The Handmaid's Tale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the final series will have elation and tragedy. I think June could be reunited with Hannah but I think Nick and/or Janine will die. Or they could kill off June! She might be reunited with Hannah momentarily and then tragedy… I so can’t wait for the next series!!
Does anyone know when the next series is coming out? has it been made yet?I kind of hope it ends a bit ambiguously in the same kind of way the book does, I would hate it all to end perfectly packaged up like lots of american films/shows do

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know when the next series is coming out? has it been made yet?I kind of hope it ends a bit ambiguously in the same kind of way the book does, I would hate it all to end perfectly packaged up like lots of american films/shows do
I’m hoping that they will follow the story of The Testaments more - I thought they might be setting that up with Aunt Lydia’s anger at Commander Lawrence over Janine. I’m assuming Janine has got ‘out’, somehow, given that they said that Lawrence had arranged for her to be taken away. I wondered if he was feeling guilty over June and tried to make it up by helping Janine - that or he didn’t want her in his house, annoying his new wife …

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m hoping that they will follow the story of The Testaments more - I thought they might be setting that up with Aunt Lydia’s anger at Commander Lawrence over Janine. I’m assuming Janine has got ‘out’, somehow, given that they said that Lawrence had arranged for her to be taken away. I wondered if he was feeling guilty over June and tried to make it up by helping Janine - that or he didn’t want her in his house, annoying his new wife …
yeh I thought they would be following it more in the latest series tbh, I cannot make out commander lawrence, at some points he seems nice/reasonable but in others he seems jsut as awful as the rest of the men

Reactions: 7
I think the whole thing might end with Gilead offering Hannah's freedom in exchange for June's life.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Finally caught up with the last 3 episodes and wow!!! I was beginning to wonder at the end if June could trust Tuello! Can't wait for the final series...

The actress that plays Janine was on Graham Norton NYE show. She says filiming will start next year, so we might have to wait a while.

The actress that plays Janine was on Graham Norton NYE show. She says filiming will start next year, so we might have to wait a while.
I didn't realise, I turned Norton off, did she chat much about the show? I'll maybe see if I can catch it!

I didn't realise, I turned Norton off, did she chat much about the show? I'll maybe see if I can catch it!
You wouldn’t have recognised her. I only knew it was her when they played a clip as she was in costume from a theatre show she’s in - they done a performance from it - her and the wee welsh guy from It’s A Sin

Reactions: 3
You wouldn’t have recognised her. I only knew it was her when they played a clip as she was in costume from a theatre show she’s in - they done a performance from it - her and the wee welsh guy from It’s A Sin
Yeah, I didn't realise it was her until he asked about Handmaids Tale, and she only spoke briefly about Janine and the next series.

Wow, what a return to form 👏

Only just watched season 5 as wasn't that interested seeing how messy 4 was. But glad they've totally turned it around.

Most things weren't surprising, but was good to see it play out like June helping to give birth. They did it well with the flashbacks of them sharing how ridiculous Gilead things were like the birthing ceremony. If there was more than just one season left it would have been nice for Serena to spend longer living like a handmaid.

I've always thought aunt Lydia would 180 and turn against Gilead. They're doing a good job at showing her getting there.

Found it a bit odd how they were hopping over the borders all the time and that Lawrence seems to have so much power, but willing to look past that.

I hope they actually do get to Hawaii and film some scenes there.

June has to die on the last episode, or second to last. Her plot armour is ridiculous.

Music was great also, especially the Hannah on TV song

Only just watched season 5 as wasn't that interested seeing how messy 4 was. But glad they've totally turned it around.

Most things weren't surprising, but was good to see it play out like June helping to give birth. They did it well with the flashbacks of them sharing how ridiculous Gilead things were like the birthing ceremony. If there was more than just one season left it would have been nice for Serena to spend longer living like a handmaid.

I've always thought aunt Lydia would 180 and turn against Gilead. They're doing a good job at showing her getting there.

Found it a bit odd how they were hopping over the borders all the time and that Lawrence seems to have so much power, but willing to look past that.

June has to die on the last episode, or second to last. Her plot armour is ridiculous.

Where are you watching this?!

That's season 5, the one most people saw months ago :LOL:

• Haha

What do you think will happen to June? Does she die in the books 👀

It's less ambiguous if you read the Testaments though.

She is reunited with her daughters.