found them all to be that successful but there are a few I like. I do like their aha/bha peel and their glycolic acid too. I have the Pixi glow tonic but it’s far too perfumed. The ordinary one isn’t fragranced. I quite like the lactic acid too. I don’t use their products everyday anymore though I found my skin is better the less I use.

the key with their products is not to go overboard. Because there are so many and so affordable it can be tempting to try everything.

I actually have an unopened Niacinamide & zinc if you want it? Its just sitting on my shelf. Didn’t get on very well with my skin I don’t think it likes Niacinamide but I know a lot of people like this product.

Last edited:

Yellowfairy

If you message the ordinary and tell them what issues you have with your skin they will recommend you products for these issues. I suggest starting low and slow with the ordinary products. I would start by using one product for a couple of weeks to see how your skin reacts to it and then introduce another product. I also suggest slowly increasing the amount of times you use a product weekly and starting with the lowest strength of a product and gradually increasing the strength so your skin gets used to it. When using acids you also need to use a spf daily as any acids applied to the skin can make the skin more sensitive to the sun so using a spf will help protect it from the potential damage the sun can cause.

Reactions: 1

Cantstandspanj

Chatty Member
I’ve recently started using the buffet serum and I can already see a visible difference in my skin. I can thoroughly recommend.

elloelloello

VIP Member
Bit late to the party but I also love their products!
I have combination skin but with some scarring on my cheeks from teenage acne. I always use the nip and fab glycolic cleanser and toner, but I love the ordinary niacinamide? Every morning and night, aswell as the AHA/BHA skin peel once a week and I’ve noticed a huge difference in the scarring. I also have the caffeine eye solution and whilst it doesn’t really help darkness too much it really tightens them up and really good primer for your eyes before concealer!
I have the vitamin c exfoliate and I’ve only tried it once because it made my face quite yellow 😂 i probably over did it though so I must try that again.
Liked the squalane cleanser but prefer the nip and fab glycolic for my skin personally!

Blunderous

Their website has really good advice on this:

That tells you when & how often to use each product, and there are some example regimens for different skin concerns.

I really like their products, one of the few ranges I've used that results in a noticeable improvement in my skin - despite being so cheap!

hrh89

VIP Member
I use the squalane (think that’s how you spell it?!) cleanser at night and follow up with the miceller toner after. For day to day I use the hylaluronic acid followed by their moisturer and I swear by it! All their products are quite affordable - I got mine from ASOS and I also have normal skin and it works a treat!
I absolutely hated the Squalene cleanser I was gutted as I thought it would be nice! Glad it works for you though.

Branched

I haven’t tried this myself, but I think you can also email them, tell them any concerns you have and they’ll reply back with a suggested routine.
I also like their range, plus there’s the benefit of it all being cheap so even if it doesn’t work for your skin specifically, it’s not such a huge loss. I‘ve recommended their products to a few people before :)

Whisper

I absolutely hated the Squalene cleanser I was gutted as I thought it would be nice! Glad it works for you though.
Oh no why didn’t it work for you? Tbh I find the concept pretty weird that an oil would clean my face but it seems to do the trick... although the other day I warmed it up too much so my face was bright red 😂

Whisper

I use the squalane (think that’s how you spell it?!) cleanser at night and follow up with the miceller toner after. For day to day I use the hylaluronic acid followed by their moisturer and I swear by it! All their products are quite affordable - I got mine from ASOS and I also have normal skin and it works a treat!

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me with understanding how best to use these/layer them and of they are any good?

I thought now in isolation would be a good time to try and reboot my skin since I’m not wearing any make up.

I have normal/combination skin so don’t need anything too extreme but they whole range completely confuses me!!!!

help!!!

hrh89

VIP Member
Forgot how good their glycolic acid is! My skins been awful lately, red and some breakouts. Decided to use this last night and today my skin is smoother, brighter and the blemishes have faded and are so much better already. Can’t recommend enough.

Sarah honeysuckle

Chatty Member
Oh thanks guys! I’ve been using nip and fab for a while and been using their acid wipes and scrub so I’m not completely new to it just don’t know where to start.

shortie500

I really love the ordinary skincare, I have really dry skin and it's the only thing that's ever made me love my skin. It seems it works for all skin types though. The organised_motherhood_ did a blog on it which I found really helpful.
I use all these products except the caffeine eye solution. And I use a different retinol as I can never get that retanoid in the blog its always sold out. https://organisedmotherhood.co.uk/the-ordinary-skincare/
I use Liz Earle face wash to take off my make up, then the glycolic acid like a toner, then the niacinamide like a serum.
Then I alternate between the retinol, hyaluronic acid and rose hip oil throughout the week finishing with their basic moisturiser.
Hope that helps a little x

Mizzdee

I absolutely love The Ordinary products, especially the 9 minute peel that is a red liquid that looks like blood when you put it on your face, and also Buffet serum. The only skincare I've used that makes my skin look visibly nicer. I have very oily skin with uneven texture but when I'm on top of my skincare routine with these products the difference is unreal