The Nest (bbc)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else see the first episode? Actually really enjoyed it and think it has potential to be really good!
Weird hearing Martin Compstons natural Scottish accent, so used to him as DS Arnott 😂
Looking forward to the next episode.

Reactions: 12
Yes I watched - it was ok, potential to be good. The wife irritates me though (was she in Downton Abbey? Can’t place her) and I just cannot get my head around MC not being DS Arnott! 😂

Reactions: 5
Yes I watched - it was ok, potential to be good. The wife irritates me though (was she in Downton Abbey? Can’t place her) and I just cannot get my head around MC not being DS Arnott! 😂
Sophie Rundle plays the wife! I actually like her as an actress. I know her mainly from Peaky Blinders 👍

Reactions: 2
I’ve recorded the first episode, going to watch it once I’ve finished Deadwater Fell.
Love Martin Compston so looking forward to it. Got to get my fix as Line of Duty has been delayed ☹

Yes, Sophie Rundle played the lover of Gentleman Jack, such a fantastic series. 😊

Reactions: 1
A wee while ago the street my work is on was closed for filming, and Martin Compton was one of the actors. I wonder if it was for this? Might watch it just to see if you can see my colleagues having a nosy out the window!

i watched about ten minutes but couldnt get into it, i might give it another go see if it picks up. Martin Compston was in a drama before Christmas "Traces" and i think that was his Scottish accent

I enjoyed it hope its not got a weak ending though.
Don't get your hopes up. The pattern I've observed with these BBC dramas is intriguing premise > progressively more ludicrous plot twists with each episode >the weak ending you mentioned

Just watched the first episode. I know it's a fictional TV programme but FFS. Why doesn't the wife query how the girl knows where she works and why isn't she more freaked out by the girl just turning up there, why do they even entertain the idea of her being their surrogate?! The girl is so dodgy, wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her!
The house is beaut though 😍

Reactions: 11
Just watched the first episode. I know it's a fictional TV programme but FFS. Why doesn't the wife query how the girl knows where she works and why isn't she more freaked out by the girl just turning up there, why do they even entertain the idea of her being their surrogate?! The girl is so dodgy, wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her!
The house is beaut though 😍
I guess you could say the wife is so desperate to have a child she's not seeing rationally but I agree the premise still requires a huge amount of suspension of disbelief. But I'm intrigued enough to see where it goes to keep watching for now.

Reactions: 3
Good episode tonight! Knew Kaya was dodgy! She really annoys me for some reason. Serves the couple right for not even doing a basic check on her first. Curious to know what will happen next.

Good episode tonight! Knew Kaya was dodgy! She really annoys me for some reason. Serves the couple right for not even doing a basic check on her first. Curious to know what will happen next.
I’m guessing the husband will try or at least plan to drug her and take her to some dodgy illegal abortion either set up or actually carried out by his sister. Maybe the nephew will find out and try to prevent it while not knowing about her past.

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Really enjoying it, I’m not sure how this is going to go but I’d imagine not smoothly 🤣
It took me the whole of the first episode to work out where I recognised Emily from. She was Richard Maddens ex in The Bodyguard too.
I think Kayas social worker is so creepy, definitely a wrong un.

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Really enjoying it, I’m not sure how this is going to go but I’d imagine not smoothly 🤣
It took me the whole of the first episode to work out where I recognised Emily from. She was Richard Maddens ex in The Bodyguard too.
I think Kayas social worker is so creepy, definitely a wrong un.
Ooh that’s where she’s from! I loved The Bodyguard.
I’m interested to see what happens next, glad Martin Compston has got dodgy Kaya sussed.