The Lodge Guys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m always intrigued when they mention about issues with their company, despite the little effort they seem to put into it, yet moan about the strenuous couple of hours a week they do actually put in. Looking at the Companies House records i can certainly see why they’ve chosen to downsize the company. Just makes me wonder, are they selling the house as they need to release £ and cut costs or to live a life of luxury with multiple holidays per year (even if they do use cheapest/free accommodation)? Dangerous game as YouTube and patreon income is certainly not guaranteed.

Reactions: 4
I’m always intrigued when they mention about issues with their company, despite the little effort they seem to put into it, yet moan about the strenuous couple of hours a week they do actually put in. Looking at the Companies House records i can certainly see why they’ve chosen to downsize the company. Just makes me wonder, are they selling the house as they need to release £ and cut costs or to live a life of luxury with multiple holidays per year (even if they do use cheapest/free accommodation)? Dangerous game as YouTube and patreon income is certainly not guaranteed.
I think it's all to do with funding their new lifestyle and their trips to keep the views for their channel

Their company has obviously been doing quite well over the past few years to allow them to basically semi retire in their 40s. However, it might be that since they've taken a more hands off approach, business doesn't continue at the levels they've been used to. Employees will never be as invested as owners no matter how loyal they are. I think they're selling their house in a sort of "oh sod it" move to release the equity and plough it back into Florida and other travel vlogs in the hope that the channel grows even more. But they're going to have to come up with content that's more interesting than same old Florida stuff, making curries and toasted currant teacakes at Morrisons! It's getting a bit stale.

Reactions: 6
Yeah that’s as far as I knew. It just seemed like the information was out there from previous posts. It’s certainly given them a fine lifestyle!

Im crap at digging online even when its in plain sight so i am not one for those kind of answers. But yeah nothing stays quiet forever.

Reactions: 1
The name of the company is fairly easy to find via Google/companies house to be honest. Don't need to know their second names put it that way.

and with the way this virus is affecting economy unless they already have a buyer the value could go down and they won't get much for it

And the money won't last long if they spend it on multiple & extravagant trips to keep the views, also I can't believe over 5k people watched two people cleaning their caravan .. oops soz I mean lodge !! I saw the title and thought nope not watching that !!

Well my parents are due to travel last week of May and have already said they will defer it, ah the joys of being retired with zero commitments, No one knows when Disney will reopen so that's two trips possibly gone for them. They will get money back or extra time on AP but we have come to a time where making a living purely on YouTube isn't possible and if jobs go the patreon will decrease.

Saw this on Jack Monroe's thread and while they dont declare how much they earn on patreon it's started decreasing. Not at all stable over the past few months.
Screenshot_20200318-124756_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Well my parents are due to travel last week of May and have already said they will defer it, ah the joys of being retired with zero commitments, No one knows when Disney will reopen so that's two trips possibly gone for them. They will get money back or extra time on AP but we have come to a time where making a living purely on YouTube isn't possible and if jobs go the patreon will decrease.

Saw this on Jack Monroe's thread and while they dont declare how much they earn on patreon it's started decreasing. Not at all stable over the past few months.
View attachment 97078
Still 155 people that are stupid enough to pay for it. Not even a dig at the lodge guys. Youtubers make out they are doing free content. They aren’t. They get brand deals, freebies and Adsense... whilst you are not directly paying them they are certainly getting paid

Reactions: 1
A few creators who have declared earnings are getting $25000+per month so it's lucrative but I couldn't do it as personal income I'd feel far too guilty

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.