The Michalaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really just came here to voice my distaste for him filming Rufus have a wee accident at the bike shop and decide to leave it in the vlog, a clip of him desperately apologising to the shop staff whilst the camera is pointed on a very confused Rufus surrounded by a puddle of wee. Good one Steff.
Yes! This 100%! Particularly the bit while still filming and apologising. Rufus must have been so distressed.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I haven't watched them in a long time because Stef is just completely unbearable but I was curious. Hannah looks truly broken in that sit down video and frankly unwell. I think its very telling that they needed to drink alcohol for it.

But realistically the thiing I worry about most is those children. Its clearly a highly toxic environment and the long term damage of both the relationship between their parents and the public sharing of family moments that should be private, is likely to be very hard for them to get over.

Yes! This 100%! Particularly the bit while still filming and apologising. Rufus must have been so distressed.
This was so awful to watch. I have a son the same age. I know that when he has an accident in public, even though it's completely normal and expected, he feels so upset and embarrassed. It's my job to make it ok, not film him and react in a way that makes him feel ashamed.

He then made the poor kid walk all the way back to the car with a camera shoved in his face, laughing at the fact that he was waddling in wet pants and not going fast enough. Pick the poor boy up and help him, not humiliate him and then share it with the world.

The irony is, he said he was trying to capture the precious moment of getting his first bike. He has probably just captured something that poor kid will be discussing in a future therapy session.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Rufus is such a sweet little boy in that clip in the bike shop, he’s so excited about getting a bike 😭 and for Stef to just film him stood in his wee and uncomfortably walking, poor little thing.
Also how miserable is Hannah at the start?! Jesus put down the drink

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Really just came here to voice my distaste for him filming Rufus have a wee accident at the bike shop and decide to leave it in the vlog, a clip of him desperately apologising to the shop staff whilst the camera is pointed on a very confused Rufus surrounded by a puddle of wee. Good one Steff.
Didn’t watch the whole video so missed this- what the duck? Poor kid! Hannah needs to put the drink down and bleeping put Stef in his place to be a bloody caring parent.

Reactions: 5
I used to watch Hannah very occasionally years ago and, like a lot of people, stopped watching because of Stef. I really hate when a woman is doing well on YouTube just the way she is and then her partner has to get involved and suddenly all of their videos are just about making videos - the direction they want to take their videos in production wise or their new filming set up or whatever. It's just never that deep. These men come across as taking it upon themselves to mansplain something that a woman was perfectly successful at before, thinking they are elevating it, when they're actually just making it tedious and pretentious and self referential and it's just a bit parasitic of them. Just let women talk to women on YouTube about whatever they want in whatever way they want. Just allow them their own space. I don't care about the production values. I just want a space where I can watch women talking about whatever issues are affecting them and whatever is on their mind without having to sign up to deal with someone else's partner too to be honest.

Anyway, I saw this thread and went to have a look at what they were up to. I haven't made it all the way through their latest video yet because I was so nauseated by their privilege. The only reference they seem to make to the outrage around George Floyd's killing, the unprecedented conversation that has opened up, the countless other instances of racism and brutality that are finally being discussed on a wider scale, as well as the global pandemic that is raging, is to say that it's affecting their 'editing' and ability to 'connect' with their 'work' and their 'production.' There's a lot of people who wish they could take a 'sabbatical' from the reality of life at the moment but don't have the privilege too.

How strange to start a 'sit down' video and then cut to yourself talking about kinetic sand before going back to your 'sit down' navel gazing.

How utterly tone deaf to film yourself looking out of the window saying 'its a war zone out there' referring to the difficulty of 'acknowledging the wider world' without getting cancelled. Imagine thinking the war zone out there is how to navigate addressing a pandemic that disproportionately affecting black and minority ethnic folks and working class folk or the continued killing and brutalization of black bodies in your 'production' rather than those actual issues. I'm actually genuinely disgusted at them. Whatever work they claim to be doing to educate themselves isn't working. This is a sentiment that it is ignorant and privileged to express, even in a throwaway comment, but to spend hours producing some weird bit about it with yourself in a trilby is even more shocking. You'd think you'd question what you were doing at some point in that time. Wow.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel Hannah has never come across as bitchy as she does in this video!! She does seem drunk, her hair looks vile and greasy and she’s so patronising the way she keeps touching him! It looks like even she’s not interested in what he’s saying!! She’s shown a horrid side in this video I feel! They seem like they think they’re so above anyone else and they’ve got that childish “I don’t care “ attitude!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
It does make me cross. If they were working class, living in a council flat there would be outrage and social services involved if the mother was drunk /stoned /medicated when in charge of a two year old. She certainly was out of it in the latest video but because they are hipsters living in a Georgian house making 'arty' youtube videos they get away with it.

• Angry
This was so awful to watch. I have a son the same age. I know that when he has an accident in public, even though it's completely normal and expected, he feels so upset and embarrassed. It's my job to make it ok, not film him and react in a way that makes him feel ashamed.

He then made the poor kid walk all the way back to the car with a camera shoved in his face, laughing at the fact that he was waddling in wet pants and not going fast enough. Pick the poor boy up and help him, not humiliate him and then share it with the world.

The irony is, he said he was trying to capture the precious moment of getting his first bike. He has probably just captured something that poor kid will be discussing in a future therapy session.
That incident should be notified to social services it’s humiliating and emotional abuse. Poor kid. Their parenting is very questionable. Wouldn’t surprise me if they swore at them on a regular basis

That incident should be notified to social services it’s humiliating and emotional abuse. Poor kid. Their parenting is very questionable. Wouldn’t surprise me if they swore at them on a regular basis
It's upsetting. Rufus is still a baby. Why wasn't he equipped with some pull up pants. Little ones like this often have accidents. There is one vlog where Grayson is on the potty, when they go to a Gleam thing. If they don't take this down, and stop filming their kids so much. They will get bullied in school.

Reactions: 1
I think people are getting a bit ridiculous here with the parenting stuff. Rufus is not a baby - he is 3 in August, so he's the right age to be without nappies. Toddlers have accidents sometimes, that is completely normal. What isn't normal is filming it.

Hannah being drunk isn't a social services issue - whether she is upper class or working class. Let's not also forget Stef was there too. It's not illegal to drink in front of your children. I don't think the kids aren't cared for or loved.

But i do think Hannah has an issue with drink at the moment - they seem to make a joke of it, but she is either obsessively working out, or drinking.

3 minutes 35, snarling at her 2 year old to 'just shut the duck up' because he wanted a snack.
For me, this just proves exactly what sort of person and parent she is. I get it... parenting is HARD. Some days I do want to hide in the cupboard with a gin (read some days, not every day Hannah! And I don't) but kids are kids. You chose to have them, and you will really cause them some harm treating them like scum.

I'm all for a healthy dose of reality, parenting is no whimsical walk in the park, but they really do humiliate them online sometimes.

For someone who lost her mum, I'm curious why she would want such an awful, snappy, miserable portrayal of herself online for her children to see. If that's all they have one day to look back on, they won't feel very warmly about their childhood or their parents.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think people are getting a bit ridiculous here with the parenting stuff. Rufus is not a baby - he is 3 in August, so he's the right age to be without nappies. Toddlers have accidents sometimes, that is completely normal. What isn't normal is filming it.

Hannah being drunk isn't a social services issue - whether she is upper class or working class. Let's not also forget Stef was there too. It's not illegal to drink in front of your children. I don't think the kids aren't cared for or loved.

But i do think Hannah has an issue with drink at the moment - they seem to make a joke of it, but she is either obsessively working out, or drinking.
The parenting stuff is completely relevant. A child under four although potty trained will have accidents. Rufus is the baby of the family. He should have been wearing pull ups. Hannah being drunk is not a good look on camera. So people are right to be concerned.

Reactions: 1
Wow!! Firstly Hannah!! She’s pissed, hair is urgh and she speaks to Stef with utter distain. I cannot get over how bad it is and as for poor little Rufus! Stef you twit, take spare clothes, maybe a porta potty and keep asking if he wants a wee!! Oh and don’t film him after an accident.

The parenting stuff is completely relevant. A child under four although potty trained will have accidents. Rufus is the baby of the family. He should have been wearing pull ups. Hannah being drunk is not a good look on camera. So people are right to be concerned.
That is just not true. It is not a requirement to wear pull ups, in fact in potty training it is recommended not to use pull ups by paediatricians as a child becomes reliant on them and it makes the process longer. I have a 3 year old so have been through this process he has never worn pull ups other than at night for a very short time and I actually don't know anyone who uses them. My 3 year old is exactly a year older than Rufus so I know very well there are times when accidents happen. It only happened once in public with my son, and we were a short walk from home.

I don't think people are right to say they will call social services because she is drunk on camera. Stef was also there, and was not drunk.

I feel like they’ve said in the past that they both have a problem with alcohol.. correct me if I’m wrong I just feel I remember them saying when they both went sober for a short while... 🤔

Reactions: 3
That is just not true. It is not a requirement to wear pull ups, in fact in potty training it is recommended not to use pull ups by paediatricians as a child becomes reliant on them and it makes the process longer. I have a 3 year old so have been through this process he has never worn pull ups other than at night for a very short time and I actually don't know anyone who uses them. My 3 year old is exactly a year older than Rufus so I know very well there are times when accidents happen. It only happened once in public with my son, and we were a short walk from home.

I don't think people are right to say they will call social services because she is drunk on camera. Stef was also there, and was not drunk.
Christ anyone would think you were Hannah. If you're so keen on defending them what are doing on this thread.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.