The Long Mum #2 Food or leccy, what will it be...or how about just some new nanettes for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can claim UC if childless, but only if either you have a reason to not be working (eg illness that is deemed serious enough to make work impossible), or you are working but aren’t making enough to make ends meet. You can’t just choose to not work.

If you have a child or children, you have the right to be home with them and claim UC to do so until the youngest turns 3, at which point you are no longer eligible.
Oh wow I’m interested to see how she’s going to play this when the youngest turns 3. As Instagram definitely doesn’t pay her enough to afford rent and without UC she’s going to have nothing else coming in?! She certainly is able to work so I assume she won’t be granted anything.

She used to be a solicitor. I don’t know why she can’t get back into that field, even part time.

Oh wow I’m interested to see how she’s going to play this when the youngest turns 3. As Instagram definitely doesn’t pay her enough to afford rent and without UC she’s going to have nothing else coming in?! She certainly is able to work so I assume she won’t be granted anything.
you’re not expected to work full time with a three year old, it’s 16 hours a week. UC is a top up benefit, so even when you’re working you’re entitled to claim

Reactions: 1
So much in her recent posts is really troubling - the “I hate it here” story which she seemed to think was amusing!? I would never ever scream that at my kids (and there are of course times when I loose my cool) - as others said if I did I’d be mortified and the last thing I would do would be brag about it as an amusing anecdote?
Also her saying her eldest said “your morning breath stinks” I thought was worrying for a child of that age to be saying.
She seems to have no friends at all - every day out she’s alone with them - I know she moved but she doesn’t seem to have any old childhood or uni friends or have made friends with any school mums for the odd day out it’s all focused on her child free weekends with her bloke or she’s alone. Maybe she’d enjoy days out with them more if she had an adult friend to do it with? Finally can you imagine going somewhere as public as a pumpkin patch and setting up your timer and posing for photos of yourself with everyone else around??

Reactions: 5
I've always thought it's really telling when somebody doesn't have any friends. She's got two children therefore plenty of opportunity for school-gates nattering with other women her age, especially since she doesn't have a job to rush off to. Yes she's socially awkward but I also think she's just not a very nice person. She's convinced she's hilarious and witty and I think she thinks she's above all these other lowly women she sees on the school run which is absurd because she really really isn't.

Reactions: 4
She’s definitely one of those who thinks she’s soooo above the other school mums because she’s sooo witty and clever and woke 🙄

you’re not expected to work full time with a three year old, it’s 16 hours a week. UC is a top up benefit, so even when you’re working you’re entitled to claim
Wonder if she’ll do her 16 hours a week then. She can’t really do 0 can she

She’s definitely one of those who thinks she’s soooo above the other school mums because she’s sooo witty and clever and woke 🙄
I wouldn’t befriend her in the nursery queue

Reactions: 3
I wonder if all the school mums know she’s an insta wanker? Cos if shes seen on tv it won’t be long before they all know and watch her stories. Hope to god she’s not gona be talking about sex toys and orgasms on tv.

Reactions: 6
I know teachers at her daughter’s school and they watch her Instagram stories since last year’s Black History Month comments 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Honestly feel that her daughters will have the same relationship with her that she does with her own mum when they’re older

I think she's probably an alright person to be friends with. I feel like you could definitely turn up at her house with a problem and she'd listen to you.

The flip side of that is that she comes across as genuinely unwell. She constantly points out what she perceives are 'flaws'. There's nothing wrong with her nose or face or feet or legs etc but she will make self deprecating comments about them constantly. Her relationship with her own body and image is incredibly poor and it's worrying that that might be getting passed onto the children. I seem to remember her saying that she essentially inherited her tit self esteem from her mother; and it looks like she is trapped in that cycle of someone perpetuating elements of their childhood with their own children.

I did a double take on the 'I hate it here' comment as well and I think every single one of us with children has done something or reacted to something in front of our children that we aren't proud of. The decision to post it on IG is up for debate though, do you post it and continue your 'warts and all' narrative that you've created and are monetising or do you not and then feel disingenuous. Obviously on the face of it it is a first world problem, but we are here talking about it nonetheless.

I hope she figures out who she is, and that she becomes comfortable as a person without needing validation from external sources, I think she'll find parenting (and life) a lot more comfortable once she works that out.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think she's probably an alright person to be friends with. I feel like you could definitely turn up at her house with a problem and she'd listen to you.

The flip side of that is that she comes across as genuinely unwell. She constantly points out what she perceives are 'flaws'. There's nothing wrong with her nose or face or feet or legs etc but she will make self deprecating comments about them constantly. Her relationship with her own body and image is incredibly poor and it's worrying that that might be getting passed onto the children. I seem to remember her saying that she essentially inherited her tit self esteem from her mother; and it looks like she is trapped in that cycle of someone perpetuating elements of their childhood with their own children.

I did a double take on the 'I hate it here' comment as well and I think every single one of us with children has done something or reacted to something in front of our children that we aren't proud of. The decision to post it on IG is up for debate though, do you post it and continue your 'warts and all' narrative that you've created and are monetising or do you not and then feel disingenuous. Obviously on the face of it it is a first world problem, but we are here talking about it nonetheless.

I hope she figures out who she is, and that she becomes comfortable as a person without needing validation from external sources, I think she'll find parenting (and life) a lot more comfortable once she works that out.
I agree with everything you said. I do think she’d be a decent mate, and I def have had moments of 🤯 with 2 toddlers.
I really enjoyed annas account pre influencer, I find her spending so unrelatable though 😫

I agree with everything you said. I do think she’d be a decent mate, and I def have had moments of 🤯 with 2 toddlers.
I really enjoyed annas account pre influencer, I find her spending so unrelatable though 😫
I absolutely agree that with 2 kids I have had meltdowns myself. All mums do surely? There’s just something about the vicious cycle in the way she parents which seems to suggest she needs help.
Re being mates with her, I’m not so sure. She seems quite self absorbed and lacking in gratitude ie slags off anything she gets gifted.
The spending is beyond unrelatable when she buys more for herself than a lot of people on high salaries do.

I'm not sure I can agree with this. Anna would be the type of 'friend' who always brings every conversation back to herself, and how much harder everything is for her. She is a narcissist, who whole life revolves around herself, she won't have time to listen to others problems.

So hold on... this woman has been invited to speak on TV about saving money?
I did laugh when I read this 😂😂😂 she was saying the other week she had bailiffs turn up cos she hadn’t paid the electric bill but managed to spend £200 on new shoes ffs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Anna babe what planet do you bleeping live on? HOW are you good at saving money?! You have no bleeping money!!! 🤯

Reactions: 5
“Save money by buying yellow ticket food at Waitrose, wait until it goes mouldy in the veg drawer, whizz it all together for a soup”
“Then go to a coffee shop and buy pastries for lunch” 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.