The Ingham family #47 He wears a beanie and a cap. America’s off the map.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just spoken to two separate social worker friends and to paraphrase, they said that ‘We take all reports presented to us with the utmost level of concern. If people were discouraged from reporting to us due to the idea that they could be accused of some type of harassment, then one of our main avenues of tackling issues would be severely curtailed and the ramifications could be tragic.’
They also acknowledged that they do receive allegations which are unfounded, but made the point that as evidence is always paramount, allegations can be deemed as substantiated/unsubstantiated without recourse to guesswork whenever it is available.

They also scoffed, incredulously at the idea of social services being in contact with people and having a good old laugh and exchange of information in terms of ‘Oh, you’ll never guess what? Someone else has reported you’ type thing.
If pressed on it being possible, I am fairly certain that they would have said ‘NO! HELL NO!’

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’ve just spoken to two separate social worker friends and to paraphrase, they said that ‘We take all reports presented to us with the utmost level of concern. If people were discouraged from reporting to us due to the idea that they could be accused of some type of harassment, then one of our main avenues of tackling issues would be severely curtailed and the ramifications could be tragic.’
They also acknowledged that they do receive allegations which are unfounded, but made the point that as evidence is always paramount, allegations can be deemed as substantiated/unsubstantiated without recourse to guesswork whenever it is available.

They also scoffed, incredulously at the idea of social services being in contact with people and having a good old laugh and exchange of information in terms of ‘Oh, you’ll never guess what? Someone else has reported you’ type thing.
If pressed on it being possible, I am fairly certain that they would have said ‘NO! HELL NO!’
Did you also ask your social worker friends whether it is worth reporting them for endangering two of their children in as many days?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.