The Michalaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the early London days. Used to be obsessed with Hannah’s beauty, what she wore, make up she used. I was inspired by her children’s clothes business idea, then what came her make up bag business - all of this time, she was relatable and he was okish.
I don’t know what’s happened to them. The move to Bath has seen them become dreary and depressing, which reflects into the house decor. I hate his monologues and sense of humour.
To say they don’t feel the house is right without giving it a year makes me feel like I don’t know them at all. I don’t feel like I’ve been watching their videos for years - they have changed way too much and are now very unrelatable people. I don’t get the excitement on a Sunday when a new video is uploaded anymore, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to LOVE the Michalaks, back when they lived in London and Grayson was just a baby. Over time, Stef began to grate on but I continued watching for the lovely family moments. I adored the way they filmed, their edits, and the dynamics between the family members. Now though, I can’t even sit through a video. Stefs dreary monologues are just too much and like other people have mentioned, I feel as though they’ve changed and not for the better. Hearing that they already plan on moving out of their home that they have spent over a million pounds on infuriates me after spending years listening to them plead property and constantly complain about the housing market!

Reactions: 12
I do wonder if they cant afford the mortgage and plan on renting it out to cover the mortgage. I had friends who did this and lived in rented for a few years after redundancy.

Reactions: 2
I used to LOVE the Michalaks, back when they lived in London and Grayson was just a baby. Over time, Stef began to grate on but I continued watching for the lovely family moments. I adored the way they filmed, their edits, and the dynamics between the family members. Now though, I can’t even sit through a video. Stefs dreary monologues are just too much and like other people have mentioned, I feel as though they’ve changed and not for the better. Hearing that they already plan on moving out of their home that they have spent over a million pounds on infuriates me after spending years listening to them plead property and constantly complain about the housing market!
100% this. I used to religiously watch their videos when they lived in London, ever since they moved to Bath their content has gone way down hill 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know stef is trying to take their YouTube in a ‘different direction’ but for gods sake it’s just vlogs, throw a few melty montages in, some normal every day life vlogging and stay relatable and then maybe you won’t piss off your viewers so much 👍🏼

Reactions: 8
I loved the early London days. Used to be obsessed with Hannah’s beauty, what she wore, make up she used. I was inspired by her children’s clothes business idea, then what came her make up bag business - all of this time, she was relatable and he was okish.
I don’t know what’s happened to them. The move to Bath has seen them become dreary and depressing, which reflects into the house decor. I hate his monologues and sense of humour.
To say they don’t feel the house is right without giving it a year makes me feel like I don’t know them at all. I don’t feel like I’ve been watching their videos for years - they have changed way too much and are now very unrelatable people. I don’t get the excitement on a Sunday when a new video is uploaded anymore, sadly.
I agree with your whole comment... isn’t it funny that they were genuinely much lighter and happier in their quirky little rented London flat, than in their custom built £1m+ massive house in the present day? Just goes to show, money doesn’t buy happiness.

Reactions: 12
I looked at her Instagram yesterday. She has a LOT of adverts. They must give them a decent income. Their house has too many stairs, that would drive me crazy. The stair wood looks very modern without character, or maybe it’s just the paint. But I agree that they should live there a bit longer.

Reactions: 1
I just got round to watching her house tour - they have totally sucked out the soul from that house... and seemingly all the daylight! It was so dark and dingy I think I’d end up with S.A.D living there!

Reactions: 6
I loved the early London days. Used to be obsessed with Hannah’s beauty, what she wore, make up she used. I was inspired by her children’s clothes business idea, then what came her make up bag business - all of this time, she was relatable
I still see glimpses of why I liked and followed Hannah in the beginning... before Stef changed the feel of everything.

I wonder how she’d have decorated that house 4/5 years ago.

I just got round to watching her house tour - they have totally sucked out the soul from that house... and seemingly all the daylight! It was so dark and dingy I think I’d end up with S.A.D living there!
Yes! I bet it's partly why they're unhappy. Terraces already are dark if they're mid-row because there's no light on the sides, and they've made theirs even dimmer!

They really have made it very dark haven’t they?! Apart from the kitchen! The colour theme they’ve gone for throughout the house is very dark for a house that seems to have little light anyway! I mean, each to their own and everyone has their own taste, but I feel like they’ve tried too hard to be edgy in their decor rather than concentrating on making it a warm family home for the boys

Reactions: 4
I just watch Hannah's fihished house tour video and re watched their house tour video before they started doing any work on it. My god they have actually ruined that house!

It's so small for what they paid for it. A lot of the alterations they've had done are actually awful and have taken a huge amount away from the houses character. And that bathroom is ridiculous - wood paneling next to a roll top bath with kids will be damp and rotten very quickly. And they've moved it all around so the bathroom door doesnt even open fully anymore and they have to squeeze in around the door. They literally only done that so the toilet is hidden in any bathroom shots but you cant get in the damn room properly 🤦‍♀️

Totally clueless. They've made so many tit and impractical decisions based purely on the aesthetics.

I did have to laugh though when she was saying what all the builders are doing and pretending to be a knowledgable expert, then saw one by suprise and said 'erm whats that you are doing again... oooo skimming... it looks nice like that'. Jesus woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The thing is though, their house is right by a lovely park ( the one they are always in), like out the gate, turn left and you’re in it! Ideal for the boys/dog, the house is is a nice area. To say you don’t like it after a few months is really odd, I can acce someone saying they are taking time adjustin, especially as they came from that huge rental, but to think about renting ( you do not spend that amount of money on Reno’s to rent a house out) is ludicrous. They need to just sit still and get used to it, they are not small houses, they are really nice.

Reactions: 9
It all feels really odd. I think the worst thing for them would be to move to a big detached property outside of the city. Would be too isolating when they have been used to London and then living in walking distance to everything in Bath. With young children and the type of people they are, just all seems like a recipe for disaster.

Oh wow I didn’t realise wantfeed was still going! I can’t bloody stand Stefs new accent, just be yourself and stop trying so hard man!

I’m thinking of the Bloor development in the Lansdown Bath area, although I just had a quick look and I don’t think they’d be ‘modern’ enough for them.
They would hate Chippenham, the only thing there for them would be the train station to get the hell out 😂
Crest Nicholson has a modern new development in Keynsham and apparently they aren’t selling well, maybe Steff can get a deal on a house to flog the rest of them in the vlog!
Chippenham isnt Hipster enough for them thank duck

Bath is the only place suited to their aesthetic outside of London.

I love Bath, not sure I'd actually want to live there but have always wanted a period property so it seems crass that they have this gorgeous house in a gorgeous city and they're still not satisfied 🤦🏼‍♀️

I agree with your whole comment... isn’t it funny that they were genuinely much lighter and happier in their quirky little rented London flat, than in their custom built £1m+ massive house in the present day? Just goes to show, money doesn’t buy happiness.
I agree too, their quirky little flat was so cute, covered in art.
I loved them in London, same that I would look at what Hannah wore and buy bits or copy outfits etc. I liked with the make up bags that she’d hump a load to the post office in her pram with the baby, relatable is exactly right, she was clearly trying to make a little business work.
Now though, I can’t bear watching them, I can’t sit through a whole video. Stef makes me cringe so hard all the way through. His monologues are embarrassing and Hannah is so checked out of it all she’s not telling him how much of a bell end he looks.

Reactions: 10
I think Bristol would suit them, Bedminster is up and coming, it’s already expensive though. They should consult us we can help them out 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.