The Morning Show - Apple TV

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to watch it, am pretty curious what it will be like. Of course I want it to be good...

What’s the deal with Apple TV though ? Can anyone sign up like Netflix? Do they offer a free trial period?

Yel

I think you get apple tv+ for "free" if you buy a new top end device of theirs.

Not available on Android or pc, but all the good content will be on torrent sites and similar. With this and Disney + pirating will probably take off again.

Reactions: 1
Ah ok thanks, definitely going to be streaming or torrenting at some point then as the chance of me getting an Apple TV is basically none.
If you watch it soon do come back and let me know how you find it, be interested to know the opinions of ‘regular’ people as opposed to critics (though I’m interested in those too).

We watched the first three episodes yesterday. It’s brilliant, even my husband enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next episode!

Reactions: 2
Oh I’ve just looked for this on my phone, the last update of doom must have downloaded that Apple TV app.

We watched the first three episodes yesterday. It’s brilliant, even my husband enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next episode!
I didn’t realise until now it was free 😂

Oh could I watch it on my iPhone if I download that app? Sorry I’m so useless about this stuff

Ah so it is ! Funny how you never notice the apps you don’t use. Seems like I get one episode free too. Thanks so much
same 🤣 I didn’t even look until I saw this thread 😆
First 3 are up and all free! 🙂

The reviews weren’t glowing so I wasn’t expecting much. However I’d say it’s perfectly watchable. Two episodes in, I’m not hooked but enjoying it.

My biggest issue atm is that I’m struggling to find sympathy for Jennifer anniston’s character. She’s rich, spoilt, ambitious and a control freak which should work but it’s just not happening in a compelling way.

I find it interesting that new media is making a tv show about the old media... what is Apple playing at?

Binge watched it the last few days, while it was good (6.5/10 for me) it was pretty predictable how it would all play out. No twists, nothing unexpected and it didn't really have a clear message or purpose.

This is reported to be the most expensive TV show - costing the same per episode as the last few game of thrones episodes - 15m an episode - 300m for the 20 total episodes. All that money and it should have been way way better. They could have commissioned 10 shows for the same price and at least half would be better.

Shows about TV shows are often great (episodes, drop the dead donkey,30 rock etc) when they are smart and well written.

I don't think Jen Aniston is a good actress at all, although props to her with the scene about going through a divorce and the pr person going through what people will think, that must have been a bit awkward.

I didn't watch it on apple+ ☠ and can't see many people continuing to pay waiting for the next season. Maybe S2 will just be canned. Apple really wants to be a media creator now their hardware sales have slowed right down but it's competitive out there.

• Wow
Binge watched it the last few days, while it was good (6.5/10 for me) it was pretty predictable how it would all play out. No twists, nothing unexpected and it didn't really have a clear message or purpose.

This is reported to be the most expensive TV show - costing the same per episode as the last few game of thrones episodes - 15m an episode - 300m for the 20 total episodes. All that money and it should have been way way better. They could have commissioned 10 shows for the same price and at least half would be better.

Shows about TV shows are often great (episodes, drop the dead donkey,30 rock etc) when they are smart and well written.

I don't think Jen Aniston is a good actress at all, although props to her with the scene about going through a divorce and the pr person going through what people will think, that must have been a bit awkward.

I didn't watch it on apple+ ☠ and can't see many people continuing to pay waiting for the next season. Maybe S2 will just be canned. Apple really wants to be a media creator now their hardware sales have slowed right down but it's competitive out there.
15 mil an episode?! I’m guessing a lot of that is paying the main stars?

15 mil an episode?! I’m guessing a lot of that is paying the main stars?
1.5m each to the two main stars per episode apparently.

They had lots of huge on location set ups, you can see how they would blow alot of money if they wanted to. Was produced like a movie rather than a TV show, standard corners weren't cut like most TV shows would do.

I really don't get what all the fuss was about 🤷‍♀️.

Jennifer Aniston is probably a completely nice person in real life, but she just seems to play herself in every role. Reese's Southern gal shtick was grating ... it was as if she was playing her Sweet Home Alabama role. (And yes, I know she's from the South).

Has anyone seen this? Or currently watching? Just started it at the weekend snd a few episodes in and really enjoying it!! Jennifer Anniston looks amazing as does Steve Carrell. Great acting and engaging story. Really loving Apple TV as Defending Jacob was superb too.

I loved it but the critics didn’t really seem to 🤷🏻‍♀️ however I thought the season was really well wrapped up I’m not sure what a season two could offer.

I loved it but the critics didn’t really seem to 🤷🏻‍♀️ however I thought the season was really well wrapped up I’m not sure what a season two could offer.
Oh did they not? Mnnn already think she is a one season show so surprised a second season has been green lit.