The Lodge Guys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry in advance about my post but I don’t know how to reply to an individual posting 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️.

Tublet83, they were definitely my sort of humour too. But after following them for a year or so I’ve seen such a drastic change in them ( mostly money related) which has spoilt them. I find them so grabby now and the constant food shaming is exhausting. It’s a shame because I enjoyed watching them.

Simply Me....... I totally agree with you. Yes your right about them owning there own business, house plus lodge and good on them, but as you say, the constant mention to join their Patrion so that they can buy new equipment to produce better content “for us” gets my back up. That’s the thing with a lot of YouTuber’s, it was there choice to make a channel, nobody asked them, so buy your own bleeding gear because I’m sure no one would lose sleep if they didn’t vlog. It’s ridiculous

Reactions: 8
I found these guys via Tattle and loved them at first, went back and watch loads of their old videos. I liked their banter and thought they were a refreshing change to the instamums! However, I agree there's been a change recently. The banter can cross a line and sometimes the way they speak to each other is uncomfortable to watch. And the last trip to Florida seemed to be more about being Disney vloggers rather than vlogging a holiday. A lot of it came off as a bit too well planned out in advance just for Youtube. And I agree with the constant food talk and food shaming, on a diet one day, eating out the next, teetotal one day, drinking the next. It's all a bit strange. I wonder what the next trip will be, I reckon a Disney cruise maybe? I think the Patreon stuff is a bit weird, people paying them money every month just to see videos early and chat to them online?

Reactions: 2
I found these guys via Tattle and loved them at first, went back and watch loads of their old videos. I liked their banter and thought they were a refreshing change to the instamums! However, I agree there's been a change recently. The banter can cross a line and sometimes the way they speak to each other is uncomfortable to watch. And the last trip to Florida seemed to be more about being Disney vloggers rather than vlogging a holiday. A lot of it came off as a bit too well planned out in advance just for Youtube. And I agree with the constant food talk and food shaming, on a diet one day, eating out the next, teetotal one day, drinking the next. It's all a bit strange. I wonder what the next trip will be, I reckon a Disney cruise maybe? I think the Patreon stuff is a bit weird, people paying them money every month just to see videos early and chat to them online?
Yes I agree it did seem too well planned almost like an #AD, the car was gifted to them so who knows what else was.
Yeah I think it’s so strange why people would want to give their hard earned money every month to people they don’t really know,you can clearly see they have money and isn’t that what Adsense is for?
There are givers and takers in life and I know what category they fall into....pure greed.

Reactions: 4
I feel the same, used to really enjoy them but lately they have changed. Also I did not like the way they treated Leigh’s parents and Batty Brenda, felt they just used her for views.

Reactions: 5
I can’t stand these guys. This whole patreon really grinds my gears.
I only know them from Disney stuff but I honestly feel they’re only in this for money and freebies. Like they all are these days. That would be fine if they really brought something different, ideas or even some passion to it all. But they don’t even seem that passionate about Disney or Florida. It’s could be Blackpool or Benidorm. They’re thirsty.

So they’re going back to Disney in 60 days for a whole 5 weeks! But the people on patreon new ages ago, of course they did they’re bleeding paying for it😡

• Angry
So they’re going back to Disney in 60 days for a whole 5 weeks! But the people on patreon new ages ago, of course they did they’re bleeding paying for it😡
OMG they infuriate me! They’re thirsty witches. I watched their HHN vlog and they did nothing but complain. They do no research, there’s no thought, they bring nothing new, it’s just a piss up, a moan and beggy. And the way they treated their family member was shocking. Urgh.

Reactions: 7
I was a fan, I don’t dislike them, but I feel if they cut their vlogs down to a couple a week it may make for some more interesting content.

I like their dry sense of humour but find every vlog to be repetitive and a little boring. Also I think their enthusiasm for dieting and calorie
Counting is bordering on obsessive.

Reactions: 1
They are definitely in it for the money in the 19 months that i watched them the went from working 2 days a week to a day or two a month. No one gets a mention unless they are a damn patreon. Their filming daily vlogs 10 days ahead confused me. Why bother if you are messing about like that. For a meet up you need to be a patreon yet another similar sizer channel organisated one for all their fans in central London and it didn't end up being a barcrawl. Dont get me started on "diet starts tomorrow" and the calorie counting.

They are definitely in it for the money in the 19 months that i watched them the went from working 2 days a week to a day or two a month. No one gets a mention unless they are a damn patreon. Their filming daily vlogs 10 days ahead confused me. Why bother if you are messing about like that. For a meet up you need to be a patreon yet another similar sizer channel organisated one for all their fans in central London and it didn't end up being a barcrawl. Dont get me started on "diet starts tomorrow" and the calorie counting.
All youtubers are relatable until they get to the stage where they can start monetising. Then they monetise the hell out of everything.

Reactions: 2
When they started 'The Lodge Guys Extra' they said they weren't putting up any of their recipes until they hit 1000 subs aka when they could get paid for it. Not many ads after Lo Dough which didn't get mentioned much after the freebies stopped arriving. Even then the declaration has been dodgy.

All youtubers are relatable until they get to the stage where they can start monetising. Then they monetise the hell out of everything.
But they are motivated by money first. Usually the most successful and enjoyable youtubers are the ones with a real passion for something or who post interesting content that comes from what they enjoy.
They are driven by what will make money and what will drive their sub count up, first and foremost.

I can’t stand them.

Reactions: 7
Have watched The Lodge Guys for a while but feel like they only go to Florida as it gets them more subscribers and they don't actually love the parks. They are there at the moment and all of the videos are so boring, hotel tours or just 'mooching' about somewhere. Plus the whole Patreon thing annoys me, they will only talk to people who are paying them

Reactions: 9
They sound like they have arrived Where Nadia Sawalha and her husband are heading. Just an observation.

Have watched The Lodge Guys for a while but feel like they only go to Florida as it gets them more subscribers and they don't actually love the parks. They are there at the moment and all of the videos are so boring, hotel tours or just 'mooching' about somewhere. Plus the whole Patreon thing annoys me, they will only talk to people who are paying them
Absolutely! They’re all for what they can get out of it. They are THE MOST boring and irritating Disney vloggers (and I’ve seen a few) . They know very basic disney and Who the hell wants to watch anyone in Florida constantly banging on about calories and *healthy eating” . Give Nick a thousand calorie alcoholic drink and he’d face plant it! He’s only ever happy when there’s drink involved. Or if any of those calorific meals were free they’d be scoffing them every day. I can’t understand how people like them because they’re so transparent when it comes to greed and what they can get.

Absolutely! They’re all for what they can get out of it. They are THE MOST boring and irritating Disney vloggers (and I’ve seen a few) . They know very basic disney and Who the hell wants to watch anyone in Florida constantly banging on about calories and *healthy eating” . Give Nick a thousand calorie alcoholic drink and he’d face plant it! He’s only ever happy when there’s drink involved. Or if any of those calorific meals were free they’d be scoffing them every day. I can’t understand how people like them because they’re so transparent when it comes to greed and what they can get.
I only binge watched a few a few months back - what is there business they used to always talk about? Ie what does it do?
To say most their titles include disney etc they don't have THAT many subs or views

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.