The Home That Made Me #2 No spend Oct went with a blast, Joe’s not allowed to mention the past

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, big job removing them afterward a kitchen makeover as assuming kitchen been built on top of the wood?!

Soooo the island has been painted. Still looks shite. That design screams “cheap” even to me, with my own cheap Ikea cabinets.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Wouldnt be surprised if she paints the floor same colour has units to ha ha

Yes beg beg for new bar stools

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think this is the worst design upgrade she’s ever done. Hate the downpipe it doesn’t go well in her home at all, the floors are disgusting and rotten. I just looks really shite. Everyone else has got new kitchens etc and she feels left out so she’s doing it up on the cheap yet it looks cheap. Where’s the harm in saying you know what the kitchen is looking dated so we’re going to do it properly but means saving up for a year.

I’m all for saving money but it’s not saving it when it’s a badly done job that she will want to change in 2 years (max- i’d put money on that!) time.

Charlotte- I normally like you, but I’m actually feeling embarrassed for you. And please! Sort the bloody flooring out:sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The floor would have been fine if she hadn't kept using the steam mop on it. She's taken all the varnish off it. Only thing now is to send back and re varnish(and stop with the steam!) or replace. Surely she won't leave it as it is!?

Reactions: 2
Now before I go on... I actually like Charlotte.
BUT this kitchen is allsorts of messy! The kitchen floor looked awful before let’s be honest, but it didn’t look too bad next to the cream. Now it’s white and an awful colour of teal on the island it’s horrific.The handles look cheap. The matte paint makes me think of nails down a chalkboard. They’ve painted the island and not even taken the worktop off.What if it gets scratched?.
I love her aesthetic but she really needs to spend quite a bit of money on the floors in the whole downstairs. Even the carpets are filthy now.
I hope her reveal proves me wrong 🙌🏽

I think this is the worst design upgrade she’s ever done. Hate the downpipe it doesn’t go well in her home at all, the floors are disgusting and rotten. I just looks really shite. Everyone else has got new kitchens etc and she feels left out so she’s doing it up on the cheap yet it looks cheap. Where’s the harm in saying you know what the kitchen is looking dated so we’re going to do it properly but means saving up for a year.

I’m all for saving money but it’s not saving it when it’s a badly done job that she will want to change in 2 years (max- i’d put money on that!) time.

Charlotte- I normally like you, but I’m actually feeling embarrassed for you. And please! Sort the bloody flooring out:sick:
That’s what I believe too. In fact I came across one of her posts to someone she’s following and she practically copied the kitchen.
Re: cabinetry. Does she only paint them on top of the old paint? Doesn’t the doors need to be stripped off the old paint and sanded before they are repainted? No wonder hers look cheap. With Charlotte everything is just masking!!

Reactions: 5
shes on the beg now for stools
Defo on the beg I thought the same 😂

Now before I go on... I actually like Charlotte.
BUT this kitchen is allsorts of messy! The kitchen floor looked awful before let’s be honest, but it didn’t look too bad next to the cream. Now it’s white and an awful colour of teal on the island it’s horrific.The handles look cheap. The matte paint makes me think of nails down a chalkboard. They’ve painted the island and not even taken the worktop off.What if it gets scratched?.
I love her aesthetic but she really needs to spend quite a bit of money on the floors in the whole downstairs. Even the carpets are filthy now.
I hope her reveal proves me wrong 🙌🏽
I thought the same with the work top !!!! I would of waited till the worktop was off then painted

Reactions: 3
Defo on the beg I thought the same 😂

I thought the same with the work top !!!! I would of waited till the worktop was off then painted
I didn't understand that either. Its gonna get wrecked and she isnt cooking anything- kids had beans on toast yesterday 😂 also wondering where the pets have gone while she paints as my golden retriever would have caused mayhem and hes 2 (and still acts like a puppy but the size of a horse 🙈)

Reactions: 2
I think she's trying to copy the design corbycraigresidence is doing but he's getting new cupboard doors etc. The design is just too similar!
Ahh speaking of corby Craig, the boy who waxed lyrical about his non grey house, is now under going a massive refurb and redecoration of his house... with a sea of grey 🙄

• Haha
She has woken up at 3.30 to paint her kitchen so she can decorate for Valentine’s Day?! This is purely so she has content to post on insta tonight. Wow 😯

• Haha
  • Heart
If I woke up at that time to paint kitchen cupboards, I know I wouldn’t get a good finish as I’d be tired and have poor light. I dread to think of the finish on those cupboards, her mum was slapping the paint on the other day
Wonder if she offers her ‘interior clients’ her mother’s painting and decorating services

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She doesn’t actually go out to work... why on earth would you need to get up at that ungodly hour paint your kitchen cupboards 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So that the kitchen is all ready for Valentine’s Day apparantely. Why doesn’t she just go out instead if celebrating is so important to her......probably because meals out aren’t #gifted and she’d actually have to pay for it herself 🙄

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.