Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lollypad

VIP Member
Anyone watching season 2 of this? Just binged season 2 and w
I think the corona angle is actually quite cool to watch in hindsight.

Reactions: 2

ouroboros

VIP Member
Watching season 2 now and it's making me so stressed when they keep dismissing the reporter for bringing up coronavirus!

Bradley coming out as a lesbian also took me by surprise. Did anyone else see this coming or did I completely miss it?
Saw it coming, but gutted as I wanted her to get with you know who...

Yel

Chatty Member
Binge watched it the last few days, while it was good (6.5/10 for me) it was pretty predictable how it would all play out. No twists, nothing unexpected and it didn't really have a clear message or purpose.

This is reported to be the most expensive TV show - costing the same per episode as the last few game of thrones episodes - 15m an episode - 300m for the 20 total episodes. All that money and it should have been way way better. They could have commissioned 10 shows for the same price and at least half would be better.

Shows about TV shows are often great (episodes, drop the dead donkey,30 rock etc) when they are smart and well written.

I don't think Jen Aniston is a good actress at all, although props to her with the scene about going through a divorce and the pr person going through what people will think, that must have been a bit awkward.

I didn't watch it on apple+ ☠ and can't see many people continuing to pay waiting for the next season. Maybe S2 will just be canned. Apple really wants to be a media creator now their hardware sales have slowed right down but it's competitive out there.

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
I tried to start watching season 2, but I've forgotten what happened at the end of season 1, who almost all the people are and the relationships between each other. I kinda enjoyed season 1, but not enough to watch again.

Still can't get over how this is the most expensive TV show ever made and there's not even any dragons 😆

I'd be interested if they've spoken about how they had to rearrange it with covid. I'm assuming they'd filmed a lot and then had to shoot bits to slice in with the covid angle?

• Haha

PinkFigs

VIP Member
We watched the first three episodes yesterday. It’s brilliant, even my husband enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next episode!

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The reviews weren’t glowing so I wasn’t expecting much. However I’d say it’s perfectly watchable. Two episodes in, I’m not hooked but enjoying it.

My biggest issue atm is that I’m struggling to find sympathy for Jennifer anniston’s character. She’s rich, spoilt, ambitious and a control freak which should work but it’s just not happening in a compelling way.

I find it interesting that new media is making a tv show about the old media... what is Apple playing at?

S4buk

VIP Member
I really enjoyed it although it did get a little slow in places.

Absolute career highlight for Jennifer Aniston, she was fantastic in it.

I do wonder where it will go for S2, I fear it'll go the same way as Big Little Lies and all feel a bit...pointless.

Lollypad

VIP Member
I loved it but the critics didn’t really seem to 🤷🏻‍♀️ however I thought the season was really well wrapped up I’m not sure what a season two could offer.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Chatty Member
I think you get apple tv+ for "free" if you buy a new top end device of theirs.

Not available on Android or pc, but all the good content will be on torrent sites and similar. With this and Disney + pirating will probably take off again.

oogling

VIP Member
I really enjoyed it although it did get a little slow in places.

Absolute career highlight for Jennifer Aniston, she was fantastic in it.

I do wonder where it will go for S2, I fear it'll go the same way as Big Little Lies and all feel a bit...pointless.
I agree Jennifer Aniston is spectacular in it!

Horatio

VIP Member
Ah ok thanks, definitely going to be streaming or torrenting at some point then as the chance of me getting an Apple TV is basically none.
If you watch it soon do come back and let me know how you find it, be interested to know the opinions of ‘regular’ people as opposed to critics (though I’m interested in those too).

Luce0331

VIP Member
Binge watched it the last few days, while it was good (6.5/10 for me) it was pretty predictable how it would all play out. No twists, nothing unexpected and it didn't really have a clear message or purpose.

This is reported to be the most expensive TV show - costing the same per episode as the last few game of thrones episodes - 15m an episode - 300m for the 20 total episodes. All that money and it should have been way way better. They could have commissioned 10 shows for the same price and at least half would be better.

Shows about TV shows are often great (episodes, drop the dead donkey,30 rock etc) when they are smart and well written.

I don't think Jen Aniston is a good actress at all, although props to her with the scene about going through a divorce and the pr person going through what people will think, that must have been a bit awkward.

I didn't watch it on apple+ ☠ and can't see many people continuing to pay waiting for the next season. Maybe S2 will just be canned. Apple really wants to be a media creator now their hardware sales have slowed right down but it's competitive out there.
15 mil an episode?! I’m guessing a lot of that is paying the main stars?

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Oh I’ve just looked for this on my phone, the last update of doom must have downloaded that Apple TV app.

We watched the first three episodes yesterday. It’s brilliant, even my husband enjoyed it and can’t wait for the next episode!
I didn’t realise until now it was free 😂