The House Build - Shady AF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to but unfollowed with the constant stream of affiliate links. It's epic shadiness. How do they keep a straight face when one day they're saying how they're always transparent with everything and the next they're pulling stunts like this. Especially in light of the ASA / CMA chat, why would you do this and risk the penalties of not being clear with your followers.

Reactions: 4
The ASA would definitely look at that one for the fact that it's been marked as an AD but there's no indication what it applies to. If you're going to say you're advertising something you have to be clear what product / company you're advertising and that doesn't.

Reactions: 1
And today it's an #ad hidden amongst the other hashtags instead of being at the start of the post where it should be.

Reactions: 2
All her posts these days are as per my username Ad Ad Ad Gift Gift Gift - it's so tiresome and contrived. I used to love her account and have been following her since the beginning when she only had her bridal shop account. The ads have really ramped up in the last 6 months or so, not sure why I bother anymore.

Reactions: 6
I’ve followed THB for a good while but it’s just incessant ads and swipe ups now.
She tried to explain about the ASA rules, omitted anything about 30-day cookies and said she had to declare affiliate if she was to put up a link.
Following that I remember she shared her make up or perhaps skincare because people had asked her products/tips. She could have shared non-affiliate links, no one HAS to have affiliate links but she said, sorry they have to be affiliate links.
Every piece of clothing that “jumps into her shopping basket” is an affiliate link. Nearly every new piece of clothing or jewellery worn for IG is displayed “after many requests about where to get my hoodie from” as swipe up minus the crucial information people want - the brand and the price.
Then people can make up their own mind as to whether they purchase it from that link or perhaps be a savvy shopper elsewhere. Swipe up and have a look - cookie set and should you revisit that site, e.g, H and M within the month or so, buy a pair of kids jeans, she will still make a cut!

I’ve followed THB for a good while but it’s just incessant ads and swipe ups now.
She tried to explain about the ASA rules, omitted anything about 30-day cookies and said she had to declare affiliate if she was to put up a link.
Following that I remember she shared her make up or perhaps skincare because people had asked her products/tips. She could have shared non-affiliate links, no one HAS to have affiliate links but she said, sorry they have to be affiliate links.
Every piece of clothing that “jumps into her shopping basket” is an affiliate link. Nearly every new piece of clothing or jewellery worn for IG is displayed “after many requests about where to get my hoodie from” as swipe up minus the crucial information people want - the brand and the price.
Then people can make up their own mind as to whether they purchase it from that link or perhaps be a savvy shopper elsewhere. Swipe up and have a look - cookie set and should you revisit that site, e.g, H and M within the month or so, buy a pair of kids jeans, she will still make a cut!
It really has become very tiresome. Nothing is shared now just for the sake of sharing. Everything is an ad/add link. Did you see the KitchenAid gift earlier this week? The amount of gifts she’s getting is beyond ridiculous. I suspect she rarely buys anything these days as everything appears to be gifted. Nice for some....but I won’t be biting with the aff links.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've just looked at the KitchenAid post. Why is she talking about lusting after one for years and years and can't believe they've finally got one. Why didn't she just go and buy one with her own money if she was lusting after it so much. It's not like she couldn't afford it. And they'd been doing a lot of baking over the weekend, would have been nice to see what they baked rather than looking at an empty bowl with a wooden spoon in it. So lame. Why are big brands approving this standard of content?

Reactions: 11
I've just looked at the KitchenAid post. Why is she talking about lusting after one for years and years and can't believe they've finally got one. Why didn't she just go and buy one with her own money if she was lusting after it so much. It's not like she couldn't afford it. And they'd been doing a lot of baking over the weekend, would have nice to see what they baked rather than looking at an empty bowl with a wooden spoon in it. So lame. Why are big brands approving this standard of content?
Exactly my thoughts - a big fat lie. If she had lusted after one for years she would have bought it. The amount of money she’s saving from never having to buy anything means she could have saved up in no time ??

Let's be honest, I don't think she's having to save up for a lot of stuff.

Let's be honest, I don't think she's having to save up for a lot of stuff.
Oh I know that believe me I’ve followed her for long enough. She likes to drop in now and again that she was a city corporate lawyer before starting her bridal shop. Clearly wealthy. Makes it more insulting to followers when she does try and peddle her gifts and we know she’s not paid a penny towards them.

Reactions: 7
I used to enjoy her house build progress, but now the house is built (apart from “phase 2” and balcony need doing) and now it’s just become a selling site, peddling the predictable wares of Charles Ted Interiors, H & M or Mint Velvet if she is targeting the associated demographic of her town, plus celery juice and where her coffee cups come from.

I started to watch her but her endless complaining over nothing while living a life of lux grated on me.

I also couldn't stand her moving for the sake of it and always making certain rooms identical using the most expensive stuff, and the way she was so nonchalant about sharing that fact.

She's really irritating, she moves for something to do, then does it up exactly like the old houses!

I see she's still at it again today, getting freebies and promoting them with a personalized discount code but not marking it as an #ad or promotion. Doesn't cut it with ASA or CMA, the guidance is pretty clear on discount codes needing to declared as a promotion.

Did anybody see yesterday’s stories? Made a point of talking about gifts/ads. Discussed how she receives gifts every day. She sees them as presents you would give just like friends/family. Not sure the tax man would fully agree with that.....has she heard of benefits in kind?!

Did anybody see yesterday’s stories? Made a point of talking about gifts/ads. Discussed how she receives gifts every day. She sees them as presents you would give just like friends/family. Not sure the tax man would fully agree with that.....has she heard of benefits in kind?!
I saw that. She must have seen this thread and hopefully wised up that she needs to be more transparent. Lets be honest, companies don’t send things to accounts out of the goodness of their hearts, they are sending them as payment in return for advertisement!

Reactions: 3
Today she’s peddling a Daniel Wellington watch 🙄. Highly likely we’ll never see it again. In all the years I’ve followed her she only wears her Cartier and/or Apple Watch. I hate the thought of people falling for her “peddling” tit and parting with their hard earned money for stuff she just wouldn’t wear regularly herself.

Has anyone pulled her up about this juice cleanse she's doing this week. She's marking it as #gift but it's obvious she's agreed to promote it with the personalized discount code so there was clearly an arrangement in place and since the brand controls the discount code, it's an AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.