the nurse mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Heart is breaking for her at the moment and she clearly deserves carers, 100%.

Thoughts on another go fund me being set up for her though?

After raising over 10k for jaxons chair which they've had through funding, the money hasn't been spent there, she hasn't really been open about what she plans on doing with it either šŸ¤

Is she setting them up or are others doing it for her? I clicked on one earlier but didnā€™t seem to be ā€œownedā€ by her if you get my drift.
I am local to her and handed her contact over to someone on the council who I hope can help. Feel very sorry for her.

Reactions: 3

After raising over 10k for jaxons chair which they've had through funding, the money hasn't been spent there, she hasn't really been open about what she plans on doing with it either šŸ¤
A few days ago she said that as the chair is now being funded she's using the money to fund the feeding school virtually as they wouldn't take him for residential.

She set up the original one, then yesterday Rosie Ramsey and Susie Verrill set one up, as did someone else. I think it's nice people have donated but it doesn't change what she is trying to address - the gap between health care and social care. That money won't last 5 minutes funding the carers then she'll be back to square one.

Reactions: 9

This is directly from Kayteeā€™s gofundme page If we do hit the target and there is money left over this will be spent on other needs for Jaxon. This may go towards future equipment, services or activities that improve his quality of life. She then said on her Instagram that itā€™s going towards something to help with his feeding (yet another thing that she canā€™t get funding for. It heartbreaking how much sheā€™s being let down). I donated to the original page, and thatā€™s more than ā€˜openā€™ enough for me.

The new gofundme pages have been set up by other people, not Kaytee. She is being encouraged to take her case for a judicial review. That will cost thousands. Those new pages could well be the thing that allows her to do that.

Reactions: 10
So heartbreaking. Even if she bought a food shop, paid a bill etc anything that takes some of the pressure off than Iā€™m more than happy.

Reactions: 29
So heartbreaking. Even if she bought a food shop, paid a bill etc anything that takes some of the pressure off than Iā€™m more than happy.
Absolutely agree with this too! I canā€™t even begin to imagine what she is going through

Reactions: 7
I think her situation is awful and I hope it gets resolved

But I keep reading the comments of other parents in the same situation and none of them will get this help the only reason she is, is because of her following and big accounts shouting out. I just wish it could happen for others too.

Reactions: 14

Sheā€™s been crystal clear about what she intends to use it for, it was on her stories though so people might not have seen. Itā€™s for a feeding school, although with everything they have going on she may not be able to do that soon.

My heart breaks for her, and Jaxon.

Itā€™s lovely people want to help but this money isnā€™t really going to ensure she can sleep and have a good mental health and quality of life. Itā€™s outrageous someone without experience or knowledge of her son can just claim they donā€™t need carers!

Reactions: 6
I think her situation is awful and I hope it gets resolved

But I keep reading the comments of other parents in the same situation and none of them will get this help the only reason she is, is because of her following and big accounts shouting out. I just wish it could happen for others too.
By her shouting about it, itā€™s raising awareness and hopefully others will know that they too can fight and appeal decisions and take strength from knowing they are not alone, in what I can only imagine to be an incredibly lonely situation.

Reactions: 8
I absolutely feel for her and all other parents/care givers in the same situation.

It makes me feel a but uneasy the bigger accounts throwing some money at the cause and fundraising but I don't know why!? (Anything to help is a good thing but I'm still sat here thinking about why I feel in two minds).

It will be used and it will help them but i think I'm worried it will put people off the engagement and motivation for her ongoing need to change the support system, a few thousand pounds will not change her world for the long term.

Heartbreaking for all involved.

Reactions: 3
Itā€™s an awful situation. Does anyone know where Jaxonā€™s dad is and if he helps in any way?
Being a single mum is hard enough, let alone single parent with a child that needs 24/7 help. Itā€™s heartbreaking whatā€™s happening to her

Reactions: 1
Itā€™s an awful situation. Does anyone know where Jaxonā€™s dad is and if he helps in any way?
Being a single mum is hard enough, let alone single parent with a child that needs 24/7 help. Itā€™s heartbreaking whatā€™s happening to her

It's a shame she doesn't appear to have any help from anyone around her, I know the dad is a bit useless and doesn't live local, it's probably been really difficult for her to maintain relationships with friends etc I find it shocking not one friend or family member has stepped in to help take the load off. She must feel really let down by everyone šŸ‘Ž

Reactions: 6
so his dad is on the scene why isn't he being forced to help or mentioned he's clearly trained to care for him.. and tge message about going away is real how can she afford to go away and leave her boy behind

• Angry
Reactions: 5
How do you suggest he be forced? There is no way to make an absent or disinterested parent step up! As for her going away, how dare she want a break and some happiness! How dare someone treat her to a little time away! How dare she utilise services such as respite to relax and recover mentally!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.