The Michalaks #2 The Adventures of Hannah Maggs and Baldspot McVoiceover

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god I just caught a glimpse of where Rufus has been pulling his hair out on Hannah’s stories and it’s broken my heart! Hannah and Stef must be so worried about him! I know they are getting him help so I hope that’s working and giving him a bit of peace, poor love.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Poor little Mr. He really has been going at it hasn't he. Poor hannah must be really stressed out

Reactions: 1
my friends little girl did this, over a couple of years it was quite bad, they had to use distraction tactics I think and rewards, it was a sensory thing, similar to Rufus she twiddled her hair for comfort. I’m sure she used to wear cotton mittens to bed. She has stopped, but will occasionally still do it.

Does anyone think that maybe we should change the thread name incase anyone thinks it’s aimed at the little one?

Reactions: 15
Does anyone think that maybe we should change the thread name incase anyone thinks it’s aimed at the little one?
Yes, I agree. The thread was set up way before we knew about Rufus but it looks really sly to have called it that now. Does anyone know how to change it?

I don’t think anyone would think we are making fun of a child?!! That would be disgraceful.
Are they still doing podcasts or clogs as a family?!

Norland College is in Bath - the trainee nannies often have placements with families in Bath (family doesn't pay). Could be that.

Norland College is in Bath - the trainee nannies often have placements with families in Bath (family doesn't pay). Could be that.
Yes they took a Norland Nanny snowboarding once didn't they? She was with them for a placement during her training

Hannah reading parenting guides when the biggest thing they could do for those two boys is to stop exploiting them for their channel. If both of them were honest with themselves and tried to be the adults their children needed them to be they would remove them from the vlogs, stop using them for Instagram engagement and ADs. They know this I am sure but the £££ those boys bring in is too hard for them to give up.

Reactions: 9
Hannah reading parenting guides when the biggest thing they could do for those two boys is to stop exploiting them for their channel. If both of them were honest with themselves and tried to be the adults their children needed them to be they would remove them from the vlogs, stop using them for Instagram engagement and ADs. They know this I am sure but the £££ those boys bring in is too hard for them to give up.
I think this is why they are doing a print shop / yoga teacher thing. Probably trying to get away from relying on their family targeting ads. I hope they can make the switch, they have a big following - I think Hannah’s yoga videos will do very well, although may be very similar to Yoga with Adrienne. I wish them luck for the kids’ sake!

Reactions: 2
I reckon Hannah would be a great yoga teacher - a lot of them can be verging on cringe with their spiritual talk, and I imagine she wouldn't do too much of that?

I'm glad that they brought up Rufus' trichotillomania, and that they sought professional advice. I've had it since I was a child, and my parents did exactly what they were told not to - they told me to stop it and said I was self-harming. I still struggle with it, but have managed to find a supportive community of people online who have it too. For a lot of us it is more of a self-comforting compulsion since it doesn't actually hurt, it's just that the bald patches can look quite shocking - honestly if I was less of a vain person I probably would never had got it under control.

• Heart
How does she have so much free time with two small kids??! I’m lucky to fit in a ten minute workout 🤣

I wonder that myself. I don’t see her as a yoga teacher. Sorry. She’s quiet anxious and fake sometimes and I don’t see her as someone who has the mind body connection that yoga has. Also just because you like yoga doesn’t mean you can teach it. Mind blown it can be learned online? anyway. I do yoga with kassandra and I rally like her. She experienced and humble and properly trained.
Stef is talented enough to work privately without them needing you tube at all. So they do it because they want to and it’s easy.

Reactions: 4
Hannah comes across as quite the introvert. Can't see her as a teacher and what will she do when she has PMT and needs to hide for the week.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Maybe yoga will be the making of her. She does seem to have morphed into a nicer person since getting back into it/doing her course. I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt.

I think it’s a sad sign of our times that if anyone has a spark of passion or interest in a hobby they feel the need to monetise it. I do feel like Hannah is talented and serious about yoga but I’d probably stick to the YouTube Yogi’s like Adrienne who are more experienced and a bit more well intentioned. I like the content the Michalaks make but they come across more money driven and resentful after a while.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s a sad sign of our times that if anyone has a spark of passion or interest in a hobby they feel the need to monetise it. I do feel like Hannah is talented and serious about yoga but I’d probably stick to the YouTube Yogi’s like Adrienne who are more experienced and a bit more well intentioned. I like the content the Michalaks make but they come across more money driven and resentful after a while.
Yes I completely agree! I’ve lost count of the amount of times people have said I should sell my knitting but I do it purely because I love it and find it very soothing not to rush it and make money from it. I love yoga with Adrienne and can’t see myself changing from her to Hannah, I’m sure Hannah will find her own audience once she’s qualified if she sticks with it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.