The Office - US version

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve done a search and can’t find one. Watching for the second time and many more watches to go I’m sure. I always thought I didn’t like it so kept putting it off and now am obsessed!

My opinions:

Dwight is by far the best character, favourites for me are: s7e1 in the dance routine where he gets a knife out and holds It to Andy’s throat 😂
Kicking Isobel going down the aisle at pam and Jim’s wedding
Of course the fire drill

I always felt sorry for Roy (even though he was a clueless silly man 😂), and happy he got a happy ending

Phyllis is a complete witch but I love it 😂

There is not one character I really can’t stand, Erin can be annoying as can the nard dog! Idris Elba’s accent is also awful as it is in every other American show and film he’s been in

None of my friends watch it or have any intention of watching it, so I have no one that gets my references 😭 please tell me there’s others that love it as much as me!

Also oops appreciation got auto corrected my bad!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Every scene with meredith made me howl. Especially when she comes to work in the tiny dress and Toby tells her to pull it down and her boobs come out and so she pulls it too far up. I only watched it all on full before Xmas!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was recommended to watch this by my mum and dad as I have pretty much grown up with it during my teenage years as they used to watch it when it was on live.

It's by far my absolute favourite TV series ever! Just absolutely love the storylines, characters and humour. Pam saying goodbye to Michael at the airport will always make me sob.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When Michael returns for Dwight’s wedding.

“Michael, I’m so glad you came“
“That’s what she said”

The happiest and saddest moment of the series. Cried my eyes out!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
This is my favourite TV series. The acting is brilliant and I've recommended it to everyone!
So many moments make me laugh but also cry. And now it's on Netflix! 👏 🎉

Reactions: 7
i love michael, he’s awful in some scenes but he always has good intentions! i love oscar, angela, stanley, darryl and kelly too!

andy is by far the worst character!

the dinner party episode is one of my fav episodes ever in tv

Reactions: 12
Ahh I love this and I love the Office have watched it loads, Michael when he had the dinner party and was showing his plasma 😂, When he burns his foot on George Forman omg I could go on forever, and poor Toby, was if he and bin laden were in same room he would use both bullets on Toby 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Forever trying to convince people to watch this and that it’s better than the UK version!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've seen it dozens and dozens of times. It never gets old!

Also if you haven't already, check out Office Ladies podcast, it's amazing!

When Michael returns for Dwight’s wedding.

“Michael, I’m so glad you came“
“That’s what she said”

The happiest and saddest moment of the series. Cried my eyes out!
I bawled my eyes out at this 😭❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My favourite episode is the first aid training course after nobody listened to Dwight’s fire safety awareness talk I cry with laughter every time I watch that episode 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Saddest scene for me is when Jim realises that Michael is leaving a day earlier and tells him to save the goodbyes for tomorrow at “lunch”. John and Steve tearing up always has me bawling!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've seen it dozens and dozens of times. It never gets old!

Also if you haven't already, check out Office Ladies podcast, it's amazing!
How did I not know this existed! Going to listen on my walks so excited!

Ahh I love this and I love the Office have watched it loads, Michael when he had the dinner party and was showing his plasma 😂, When he burns his foot on George Forman omg I could go on forever, and poor Toby, was if he and bin laden were in same room he would use both bullets on Toby 🤣🤣
YES his hatred for Toby is amazing and Toby still gives him another chance everytime 😂 love it in a later series when he grills steak (think it was Bob vances batchelor), and Ryan is like is that the one you burned your foot on 🧐 aha

Also so much appreciation for creed and Kevin with his chilli

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve just started re-watching this (and bingeing!).
Have just watched the George foreman foot grilling episode where Dwight has the concussion 😂😂😂

But by god Jim would get it!!

Reactions: 10
I’ve done a search and can’t find one. Watching for the second time and many more watches to go I’m sure. I always thought I didn’t like it so kept putting it off and now am obsessed!

My opinions:

Dwight is by far the best character, favourites for me are: s7e1 in the dance routine where he gets a knife out and holds It to Andy’s throat 😂
Kicking Isobel going down the aisle at pam and Jim’s wedding
Of course the fire drill

I always felt sorry for Roy (even though he was a clueless silly man 😂), and happy he got a happy ending

Phyllis is a complete witch but I love it 😂

There is not one character I really can’t stand, Erin can be annoying as can the nard dog! Idris Elba’s accent is also awful as it is in every other American show and film he’s been in

None of my friends watch it or have any intention of watching it, so I have no one that gets my references 😭 please tell me there’s others that love it as much as me!

Also oops appreciation got auto corrected my bad!
Omg I was so close to making this thread earlier. I kept putting off watching it because I didn't like the thought of the Americans butchering an already perfect show but it's SO funny. It's my second time watching too but I didn't get past the end of season 7 last time because I was scared to watch it without Michael. He IS the show so idk how its going to work but I'm going to stick it out this time (just started season 7 this evening, it's such a binge-able show). Is it bad that I'm absolutely in love with Michael?? I don't think that was the intention of the character at all but I just adore him 😂 I love Angela too.

I’ve just started re-watching this (and bingeing!).
Have just watched the George foreman foot grilling episode where Dwight has the concussion 😂😂😂

But by god Jim would get it!!
Oh my god Michael reluctantly leaving his crutches at the door so he can go into the scan room with Dwight and then trying to stick his foot into the machine is so funny😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How did I not know this existed! Going to listen on my walks so excited!

YES his hatred for Toby is amazing and Toby still gives him another chance everytime 😂 love it in a later series when he grills steak (think it was Bob vances batchelor), and Ryan is like is that the one you burned your foot on 🧐 aha

Also so much appreciation for creed and Kevin with his chilli
Yes Creed I love him 😂😂 so many funny moments with him! Can people remember the episodes where Michael gets them to be different races with a post it note on head and 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Finally got to watch the whole series. It's so good! I'm now listening to the office ladies podcast, which gives a lot of insights.

Reactions: 1
Love this show (series 2 to 4 in particular). It's been ages since I've watched it, so now it's on Netflix going to start it again. Always laugh at the scenes where Michael acts like Miranda Priestly and when he accidentally drives into the lake with Dwight.

Gabe was probably my least favourite character.

• Haha
We’re rewatching it again at the moment! Currently at the end of series 3. Not so keen on the last couple of seasons but love the rest.

Some of my favourite moments -

Stanley to Ryan “boy have you lost your mind cause I’ll help you find it”
“If I had a gun with 2 bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby.. I would shoot Toby twice”
The fire drill “SAVE BANDIT!”
When Dwight catches the bat with a bag over Meredith’s head
Jim not telling anyone about Dwight and Angela as his thank you for stopping Roy’s attack
Creed eating a potato
“I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY”
Prison Mike
Michael driving in to the lake
Dwights wedding
Michael and Holly ❤

and of course, The Dinner Party

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9