The House Build #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those tweets are utterly shameless. Using a PR (the former editor at Wedding Ideas mag) to go begging for gym equipment, garden furniture, holidays, luggage. I mean I knew this sort of thing went on, begging brands for freebies, but seeing it done so blatantly is actually kind of shocking. It certainly worked for the gym equipment and garden furniture at least.

Reactions: 3
How is she not embarrassed? I’d be absolutely mortified, but thankfully I can afford to pay for my own luggage and gym equipment so don’t need to go begging.

Reactions: 9
Things are maybe not what they seem, maybe with the bridal business hardly booming and Andy's salary only going so far she actually cannot afford these nice things and therefore the only option is to go without or beg for them? Really if we think about it that way it is pretty tragic. She has to put a face on it and show how successful and wealthy she is but almost everything she shows she has been given for free/had to beg for. Not really how it seems at all. I am beginning to feel sorry for her. Might give her a call this week and see how the land lies and if I can get to the bottom of the whole thing. She will definitely be more than embarrassed that she has been found out for begging for freebies, I know she reads this board so will be very upset.

Reactions: 8
How is she not embarrassed? I’d be absolutely mortified, but thankfully I can afford to pay for my own luggage and gym equipment so don’t need to go begging.
I can barely afford my own luggage and gym equipment comes in the form of free exercise apps for me, yet I would still never stoop that low!

Reactions: 4
Also how embarrassing that the PR has the wrong twitter handle. Any company clicking on it will not see her... very unprofessional. Also I am not surprised in the slightest this goes on. These freeloaders have to get their stuff somehow.

I am shocked by how much stuff BD actually buys/gets sent for free. In this era of sustainability how many blouses or shirts of the same style does one woman need.

It is like an illness or compulsion to have have have. Very worrying and not the sort of thing you should be teaching your children.

Also don’t get me started on the skiing trip. The statement ‘Mr D and I want our children to be able to ski’. Jesus Christ it is skiing, a luxury past time not bloody swimming which could save your life one day. Translated as we want our children to be able to do posh hobbies.

I feel sorry for the children of influencers as everyone knows everything about their lives and as a teenager it must be embarrassing at best but has potential for bullying at worst. However the fear is that the children will just turn out like their mother - entitled and privileged and not contributing anything to society other than vacuous Instagram posts purporting to be for the greater good of all of us.
This constant thread of doing it for us... skincare recs... house inspo... recipes. The bottom line is they do it for the likes which bolsters their giant egos and free stuff which becomes addictive and there is no other reason other than that.

Before any BD fans come in with the standard phrase of me being jealous.. I’m not. I have a good professional job a family and nice house... not that any of that matters in any way but this is what these influencers think when they see these posts that we are all jealous nasties.

I just cant stand this whole stock phrase that you can’t criticise as that is not nice or if you don’t like don’t watch.... What we are criticising is the absolute hypocrisy, consumerism and narcissism that these people promote.

They are deluding themselves most if not all of the time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Also how embarrassing that the PR has the wrong twitter handle. Any company clicking on it will not see her... very unprofessional. Also I am not surprised in the slightest this goes on. These freeloaders have to get their stuff somehow.

I am shocked by how much stuff BD actually buys/gets sent for free. In this era of sustainability how many blouses or shirts of the same style does one woman need.

It is like an illness or compulsion to have have have. Very worrying and not the sort of thing you should be teaching your children.

Also don’t get me started on the skiing trip. The statement ‘Mr D and I want our children to be able to ski’. Jesus Christ it is skiing, a luxury past time not bloody swimming which could save your life one day. Translated as we want our children to be able to do posh hobbies.

I feel sorry for the children of influencers as everyone knows everything about their lives and as a teenager it must be embarrassing at best but has potential for bullying at worst. However the fear is that the children will just turn out like their mother - entitled and privileged and not contributing anything to society other than vacuous Instagram posts purporting to be for the greater good of all of us.
This constant thread of doing it for us... skincare recs... house inspo... recipes. The bottom line is they do it for the likes which bolsters their giant egos and free stuff which becomes addictive and there is no other reason other than that.

Before any BD fans come in with the standard phrase of me being jealous.. I’m not. I have a good professional job a family and nice house... not that any of that matters in any way but this is what these influencers think when they see these posts that we are all jealous nasties.

I just cant stand this whole stock phrase that you can’t criticise as that is not nice or if you don’t like don’t watch.... What we are criticising is the absolute hypocrisy, consumerism and narcissism that these people promote.

They are deluding themselves most if not all of the time.
👏 Brilliant! This is how I feel about instagrammers who behave in this manner too. It’s not a good example to your children and not healthy for society either.

👏 Brilliant! This is how I feel about instagrammers who behave in this manner too. It’s not a good example to your children and not healthy for society either.
Also, these instagrammers are already wealthy, so if they can’t afford ‘things’ just go without for a while like the rest of us have to. Wear the clothes you already have etc. However, anyone who can afford a skiing trip, design an extended dressing room, hire a professional makeup artist, have a PT at the gym (not cheap!) are not hard up and therefore this is what makes all of this so utterly shameful, when there are people truly struggling on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Things are maybe not what they seem, maybe with the bridal business hardly booming and Andy's salary only going so far she actually cannot afford these nice things and therefore the only option is to go without or beg for them? Really if we think about it that way it is pretty tragic. She has to put a face on it and show how successful and wealthy she is but almost everything she shows she has been given for free/had to beg for. Not really how it seems at all. I am beginning to feel sorry for her. Might give her a call this week and see how the land lies and if I can get to the bottom of the whole thing. She will definitely be more than embarrassed that she has been found out for begging for freebies, I know she reads this board so will be very upset.
Upset??? She should be ashamed.....that women doesn’t understand the word shame.

Reactions: 8
Upset??? She should be ashamed.....that women doesn’t understand the word shame.
Clearly she doesn’t. Hypocritical to post a quote from Mother Theresa. Clearly being happy in the moment is not enough for some people. They are hungry for attention, money and materialistic things. I doubt Mother Theresa would approve of her actions in terms of asking for free stuff as we have very clearly seen on the twitter posts. So distasteful.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
She’s such a hypocrite!
Shes an influencer yet shes such a terrible influence on her children. How can she possibly be their role model?

Reactions: 5
Oh dear, bright yellow top, forced grin, the radiator and drain bullshit = a message to us 😂😂😂😂 or more precisely @88354. Wonder if she knows who you are?

Reactions: 6
Oh dear, bright yellow top, forced grin, the radiator and drain bullshit = a message to us 😂😂😂😂 or more precisely @88354. Wonder if she knows who you are?
Oh her friend has certainly highlighted a few things on here, but nothing anyone can’t easily find for themselves. When you put yourself out there so publicly on social media, you can’t erase it or deny it. Those tweets speak for themselves, they ASK for materialistic things such as luggage! 😞 Being signed up to a PR agency, clearly suggests that person wants attention and fame - to be noticed. I find it all very hypocritical - the positive affirmations against what THB is signed up to behind the scenes. It’s very clear for all to see that the THB account is designed to seek out fame and fortune. I worry about what kind of society I am raising my kids in. I teach my kids to ‘give’ rather than take. These accounts are very much take, take and more take. What a terrible example to kids. Nothing positive about this account at all. I’d be ashamed rather than proud and grinning.

Reactions: 7
I think in the beginning she genuinely just wants to record the renovation process of the house. However, she soon learnt that she could acquire things thru her IG posts. It started with little things like silk pillows, candles, eye masks. Then as time went on she realized she can not only be gifted clothes & bigger stuff (Italian coffee machine, kitchen aid mixer etc) but she can actually earn money from that hated AD/Aff links even though again and again and again she tells people that she earns pittance for each swipe up buys.
I truly believe that her business is not doing well that’s why she pursues being an advertising billboard, no matter what she says. And I’m not fooled by her “happy” face and her “positive” attitude. One bad circumstance & she will fall apart, I’m sure.
And how many sparkly tops, jeans or maxi dress can one person have? The materialism is unbelievable!!

Reactions: 10
I think in the beginning she genuinely just wants to record the renovation process of the house. However, she soon learnt that she could acquire things thru her IG posts. It started with little things like silk pillows, candles, eye masks. Then as time went on she realized she can not only be gifted clothes & bigger stuff (Italian coffee machine, kitchen aid mixer etc) but she can actually earn money from that hated AD/Aff links even though again and again and again she tells people that she earns pittance for each swipe up buys.
I truly believe that her business is not doing well that’s why she pursues being an advertising billboard, no matter what she says. And I’m not fooled by her “happy” face and her “positive” attitude. One bad circumstance & she will fall apart, I’m sure.
And how many sparkly tops, jeans or maxi dress can one person have? The materialism is unbelievable!!
The happy face and positive attitude is forced and false.... it is to try and make people think that she has a wonderful life. If she reads here she must see some truth in what people say... you can’t read here and not have some honest introspection of your life. Even if you don’t accept it all deep down inside she must see her real colours. I would have more time for some of these people if they actually told the truth. Put posts up which say yes I do earn money for this if you click the aff link but here is a non aff link if you don’t want to. I think that if there was that sort of honesty people would probably click the aff link.

Reactions: 6
The happy face and positive attitude is forced and false.... it is to try and make people think that she has a wonderful life. If she reads here she must see some truth in what people say... you can’t read here and not have some honest introspection of your life. Even if you don’t accept it all deep down inside she must see her real colours. I would have more time for some of these people if they actually told the truth. Put posts up which say yes I do earn money for this if you click the aff link but here is a non aff link if you don’t want to. I think that if there was that sort of honesty people would probably click the aff link.
Totally agree. That post stating that her superpower is positivity. Totally deluded! So asking for things to be given for free on TWITTER such as a full set of garden furniture and luggage - that’s positive is it? IMO it’s shameful and alarming that people even have the audicity to do that, especially when they can afford nice holidays, PTs, gym membership, building extensions to a dressing room, organising a skiing trip and are given lots of gifts for free..etc
Giving to others, having a touch of humility, empathy and listening are postive attributes. Thehousebuild account is frankly all about her. IG needs to change with regards to transparency and how much money people are making per swipe up, ad etc or we are in danger of having even more of these type of people thinking it’s ok to take, take and take even more! Terrible example for children. Things really need to change.

Oh, wow!! She does read this site.

Umm....no Rebecca, positivity also means humility, being altruistic and having empathy. You post a square when people questions your motive and you hide behind the word “positivity”. But really, look at your stories and posts. Be honest for once. 99% is about acquisition, greed, and showing off. Yours is positive narcissism. You want people to see you as successful, powerful and envy-worthy!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.